A Brand New Idea

T

terzarima

I know that with all of the new cards with prophecy and Nemesis and such, many people have rush decks, counterspell decks, land killing decks but I have an Idea for a seldom used color combo with an interesting way of winning.
The Idea is a creature killing deck one I've named Death threat, a deck built on cards like snuff out and seal of doom, so that you can bring in smaller cards and pump them up, so here it is:

Creatures
4xTroubled Healer
2xAvatar of Hope
2xCho-Arrim Alchemist
2xBlinding Angel
2xLightbringer
2xPlague Fiend
1xRathi Assassin
1xSilent Assassin

Spells
4xDisenchant
4xGlorious Anthem
2xWorship
4xSnuff out
4xSever Soul
3xSeal of Doom
2xSoul Strings

Land
1xKor Haven
10xSwamp
10xPlains

Sideboard
2xSeal of Cleansing
2xDefiant Falcon
2xRamosisan Rally
2xCrackdown
2xCatastrophe
2xHaunted Crossroads
1xPurify
1xChimeric Idol
1xKill Switch

Whoa! So there it is, not bad,eh? I couldn't get hold of any Avatars of Woe yet thought. Well feedback is always welcome.

Z

Zadok001

A good start. The first problem I would think you'll run into will be mana, though. A lot of your spells cost three or four mana, a step up from what 21 land can easily handle. Now, Dark Ritual would be a nice way to solve that problem, but I'm not sure how it fits with some of the colored mana requirements (what doesn Troubled Healer cost, anyways?).

The other thing is Mageta. He fits the theme nicely, and can single-handedly win against some decks. The only problem with him is multiplayer, both you and he end up with these big red concentric circles painted on your foreheads. :) It's not pretty.

(Btw, as you probably already know, you can get Avatar of Woe in the precon deck "Distress." That's an easy way to acquire some. :) )

"Mageta fits with Avatar of Woe, too..."