2x Skirk Prospector
4x Desperate Ritual

Finisher

4x Aether Vial
4x Terravore

The Gameplan

This is all about nuking the mana.

Your first turns should be one of two things:

- Fueling a second turn Pillage or Stone Rain with a Skirk Prospector, and capitalizing with continuous explosions of their land to keep them locked on 0-1 available mana

...Or...

- Setting-off a first turn Raze, and playing the land attrition game (which you should typically win, given that half of your deck is comprised of Mountains) until you establish the necessary land base to lock them out.

As soon as you're in a comfortable position to do so, drop an AEther Vial. Ramp it up to three counters. Vial-in a Terravore at the end of your opponent's turn. Keep hitting their land to prevent them from doing anything about the giant Lhurgoyf, and let it eat their life points down to zero.

It's fun. It's consistent. It makes your opponent's face go purple.

I'm pondering a few alterations. Raze is now a contender for my most favorite card on the face of the planet, but I'm wondering if Crack the Earth should replace it? Almost the same thing -- but Crack the Earth will also dispose of Moxen. Molten Rain is just outright better than Stone Rain (...though Stone Rain invokes more style points for me, because mine are Beta). I like Terravore (it even has Trample, just in case your opponent manages to squeeze some obstacles out of their hand), but it's venerable to removal. Is there a better option?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Maybe 2-4 Mountains should be cut for Lightning Bolts. I am not sure how this deck runs, but the early creature removal (or finishing burn) might be worth lowering the landcount...

Then again, it might not...

J

jorael

4x terravore is a fragile win condition, but I like the deck. It's a risky strategy, but some opponents will concede out of frustration.

4x vial for the creature is a bit of card disadvantage. And it makes you winning strategy to not only creature kill, but also artifact kill.

I would definately try and add 4 Akki Blizzard-Herders :) (good surprise blocker with the vials).

D

DarthFerret

From what I can tell, just looking at it, it appears it would work. The only problem that I would have with it, is that it is LD and I HATE that! :D

Nothing more frustrating than a hand full of cards that cannot be played due to lack of mana.

F

Force of Will Smith

Fragile win condition nothing.... they'll have no lands!..
i'd run crack the earth as well...
4 cracks.. 4 raze... if you want run the blizzard herders for some blockers

Why arent you using the RRR Enchantment that you can pitch a land to for 2 damage?
i forget the name..