A Night Without Tomorrow...

D

DÛke

Who said everlasting depression and eternal despair are not...rewarding in their own ways?

As few friends here know, I live life from one day to the next in depression - in incurable, insistent, all embracing melancholy - so extreme that what is one to do if not make something out of it?

And no, I don't believe in medicine. Stupid? Yes - I have been called that before; but how can you make black blacker? I don't do medicine: I believe they cure us of, what? Illnesses or rewards? And who would want to cure his rewards? Only he who sees no reward but a condemnation, only he who cannot overcome his misfortunes and seeks a cure. I am, therefore, the eternally melancholic. Just because I am smiling doesn't mean I am smiling - perhaps the smile only haunts my face for entertainment and as a way of mockery...not, in any case, as a smile. What does it mean to smile? By heavens! How would I know!

As a result, sometimes I wake up and wish that life just ends once and for all. I see no reason to play this game. Sometimes I wake up right to greet whatever scrap of paper I can find, whatever method which can enable me to write and leave marks, and...go crazy with words - words that come from nowhere, to be sure, not from me, not from here...not from anywhere...words, they come. At other times I wake up with a melody in my head, or a whole musical...and I try to disobey by bringing it into real reality - as if...as if the music inside my head is not real enough! But I trust you know what I mean.

One of these musicals I managed, however imperfectly - but I managed. If you feel like listening, do. If you don't, then...well, this could actually be the most useless thread in the history of useless threads. It doesn't make you laugh out of its humour, it doesn't make you think even - how...useless.

If you happen to listen, I would so greatly appreciate your comments. The only time I feel connection to people is when they are being personal - emotionally charged, fanatically, in a state of obsession, in madness - and sometimes, at rare and blessed times, such a thing happens when one listens to a provocative piece of music or when one hears a poet singing his lines to no one in particular but instead is focusing on the moon, the stars, the sky - a ghost; it happens, and I love it when it happens, because for once - for only such a rare moment - it seems that I and those who I am misunderstood by to the point of abhorrence and intolerance finally meet face to face and eye to eye, through the music - which is...my...true...language...and not these wordless words...I do not want to be heard and understood, there is still much distance between us; I want to be felt and known - and what is knowing, as I defined it to my Philosophy professor this past semester? To know is to be one with - to know is to overcome the detachment - to know is to shorten the distance...

My second track (soon to be an actual song; yes, with vocals) under the name Midnight Man - "A Night Without Tomorrow" - I would love to hear interpertations of the title, which has two conflicting meanings, supposing that one takes it personally...

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=336175&T=549

T

train

Now, my own view on thisis that night is neverending, it doesn't stop, it is always night - somewhere...

N

Nightstalkers

You are so much like us, yet live in the mortal world with which all human beings are tethered to like so many household pets.

A mystery? although I like to benefit from everyone elses misery and destruction I see some form of mirror image of myself in you. I feel at times indignant and pacifistic yet whenever I shake off this mood I am eclipsed in such an utter darkness of soul that troubles are that which I flaunt to others and make them wallow in my own vileness. Why are you so different from those others that you have pulled this out of my contemptuous heart for others to see? it is a mystery I feel most condeming to those of you who do not feel in a sense, but utter joy and concern.

Eternal darkness? It is true to all that what once was the beginning housed nothing but shadows that not even the fallen were accepted. Vileness? I have seen what happens in the light and am repulsed by its crudeness compared to that which the night conceils from most senses.

Respectingly averted,
Nightstalker Exterra

D

DÛke

Ah! and here I thought I was alone; but so many things have escaped my poor and tired eyes, so many little things and so many greater things too; but I can hear closer what is only distant, what sleeps only on the horizon, behind the horizon; but I am blinded...blinded! from too much earthly light. Too much light! And here our friends on Earth, they think having light and being in light is the truth of mankind when it is, as you surely know, only their paradoxical condemnation; and yet they strive for it, they lust for it, they fight for it and they declare folly as "truth" just to get a taste of it...

...but who are we, really, you and I, to tell mankind of Yes and No so long taught? so long taught but by now buried under the burdens of mankind, which - you know - which they call, they call what?

They call their downfall "civilization" and their ongoing downfalling "progress." It must be humorous for You to be watching this unfold. Perhaps it is the one greatest tragedy? What Oedipus! What Faust! Behold! Man is the greatest tragedy ever told! Told I say, and not being told; man is long dead, and they are alive only as memories and consciousness, as consciousness of "man" but not as man. You know! You know!

Then why does the game go on?

N

Notepad

Man, I am really digging your thread here, Duke. I can relate so much! Only problem is, I gotta apoloize because the stupid speakers on this puter ain't working. Damn yous all to hell!

N

Notepad

Problem is they ain't my speakers....

After urinating in the living room of my relatives, I'd hate to have them find me kicking their puter's speakers, especially on Christmas Eve.

But to be fair, that Nativity Scene was just asking to be used as a urinal...

S

Svenmonkey

Having a bit of a, uh, regression into your troubled childhood?

D

DÛke

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=337676&T=1934

This is another track I finished today in the morning. In a CD, I would imagine it to go either before or after the previous track, A Night Without Tomorrow - it depends on the interpertation of ANWT.

This one is called Loneliness. Not...at all...a physical loneliness...not even a loneliness of the spiritual or psychical kind...but a new type of loneliness, or is that an ancient one? A loneliness far more severe and incurable...a lack...a detachment...

Something is missing! One can feel it! Something is missing!