A few questions ?

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Alf the White, Sep 2, 2000.

1. Alf the White New Member

1. What happend whit is for example Faerie Conclave becomes a cresture and i attack, this card said " This creature still counts as a land ". So this means that when i tap this card counts too as one blue mana. At the same time when i attack. ????

2. This mana pool is accumule to next tourn, or all mana that a have in any tour i have to use it at the end of my tourn. ???

3. Exist forms of accumule mana. ???
  2. Adso_dMelk Abbot of Wooded Mountains

1. Faerie Conclave can put as many creatures as you can pay the mana cost for each of them. Then every creature COUNT as a land. That doesn't mean you can extract some mana from them (I am not sure really).

2. The mana you extract in every phase of your turn it must be used in that phase.

3. some lands that I am sure you know, like Subterranean Hangar. I don't know if there is another way.
  3. DÛke Memento Mori

1. The land 'turns' into a creature, you don't get any creature tokens or anything. If you use 2 mana (not from the Conculcave) to change the land into a creature, then, yes, you could tap the land to add mana to your mana pool, but then, you wouldn't be able to attack. You can't declare the land as an attacker and then tap it for mana, since it will be tapped by the time it's declared as an attacker.

2. All mana produced in a step (AKA phase) "must" be used in that step. You can't carry mana from one step into another; this causes mana burn.

3. ??????
  4. Adso_dMelk Abbot of Wooded Mountains

no comment!!
  5. godhand3 New Member

There are ways to accumulate mana. Artifacts like lotus blossum work well along with land like fountain of cho and icatian store if you have older cards. I think that answers your third question, I am not sure.
  6. BigBlue Magic Jones

one other small note on item 1. Let's change the FC into a Mishra's Factory(since the FC comes in tapped.) If you activate the Factory the same turn it comes into play then it has summoning sickness and cannot be used to attack, tap for mana, or give +1/+1 to another Factory Worker. The same thing goes for the FC if it get's untapped somehow during it's first turn, can't attack or be used for mana if it becomes a creature.
  7. Alf the White New Member

That is what i am looking for godhand3, Thanks that is the answer in fat i have the lotus blossum. What you think only one is enough ? in one deck. Whit this card a can chose any color of mana.

And too a DÛke i will keep this in mind.
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Not sure if this is clear, but the reason why it says "counts as a land" is so spells that affect lands (like Stone Rain) can affect it. This is opposed to the "sleeping" enchantments, where once they wake up and become creatures they don't count as enchantments anymore (so disenchant will no longer affect them).