a tough one..

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by lilpinhead, May 24, 2001.

1. lilpinhead Cry Baby CPA Member

now heres a good one...there is a spirit mirror in play on my opponents side, he has a2/2 token on it. I am attacking with two rancored, vitalizing winded wumpuses and a vitalized token. he is blocking with Two wall of swords, a nomad en cor and a warrior en cor...the question is can he redirect all the damage from the wumpuses to the spirit token? Thanks For the Help!
  2. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I remember a ruling on this subject, trampling and En-Kor.

If an En-Kor blocks a trampling creature, you only need to deal damage to it that would be lethal to it. Only after the damage is assigned will the owner of the en-kor be able to tranfer the damage.

Assuming that he blocked this way, he should recieve 11 damage
    12/10 Trampling Wumpus---> 4/5 Wall of Swords/1/1 Nomad= 6 damage
    12/10 Trampling Wumpus---> 4/5 Wall of Swords/2/2 Warrior= 5 Damage

Ransac, cpa trash man
  3. lilpinhead Cry Baby CPA Member

Ok the wumpus are 15/13 each and the saporling token is 8/8. But can you redirect damage to the spirit token 1 by 1 as its dieing?
  4. Ransac CPA Trash Man

15/13? Vitalizing Wind only gives +7/+7, not +10/+10.

And no. Here's why.

When assigning damage via En-Kor, you must assign it 1 by 1, like you said. Therefore, when a creature recieves lethal damage this way, it dies. But, you can't assign more than lethal damage to the creature. You can try to stack it, but creature leaves play the second it takes lethal damage. When the stack resolves, the target for the damage reassignment is not legal and must be reassign to another legal target.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  5. lilpinhead Cry Baby CPA Member

6. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Wumpus 3/3
    Rancor +2/+0
    Wind +7/+7
    = 12/10

Where's the +3/+3?

Ransac, cpa trash man
  7. lilpinhead Cry Baby CPA Member

8. Ransac CPA Trash Man

You never specified which type. Thrasing Wumpuses are the more popluar ones and I assume that's what they were.

My bad.

Then, your opponent would take 17 damage.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  9. lilpinhead Cry Baby CPA Member

10. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Ransy? RANSY? Why you....GO WASH MY CAR!!!!

*Ransac drives his dirty, old pinto into the wash lane. It looks like it's covered in sticky stuff.*

Enjoy!

Your welcome.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  11. lilpinhead Cry Baby CPA Member

ok ransy, pay up...i washed that nasty car and now its time to collect! p.s.-i hate thrashing wumpi..they arent nearly as mean as their green counter parts! oh yeah...there are things called trash cans man... USE THEM! your cars floor is NO PLACE for used propylactics and soda bottles!
  12. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Five dollars? Pish posh. You did an insignificant job. Your services will be paid in Dwarven Ponies.

*Ransac hands lilpinhead 5,000 dwarven ponies.*

There you go. Enjoy giving your dwarves mountainwalk.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  13. lilpinhead Cry Baby CPA Member

NOT THE DREADED DWARVEN PONIES!!!!!!!!!