A T2 Combo I KNOW you haven't seen.

R

Rooser

There's sort of a long story behind this deck, but I won't get into it. Suffice it to say, I didn't come up with this, but it's such a strange combo AND it's in Type 2, (Which makes it even stranger, IMO), that I figured I really should share it with the CPA.

The kill condition isn't anything special: Infinite Mana + Something. Although this is technically an infinite spell casting loop too, which is interesting.

Before I give you a decklist, let me explain the engine. While there are multiple combo pieces, you only need to have one in play and one in hand in order to go off. Here it is:

*Future Sight in play.
*Dwell on the Past in hand.
*Your library should be EMPTY, (That's the fun/strange part).
*In your graveyard there needs to be two Early Harvests and two other Dwell on the Pasts.
*Cast Dwell on the Past, targeting your Early Harvests and your other Dwell on the Pasts.
*You can recursively cast Dwell on the Past and Early Harvest now, thanks to Future Sight, allowing you infitnite mana. When you're ready, just grab something that can abuse this, (Ambassador Laquatus most likely). Technically, a looong string of unlucky shuffles could screw you over, (If the Dwell on the Pasts keep showing up on top), but you can just wait until next turn to try again.

What makes this deck fun is that the rest of the cards are just trying to plow through your own deck as fast as possible. Believe it or not, this can go off by turn 7 or so fairly consistently. It's stupid, and it's fun.

So here's my list:

Land:
Island x12
Forest x8

Creatures:
Ambassador Laquatus x2
Hapless Researcher x4
Krosan Wayfarer x3

Spells:
Early Harvest x2
Dwell on the Past x4
Future Sight x4
False Memories x4
Brain Freeze x4
Careful Study x4
Mental Note x4
Deep Analysis

So, what's the verdict?

T

train

That's pretty much the deck "IDEA" that beat me in Abilene...

The deck ran moment's peace to buy time against creatures... and didn't run any creatures...

Instead they ran rampant Growths, Explosive Vegetation, and Cunning & Living Wishes, and Memory Lapses...

I won against the deck by using Biorythm... and lost the other 2 games...

I could have killed him though... It's amazing how Oblation can make them draw and lose before they can recover...

E

EricBess

Actually...I have seen this combo. But it was done with that green card that puts a card on top of your library (don't remember the name right off) and Mirrari. Other than that, it's the same, but the version I saw didn't require the graveyard to be empty.

R

Rooser

Well now I'm embarrassed.

Hmm. Doing it with Mirari and Reclaim does sound smarter.

T

train

don't be embarrased...

the guy that beat me plays on the tour... I'm sure he knows about stuff like that before a lot of us hear about it... except maybe our own Level 3 judge - Eric Bess... I'm just glad I took him to 3 games...

"Those judge boards spread news like they were all standing next to each other...";) :cool:

E

EricBess

Actually, the deck I saw had a development history as well. It started out a turbo land deck whose purpose was to use New Frontiers and recursion cards to set up continuous turns using Time Stretch.

Even that got ideas from a series of decks that I developed whose purpose was to overload your opponent with resourses and kill them via hand size (Megrim that kills during the discard was one of the original pieces).

Again, this new deck takes a lot of the same ideas and applies them using current card sets.

But train's right, there's no reason to be embarrased. I've been amazed how often very similar concepts are discovered by different people. Part of the fun here is discussing different pieces of the puzzle that have worked so that everyone can improve on the ideas together.

T

train

I'll watch...

"Oh waitress, honey, a lemonade, and a lawn chair please..."