4 Thornwind Faeries

Enchantments

4 Curiosity
4 Alexi's Cloak
4 Pemmin's Aura
4 Sigil of Sleep

Instants

4 Disenchant

The goal of this deck is fairly straightforward: Use Your creatures to "burn" other creatures and/or players, with the creature enchantments providing various added effects. Svyelunite Temple and Saprazzan Skerry are used to eek out an extra U from 1 card and, when combined with an island in hand, can get a creature out (they all cost 3) in 2 turns, rather than 3 (play the temple or skerry on turn 1, then on Your next turn, when they've untapped, play an island. Sacrifice the temple or remove a depletion counter from the skerry and tap the island to get one out early).

C

chocobo_cid

A blue burn deck without Psychic Venom? Blasphemy!

Seriously, though, I would suggest Boomerangs and Counterspells or an occasional mana leak. Mana Leak works well with Psychic Venom, by the way.

Look into these:

Creature Bond
Mana Short ($$$)
Mind Bomb

If you dont mind a little black and want to do non-conventional (read: non-red) burn, use Megrim. Lots of fun.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was thinking more along the lines of Psionic Blast when I saw the title...

Actually, Al0ysiusHWWW used to have a monoblue deck I called "Tapdancer" that used a similar concept to this deck. It worked to tap out the opponent, and often with local enchantments that punished them for letting him do so (like Psychic Venom). It could also untap his own creatures, like Thornwind Faeries, Prodigal Sorcerer, etc. and had a power play in Reins of Power...

D

DeathMaster666

Try to run Adarkar Wastes or Coastal Tower, or maybe Flooded Strand if you have some. Mana base looks a little shaky.

A

A Mortal Among Gods

Thanks for the advice, Guys.

A blue burn deck without Psychic Venom? Blasphemy!

Seriously, though, I would suggest Boomerangs and Counterspells or an occasional mana leak. Mana Leak works well with Psychic Venom, by the way.

Look into these:

Creature Bond
Mana Short ($$$)
Mind Bomb

If you dont mind a little black and want to do non-conventional (read: non-red) burn, use Megrim. Lots of fun.
Sounds all good, so I'll test them out, but one ruling question about Mana Short: When His mana pool empties, does He take mana burn? The card didn't say. I figured it would've.

I was thinking more along the lines of Psionic Blast when I saw the title...
YAAAAAAAA! $20.00 a card!? Now unless You can find Me a place that sells Psionic Blast dirt cheap, like $2.00 a card,........Psychic Venom, Blight, Erosion, Mana Short, Dingus Egg. I think I've got another idea for a deck. :)

Try to run Adarkar Wastes or Coastal Tower, or maybe Flooded Strand if you have some. Mana base looks a little shaky.
You think so? O.K. At the time, I was going to add Flooded Strand and Adarkar Wastes, but I figured I'd be adding unecessary land since the only white spell I have in My deck is Disenchant. I figured just plains was enough, but yeah I'll go ahead and add Flooded Strand in there to see how well that works.

D

DeathMaster666

Just cut 4 Islands for 4 Strands. It'll thin your deck too.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
$20.00? I'm assuming you're talking about black-bordered there, or maybe cards are just more expensive in your area. I don't think I've ever seen anyone consider an Unlimited Blast for even close to $20...

But I know what you mean. It wouldn't buy Psionic Blasts either...

Some people do have them though...

Mana Short doesn't add mana to anyone's pool, just taps a player's lands and empties that player's pool, so yeah, there's no mana burn whatsoever...

T

Tabasco

Opposition.......nothing gives more satisfaction to a blue mage than to see his opponent's forehead vein become larger from all the tapping fun Opposition provides.......good against fatties for this deck.

Definitely go with 4x Flooded Strand

M

mlai

Originally posted by Oversoul
$20.00? I'm assuming you're talking about black-bordered there, or maybe cards are just more expensive in your area. I don't think I've ever seen anyone consider an Unlimited Blast for even close to $20...
They go for about $13, and in my mind, anything above $10 might as well be $20, or $500 for that matter--too expensive for me.

T

train

this thread is just wrong...

don't run counters...

don't even run islands...

just run black lotii...

;)

A

A Mortal Among Gods

Originally posted by train
this thread is just wrong...

don't run counters...

don't even run islands...

just run black lotii...

;)
Yeah, right. Roughly $500 a card. Sure, man. :)

T

train

your still a newb here... guess that's why you wouldn't get the joke...

I'm "Mr. Anti-Blue..." - nice to meet you...

If you're running the plains just for the 4 disenchants - go with Capsizes instead - keeps the deck mono-blue... but maintains control...

and you could definitely drop alexi's for whispersilk cloaks...;) combos with the other - "deal dmg - draw" cards...;)

A

A Mortal Among Gods

your still a newb here... guess that's why you wouldn't get the joke...

I'm "Mr. Anti-Blue..." - nice to meet you...

Ahhhh. O.K. I see now. I thought You were being serious for a second. I've had it happen before.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, definitely either add more white (Abeyance is good) or take it out altogether...

Probably the latter if you're sadistic, since Capsize is even more evil than Train might try to tell you...

C

chocobo_cid

I'd say to cut the cheap tims for a few Psionic Gifts, Viridian Longbows, or Hermetic Study. It's often more useful to cast the equipment on a nice cheap Art/U blocker than hardcast the Prodigals.

T

train

but then you're taking up 8 card slots instead of just 4...

I thought of the same reasoning...

but, bes tI could think of was capsize overall...

unless there were some glacial walls or otherwise in there...;)

And capsize is not evil...

it's the hermaphroditic existence of an object that spawns all evil...:mad:

C

chocobo_cid

Hermaphroditic?

Object that spawns all evil? You mean the Mirrari, right?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Train, I remind you that Capsize has a few of the little raindrop symbols in its casting cost...

Hermaphroditic existence? I have no clue what you're talking about...

C

chocobo_cid

And capsize is not evil...
As of 12:34PST, 06072004, train renounces his hate of blue!

it's the hermaphroditic existence of an object that spawns all evil...
As of 12:34PST, 06072004, train renounces his un-hate of blue!

Amazing! Two ideology changes in less than one minute!