A few words about the incident

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Black Tuesday, as Zadok calls it, will forever be etched in our minds as "a day that will live in infamy(I hope I spelled that right)". Obviously, I'm talking about the WTC incident. And many people have consider the following fears:
The world is going to end.
We're going to war.
My city is the next target.
Why are some individuals being "racist bastards(excuse my language)" by attacking all arabians/muslims/islams/palestians/etc.

Yes, I'm sure all or most of these thoughts have crossed all of our minds, and from what it looks like on the CPA, everybody has a different opinion on what should happen and why this did happen. I agree in open debate, but this is tearing us apart. I have seen more profanities on this site in the past 36 hours than I have in the past year. Why are we hating ourselves. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. Some might be wrong and some might have their ideals about this completely off track. Hell, that person might be me! But, from the arguements I have seen, this will cause us to hate each other for a long time, and I don't want that to happen.

I would now like to address each of the thoughts i have previously mentioned.

The world is going to end: No, it won't. I'll address why in the next one.

We're going to war: If the President and Nato see it deemed fit, we might. If we win it, for the enemy(I don't know who) their world will seem like it's over, but ours will flourish. And, with that in mind, Vice Versa.

My city is the next target: It might be, it might not. You might be thinking "There's a missile base or port next to my city". There's one next to every major city in the country. If you think you are next, think of all of the possible targets in the country. Then, calm down. You have nothing to fear, yet.

Why are we being racist bastards(once again, excuse the language): Most of us aren't. Like I posted before, authorities confiscated a car suspected to have been used by the terroists and Flight manuals in arabic were found in the car. That could be several countries. And, on top of that, if and when we find the country, I'm sure most of us realize that not everybody in that country sent those planes crashing themselves. I'm sure we realize that almost every person in this country of that religion/race had nothing to do with this. Sure, out of rage, some of us may have said "LET'S NUKE THOSE DAMN(pardon me) TALIBANS!!" , but they just had something drastic change in their lives. Give them time, they will be rational yet again.

Another issue I wish to address are the several people left dead at the various sites. My heart goes out to their friends and families and I wish the best for them. I also wish that the deceased are in a better place now than they were provided. Please, if you are reading this, let the following blank spot signify a mopment of silence in respect to them and I hope you join me.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Thank you. I hope that we can all be rational and reasonable about this in the future. I know that some people won't see my view, and if you are not, at least be optomistic towards the future, please.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Note: I chose to have this in Off Topic because if anyone is going to flame this, it will be in the right spot.

T

terzarima

Its true, people have settled into opinions, but by reading and acknowledging those opinions do we come to understand the general anxiety people are feeling. Its only natural to point the finger away from ourselves, just as natural as it is to finally accept the facts.

I hope we can all come to live with the eventual outcome.

D

DÛke

...I've studied and still studying psychology. I know that anger and blame-redirection are very natural for humans to do. I kind of lost my mind, however, since I truely thought that the CPA, out of all other places on the net, would try to talk reasonably and calmly. Heck, I've got Almindhra shouting a "F**K YOU" at me, as if I was guilty or have said something wrong. We got Mr. Arhar and his extreme readiness for war. I'm sorry, I was just shocked by how seemingly mature people were acting at normal days, and how different they are when it comes to tragdies. I guess the bad times show you more about the people in general. I learned my lesson: never, ever, ever, ever...judge someone on message boards. I somehow find myself agreeing with Gizmo (!?), Duel, and even through emails with Istanbul (!!), and the people I thought I would relate to the most, like Arhar and even to an extent, Cateran Emperor...were altered by this tragedy. Zadok and FoR's reactions didn't shock me at all: they wanted some facts, they wanted some time taken to see the real deal. :)

All in all, I hope non of us were damaged by this catastrophic event...pray for the lost, and you may have a nice day...

D

DÛke

...that's when you point fingers at so many different people, "redirecting" the blame between Muslims, Arabs...etc...when really, it's no one's fault...only a minority group who has completely different beliefs than your normal Arabian Muslim. Just like the U.S., everyone else has gangs and minority groups who commit radical acts that are seen as crimes by everyone else in that area; that in no way should reflect a whole religion, a nation, a city, or whatever. If they find who ever it is in a small city - I wouldn't think it's fair to blow up the whole city - surely not everyone in the city agreed to "harbor" whomever...this is the "redirction", building up the blame on so many when its actually a very, very small group you're looking for...

G

Griffith_se

Well, I'm glad that you didn't say what I thought you were going to say.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I am actually disturbed by thge amount of profanity used in the various threads and though I initially agreed with Zadok that it can be used in this situation, I think people now are using it to express their emotions towards one another and I'm probably going to be editing from now on. It's over, we don't need to keep using it.

A

arhar

*sigh*

Time will prove me right. Until then, you just may think that I'm blinded by rage and fury. But when I'll be right, it'll be too late to say "I told you!!!" :(

G

Gerode

And are you more sure of this than other people are sure of their own opinions?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm open to a wide variety of thoughts and predictions. The truth is, we don't know. None of us do. Lack of knowledge is what creates such intense debate and argument.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Unfortuanately, one of my fears happened: we drove a members away because he has come to hate the manner that we have taken in this situation.

Ransac, cpa trash man