A question...

Q

Quill

I've heard the reasons behind sticking with a sixty card deck and I agree with them...in single player. But I'm not sure those same rules apply in a multiplayer setting. What do you guys think? Do you take your sixty card decks into multiplayer battle? Or do you allow for a few more cards?

D

Dune Echo

Depends on just how good your deck is and playing style really. If it's designed to take out multiple players quickly, you want it smaller to draw the key cards. Now, personally, I don't feel multiplayer needs to limit itself to the 60 limit. Heck, Zadok has made a Standard deck that's around 200+ cards and it beats other decks. It really depends on your playing style and what you're going to do with the deck. If you're doing a weenie swarm or beef swarm or anything else that doesn't require key cards only lots of good cards, it doesn't matter how many you have in your deck as long as it works.

Killer Joe

My friend has a multi-player deck called, "Big Blue" (and that's because it stands over 4 inches high). I hate it, we all hate it. It's obnoxious. He has whirling catapult in it just for spite. It has almost ever counter in it and did I mention that he has Whirling Catapults in it? It has Browse and other search engines in it. It can win sometimes.
I, in protest over this grotesque deck, made a deck called "Big Green" because it stands over 4 inched tall.
The two decks haven't met yet but when they do..........Bwahahahahahaha!
I'll keep ya posted.

60 card deck? Nope. Maybe a 6 inch deck.

This is Yellowjacket.

T

theorgg

this is off topic, but do you have a big box of micilanious commons and land, yellowjacket? it sounds like you would like the "one deck" multiplayer variant. put all converters(mystic compus, the two prisim lands, and celestial prisim, along with any other "conversion" cards) in with about two hundred cards of each color. add in about 80 lands of the color. don't tamper with the arrangement except taking out the red "X" that can damage players and the drain life/soul burns. those are too disruptive to the game.

juuuust a little(pun intended) suggestion.

C

ChasDen

Spells:
4 Fire Whip (WL Common) (R)
4 Kyren Negotiations (MM Uncommon) (R)
4 Haunting Misery (WL Common) (B)
4 Forbidden Crypt (6E Rare) (B)
4 Mana Severance (TP Rare) (U)
20 total spells

Creatures:
4 Eater of the Dead (DK Uncommon) (B)
4 Hermit Druid (TP Rare) (G)
+ 16 killer walls (Black and Green) some low casting some can be high
+ 16 KILLER Creatures of any color and as big and nasty as you can find.
40 total creatures

Mana Producers:
13 Forest
13 Swamps
14 ways to get a red or blue mana
40 total (lands and mana producers)
100 total cards in the deck

Sideboard:
4 Songs of the Damned (IA Common) (B)
4 Drain Life (4E Common) (B)
4 Blossoming Wreath (WL Common) (G)
fill in with land or more creatures !!!

The idea is to stay alive long enough to get the hermit druid working. The reason for the walls is to keep your opponents attacks minimal until you can get your cards so play them as you get them. If you plan on beating with direct damage instead of creatures then stick with the highest defensive walls you can find for the lowest casting cost. Black has life giving walls and red can stop shadow. Also consider the swap of the Songs of the damned and drain life for 8 of your creatures. The cards you must have to win are: Eater of the Dead, Hermit Druid, Haunting Misery, and either Fire Whip or Kyren Negotiations. Sounds like a lot but with the new mulligan rule, try test draws and see what your odds are to get 2 of the four on the open draw. As long as you draw some land and some walls you should survive even the Winnie decks. Once you get the Druid play it at once and start tapping. Once you hit a land, put it in your hand and put all others in your graveyard. The whole deck plays from there. Watch for the Forbidden Crypt, you must have one in your hand it does no good in your graveyard, “Whenever you would draw a card, instead return target card from your graveyard to your hand. If you can't, you lose the game. Whenever a card would be put into your graveyard, instead remove that card from the game.” Remember to play the Crypt after the graveyard is full. If you have the druid in play, at least 8 lands and draw the Mana severance cast it for (2), tap the druid for (1) dumping everything you got into the graveyard and then cast the Crypt for (5). If all went well you are playing around turn 10 or so and have about 20 to 30 creatures in your graveyard along with the 20 spells. Because the crypt allows you to pick ANY card you want from the graveyard when you draw a card you are in control now. Need life, pick a Blossoming Wreath and gain 1 life for each creature card in your grave yard. Haunting Misery will do 1 point of damage for each creature card you remove from the graveyard. Put a Whip on Eater of the Dead or play a Kyren Negotiations and do as much damage as you have creatures in your graveyard. Remove the red cards, go all direct damage, adjust your land and your odds grow even greater. There are only 3 rare cards you have to have and the rest are all commons or un-commons. It can work without the Mana severance but it will take a lot longer and is less effective. BIGGER IS BETTER. Just keep your “odds” or draw ratio the same as a 60 card deck and amaze your opponents, or get thrown out :)

Life is short
Have fun !!

D

Dune Echo

Chuck! You have to post more decks! That is so cool! Man, I never realized what you could do with Eater of the Dead! Man, that just rocks! Post more decks, that is such an original idea!