A green and red for critique

L

lilpinhead

I recently made a green and red Deck, I have found it to work fairly good so far, though thats just against my dad and his black and white, basically we have played about 20 times and the green n' red has won about 11 or 12, any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Land
10 forests
8 mountains
1 strip mine
1 smoldering crater
1 blasted landscape

Creatures

4 spore frogs
1 sliverglade elemental
1 vine trellis
1 elvish scout
1 goblin snowman
1 wall of heat
1 heartwood treefolk
2 blanchwood treefolk
1 redwood treefolk
1 argothian treefolk
1 ironroot treefolk

Spells artifacts enchants...

1 worn powerstone
2 wild growth
3 stone rain
1 rain of salt
2 giant growth
2 streams of life
1 refreshing rain
2 incinerate
3 arc lightning
2 fog
2 fireball
1 venemous fangs
1 pyrotechnics
1 lightning blast

N

nodnarb24

I haven't seen anybody use fogs in a long time even though they are powerful cards. One idea for your deck is try to get hold of some taigas (red and green dual) because they are always useful i multicolor decks just incase you get screwed with get just one colored mana for land

M

Mikeymike

Do you have any Lightning Bolts? Greatest burn card ever. Also, you could toss some speedy beatdown in there like Pouncing Jaguars, Jackal Pups, Kird Apes (Arabian Nights, Revised common, awesome R/G card), and many others.

Also, you do have some high Casting Cost cards in there, why don't you use more mana acceleration like Birds of Paradise, Vine Trellis, Llanowar Elves and/or Heart Wardens.

Also, try and gets your hands on an old uncommon called Sol Ring (1cc Worn Powerstone). You should be able to find one for between $2-5 on eBay. One of the best cards ever that you can use in just about every deck.

D

Duel

Jesus, man! why not just make his deck rogue-x? Come on, be original.

Okay, mikey focus. Focus is the key. Find two ways to win, and three ways to defend. the deck you have here is sorta scattered. and the thing your forgetting is to use the best cards for the purpose. I'm gonna revise it here, and post my decklist. This is much faster than your version, and more agressive. I only put in two rares, Argothian wurms (a great, underrated card!) this deck should push quick and midgame damage through, and use fanning the flames with the elf mana to finish them off.

Land
10 forests
6 mountains

Creatures
2 sliverglade elemental
4 llanowars
4 skyshroud elves
4 albino trolls
2 creeping mold
4 rancor
4 giant growth
2 argothian wurm
4 preist of titania
4 lightning bolts, or the closest available variant
4 taunting elf
4 fanning the flames
2 fireballs

M

Mikeymike

My suggestions came under the assumption that lilpinhead is a relatively new player, so chances are he hasn't seen some of the great but inexpensive (except for BoP) cards of the past. Granted, it is only an guess and I could very well be wrong, but when I started I would have appreciated someone telling me what good cards I could get for dirt cheap. Its tough to build a theme deck when you have a limited card pool, but its easy to build an efficient deck with only commons and uncommons that are readily available.

Lilpinhead, if I'm being an assumptuous jerk-off then I apologize to you, but seriously; take a look at some of the cards I mentioned and try to see what makes them good cards.

Duel, what's worse. My giving him suggestions on HIS deck or you ignoring his deck and building one for him that is stronger. Baby steps man. However, that is a great starter deck for LPH to learn.

L

lilpinhead

Thanks everyone, I am sorta new still (ive been playing for a about two months)I really appreciate your suggestions and what-not i will definatly be checking out those cards, thanks again.

T

TheShieldBearer

Duel ya forgot Krakilin one of my fav green creatures as well as fertile grounds, wildgrowths and those cards that help speed up the game and a question why use taunting elves
other than to get more out of the priests a lure/venom kind of combo would have been my choice