A Variety of Instants and Sorceries

A

Aneximines

Condemn {1}{B}{B}
Instant (rare)
The controller of target creature sacrifices it.
Life is precious, and you are not worthy of it.

Wages of War {4}{W}{R}
Sorcery (rare)
Destroy all lands and creatures. They can't be regenerated.
After the war, all that was left was forgotten relics and lingering enchantments.

Call of the Abyss {2}{B}{B}{B}
Sorcery (rare)
Each player sacrifices all creatures he or she controls.
The chasm yawned, and a hush settled over the land.

Alter Identity {U}
Instant (rare)
Change the name of target creature to the name of your choice. (this effect doesn't end at end of turn)
All legendary heroes fear being the victim of identity theft.

Ritual of the Leech {B}
Sorcery (uncommon)
First, choose one - Target player loses one life; or, put a -0/-1 counter on target creature.
Then, choose one - Gain one life; or, put a +0/+1 counter on target creature.

Inferno's Caress {1}{R}{R}
Instant (rare)
Inferno's Caress cannot be countered by spells or abilities.
Inferno's Caress deals 3 damage to target creature or player. This damage cannot be prevented or dealt instead to another creature or player. A creature dealt damage this way can't be regenerated this turn, and if that creature would be put into a graveyard this turn, remove it from the game instead.

Tectonic Disintegration {3}{R}{R}
Sorcery (rare)
Remove all lands from the game. Remove all land cards in all graveyards from the game.
Within moments, the planet's crust crumbled to nothing.

Guilelessness {2}{U}{B}
Sorcery (rare)
Each player reveals his or her hand and removes from the game all instant cards and sorcery cards revealed. Remove all instant cards and sorcery cards in all graveyards from the game.
We're all friends here, right? Why resort to devious tactics?

Verdant Purity {3}{W}{G}
Sorcery (rare)
Remove all artifacts and enchantments from the game. Remove all artifact cards and enchantment cards in all graveyards from the game.
The heart of the world pulsed, and no trace or memory of the unnatural machinations remained.

Prophesied Doom {5}{W}{B}
Sorcery (rare)
Remove all creatures from the game. Remove all creature cards in all graveyards from the game.
"I told you!"
~the Prophet, last words

I

Istanbul

Condemn - Why can't this be 1BB?

Wages of War - Way strong. Remember, Catastrophe is 6 mana, and it gives you lands OR creatures. Make it 3WWR or 3WWRR.

Call of the Abyss - Why can't this be 2BBB?

Alter Identity - I already did this one. I called it Anonymity, and had enchanted permanent lose legendary status. Since that's the only reason this would matter...

Ritual of the Leech - Sure, seems fine.

Inferno's Caress - Sure, seems fine. 1RR should be fine, though.

Tectonic Disintegration - Needs to cost 4RR at *least*. As it is, it's the same cost as a cycled Decree of Annihilation, but a lot stronger.

Guilelessness - Sure, this seems fine.

Verdant Purity - Sure.

Prophecied Doom - Should probably cost another W, or another WB. Remember, this is better than most Wrath variants as it stands...and in some ways, is better than WoG. That's a bad thing.

A couple of things to remember when designing cards:
1) Including rarity is irrelevant. People will be able to get 4 copies of the card fairly easily, in general.
2) More mana symbols doesn't make a card better.

A

Aneximines

Condemn - Why can't this be 1BB?
Call of the Abyss - Why can't this be 2BBB?
Inferno's Caress - Sure, seems fine. 1RR should be fine, though.

Sounds fine to me. I guess I was over-enchanted with the idea of heavily colored spells.

Wages of War - Way strong. Remember, Catastrophe is 6 mana, and it gives you lands OR creatures. Make it 3WWR or 3WWRR.

Well, Catastrophe is also one color, a color good at control. I will bump up the cost, though.

Alter Identity - I already did this one. I called it Anonymity, and had enchanted permanent lose legendary status. Since that's the only reason this would matter...

Eye of Singularity, Bazaar of Wonders
Mask of the Mimic, Retraced Image, Bifurcate, Pack Hunt, Verdant Succession, Remembrance
Echoing Decay, Ruin, Courage, Truth
Eradicate
Kookus, Pious Kitsune, Plague Rats, Urborg Panther

Ritual of the Leech - Sure, seems fine.

:)

Tectonic Disintegration - Needs to cost 4RR at *least*. As it is, it's the same cost as a cycled Decree of Annihilation, but a lot stronger.

I disagree. TD may remove the lands instead of destroying them, but a cycled Decree draws you a card, which is more useful in most situations (also, a cycled Decree can't be counterspelled (though it can be Stifled)).

Guilelessness - Sure, this seems fine.

Verdant Purity - Sure.

Prophecied Doom - Should probably cost another W, or another WB. Remember, this is better than most Wrath variants as it stands...and in some ways, is better than WoG. That's a bad thing.

Yeah, I guess the mana cost for this one could stand to be more extreme.

Thanks for you suggestions :)

C

Chaos Turtle

Is Condemn just supposed to be able to kill indestructible creatures? Why not just remove from the game? So you can reanimate? I dunno, this should probably be {1}{W}{B}, but it makes me nervous anyway.

For the most part, the final versions you have of the rest are okay. But I think you're undervaluing the remove from game clauses on those last four; certainly Guilessness should run {2}{U}{B}. Prophesied Doom would actually probably be better at {5}{W}{B} (if you'd like to see it actually get played) but {2}{W}{W}{B}{B} is fair though unwieldy.

A

Aneximines

Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
Is Condemn just supposed to be able to kill indestructible creatures? Why not just remove from the game? So you can reanimate? I dunno, this should probably be {1}{W}{B}, but it makes me nervous anyway.
A {1}{W}{B} instant that removes a target creature from the game would be a cool card, but it isn't what I was going for here. I was going for a three mana black creature removal spell with no targeting restrictions that could get rid of idestructibles. I figured it would be balanced with Dark Banishing if I made it unsplashable (I origonally costed it at {B}{B}{B}; one extra {B} for the lack of targeting restrictions and another for the ability to work against indestructibles). I used sacrifice because it's in flavor for black and I like how it fits with the name of the card.

For the most part, the final versions you have of the rest are okay. But I think you're undervaluing the remove from game clauses on those last four; certainly Guilessness should run {2}{U}{B}. Prophesied Doom would actually probably be better at {5}{W}{B} (if you'd like to see it actually get played) but {2}{W}{W}{B}{B} is fair though unwieldy.
Well, I suppose that's reasonable. I was hoping to keep the costs down due to the multicolored mana requirements (see Vindicate vs. Desert Twister). I'll take your advice on Guilessness and the Doom (while I hate to see the Doom's converted mana cost get so high, I suppose creature hate is inherently pretty powerful), but I think the Purity is alright (like Purify, but with multicolor requirements to balance the removal instead of destruction) and I still think TD is balanced with Decree of Annihilation.

Thank you :)