a friendly reminder

U

Ura

Only two days left for anyone that wants to enter my break Caribou Range contest. Just email your broken cheesy mountain of caribou concoction or a nifty caribou theme deck to me at:

ura@cpa-mail.net

Theres 2 foil rares from planeshift up for grabs.

Cheers,
some guy who thinks he's a cat

D

Duel

yo.

I decided against submitting a countermoose variant at the last moment, and went for a design that was considerably more fun.

U

Ura

Ademis22: The foils are....rare....and from planeshift and thats all you get to know. ;) Regardless of what they are, they're basically free.
As far as whos entered....people have, people who play magic and felt like taking a few moments to send me a deck of sorts. :D
you'll know all when the results article is written up and posted.

S

Salacious Crumb

Umm... Can someone help me out here? What is a moose deck? I haven't seen any summon moose or summon caribou cards...

Hoipa

T

terzarima

Well... I think gang of elk is the closest you're going to get, but the creature type is beast.. oh well

D

Duel

Caribou Range is a white enchant land

2WW
Enchant Land
Caribou range can only be cast on a land you control
Enchanted land has WW, Tap: put a 0/1 caribou token into play
Sacrifice a caribou token: gain one life.

Countermoose uses a card called Humility, which says that all creatures are 1/1's without abilities, to pump up the caribou tokens, and then counters most of the opponents big spells. It also runs an alladin's ring and feldon's cane for win conditions, if the caribou don't do it.

My deck was a w/g deck that brought large amounts of land into play, and spent alot of mana on cards like Caribou Range and Sacred Mesa, pumped with Glorious Anthem, and then living lands and attack.

The beauty of the deck was that, in an Alongi-esque fashion, it was based, verse by verse, on "Home on the Range"

(I wish I'd saved a copy of the decklist. Ura, if you read this, could you send me a reply that has that decklist I sent in? I may build it. It looks fun)

T

terzarima

Well, since this thing is over now, I'll reveal my secret deck tech

Caribou Range on some land
Fertile Ground (sorry, I spelt it fertal in the letter) on a plains
Maybe some other land
Earthcraft in play
Maybe Coat of Arms in play

1st turn with stuff out Tap FG plains and Caribou range to get out Caribou number one. Tap the caribou to untap Caribou range. Use some "Maybe other lands" to play caribou number 2. (note: caribous are now 1/2's)

2nd turn: Tap FG plains and Caribou Range, out pops Caribou number 3. Tap caribou 1 and 2 to untap FG and Caribou range, pump out caribou number 4. Tap caribou 3 and 4 to untap FG plains and Caribou range. Pump out caribou 5, tap it to untap Caribou range, use "maybe other lands" to pump out Caribou 6. (note: caribous are now 5/6 's)

And so on....

To finish things up, I put in some Goblin Bombardment and Chuck, the bloodshot cyclops. To search, there is some tutors in it. And some old dual lands for things to run smoother... isn't that cool?

E

ErinPuff

I guess I'll give my not-so-tech away too.. here's the cheesy description I wrote of it:

This Type I B/W deck uses token generators such as Volrath's Laboratory, The Hive, and Lab Rats, as well as Caribou Range, to generate many little tokens, which are all made into Caribou using Conspiracy, pumped with Coat of Arms and Glorious Anthem, and sacrificed to the Range and other cards to produce many effects. Fallen Angel is the finisher card, pumped by a feast of sacrificed Caribou to destroy the opponent.

lol ;)

I called it "Caribou Feast".. :)

G

Gerode

I wish I wasn't gone this week, I got a good deck idea.

Caribou Range seems to be a job for Palincroni and Clouds of Faeries! I would have used ways to return those to my hand such as Erratic Portal and recast them, allowing me to untap my Range and create more Caribou Madness. One day too late... :(

S

Salacious Crumb

poor Gerode. Alas, he didn't get to use his mooses... or meese?

Hoipa

T

terzarima

Hey, the sticky fell off. did you unstick then stick it again too many times?

D

Duel

hehe.
Can't wait to see the submissions. this contest was cool. If I had foil rares, I'd run one myself

C

Chaos Turtle

Since it was just a reminder thread to let people know they still had time to submit entries, I unstuck it when the due date passed.

As far as who won... I hope he'll let us know in an article that we can post on the front page...
:)

U

Ura

Not to worry chums, I'm reviewing all the decks and playing them against each other and what not, I'm pretty sure I've got a winner in mind, but there a couple of really nifty things here, I may have to dig up some normal rares as a runner up prize, but we'll see. ^_^
Hopefully the article will be done and can be posted by the weekend, I just got a new job today though so it may have to be as long as monday at the very latest. In fact, I'll go work on it some more now, just have to get myself a case of Jolt cola and I'm on my way. *grins*

K

krichaiushii

Out of curiousity, did anyone run Martyr's Cry, with or without Heaven's Gate for both card advantage and perhaps a method of mass creature removal?

T

terzarima

I don't know if that's a good combo, I mean, why draw cards when you either have the cards or can search for the cards (Enlightened tutor and so on) and stop all combat damage, thats really the only way you can win unless you've got some Goblin Bombardments in it.