A Few Questions......

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Tabasco, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Tabasco DDR Fanatic

I was playing with a friend who is newer to the game and he played Ferocity on one of his creatures.

Lets say that it was a 2/2 creature. If I block with a 3/3 does the lethal damage kill it or does the +1/+1 counter trigger as it becomes blocked.

Also, what happens if I block with 3 1/1's does each one trigger the counter or is it considered on block.

My other concern is with alpha status and druid's call enchanting a squirrel. If lethal damage is dealt to the creature, which resolves first? - the creature dying or the 1/1 squirrels coming into play giving it +2/+2 and thus not dying............ever (from combat damage)??

Thank you in advance
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ferocity: The ability gets triggered when it becomes blocked, so it'll be a 3/3 and both creatures will die if you blocked with a 3/3.

For the 3 1/1's, it only triggers once since all blocks are considered simultaneous and it doesn't say "for each creature that blocks" like rampage does.

Alpha Status/Druid's Call: Druid's Call is triggered when the creature is dealt damage, so the damage has been resolved already and the state-based check of lethal damage is next before Druid's Call resolves. So the creature will die and then the Druid's Call will resolve (barring no other additions to the stack).
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

Best thing to do is find a way to prevent 1 from the lethal... then you get a fat squirrel...;)
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Urza's Armor! :) Oh wait, that's just damage to you...
  5. train The Wildcard!!!...

How's about 2 druid's calls on the squirrel!!!...
  6. EricBess Active Member

The number of Druid's calls doesn't really matter because the state-based effects are still checked before any of the triggers resolve.

Come on, train, you knew that...
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Revoke his judgenesship! :p
  8. train The Wildcard!!!...

It was mentioned for preventing lethal... and making more squirrels... to make more fatness!!!...