7th Rumors...

P

Purple_jester

Since everyone isn't rumor-mongering about Planeshift anymore, I thought I'd (plane)shift attention back to 7th edition. Here are some rumors I dragged from MTGnews. I tried not to repeat anything that CE already printed a few weeks back.

Hey, CE, how about some confirmation on these? Thanks! ;)

Bottle Gnomes
Cataclysm
Diabolic Edict (with this and Duress, black is back in business)
Living Death (did I mention that black was back?)
Persecute
Phyrexian Colossus
Propaganda (yes, my favorite defensive enchantment)
Thorn Elemental (his new art confirms he's in, I guess)
Verdant Force
Wall of Blossoms (does this mean the other wall are back too?)
Wildfire (LD just got a shot in the arm)
Worn Powerstone

Well? Let's hear some comments. Just don't punish the messenger, okay? :D

R

rkoelsch

they would reprint both Thorn Elemental and Verdant Force but you never know.

Killer Joe

Ya Know, if they make the "7" sign as the card set symbol, then what would be the harm of making it BLACK BORDERED?
Wishing, not a rumour:
Tradewind Rider
Wall of Blossoms (or Wall of Roots)
Spike 1 (Weaver)
Spike 2 (Feeder)
and,
Unyaro Bee Sting!

R

rkoelsch

Worship and Serra Angel. Both would be way cool though I am not sure I like the proposed picture for Serra. But that is probably because I am used to the old picture.

M

Mr_Pestilence

Serra Angel and Worship with no Anarchy? Verdant Force and Thorn Elemental with no Perish?

It's a very bad day Black and Red...

C

Cateran Emperor

So far, here's what we've come out with:

WHITE
Angelic Page
Circle of Protection: Black
Circle of Protection: Blue
Circle of Protection: Green
Circle of Protection: Red
Circle of Protection: White
Cloudchaser Eagle
Crossbow Infantry
Disenchant
Eager Cadet
Eastern Paladin
Gerrard’s Wisdom
Glorious Anthem
Fallen Angel
Healing Salve
Holy Strength
Honor Guard
Knight Errant
Northern Paladin
Pacifism
Pariah
Razorfoot Griffin
Sacred Nectar
Samite Healer
Serra Angel
Shield Wall
Skyshroud Falcon
Southern Paladin
Standing Troops
Venerable Monk
Worship
Wrath of God

BLUE
Confiscate
Coral Merfolk
Counterspell
Glacial Wall
Lord of Atlantis
Mahamoti Djinn
Sleight of Hand

BLACK
Breath of Life
Breavement
Dark Banishing
Drudge Skeletons
Duress
Foul Imp
Megrim
Mind Rot
Necrologia
Nightmare
Ostracize
Unholy Strength
Western Paladin
Yawgmoth’s Edict

RED
Boil
Disorder
Goblin Chariot
Goblin King
Goblin Matron
Goblin Raider
Goblin Spelunkers
Lightning Blast
Orcish Artillery
Pillage
Pygmy Pyrosaur
Raging Goblin
Shivan Dragon
Shock
Wildfire

GREEN
Anaconda
Birds of Paradise
Blanchwood Armor
Bull Hippo
Elite Archers
Elvish Lyrist
Fog
Giant Growth
Grizzly Bears
Llanowar Elves
Might of Oaks
Thorn Elemental
Treefolk Seedlings

ARTIFACT
Dingus Egg
Ensnaring Bridge
Millstone
Mirage Diamonds

LAND
City of Brass
Ice Age Pain Lands

If I didn't mention it, it isn't confirmed yet. We're still cracking this all open, 7th isn't easy to get our hands on...

And of course, usual disclaimers such as I'm not to be held responsible if this is wrong (doubtful), all my sources are classified, et al.

C

Cateran Emperor

*grumbling* darn portal cardlists... Oh well, here's our latest version:

IN

WHITE
Angelic Page
Breath of Life
Circle of Protection: Black
Circle of Protection: Blue
Circle of Protection: Green
Circle of Protection: Red
Circle of Protection: White
Cloudchaser Eagle
Crossbow Infantry
Disenchant
Eager Cadet
Eastern Paladin
Elite Archers
Gerrard’s Wisdom
Glorious Anthem
Healing Salve
Holy Strength
Honor Guard
Knight Errant
Northern Paladin
Pacifism
Pariah
Razorfoot Griffin
Sacred Nectar
Samite Healer
Serra Angel
Shield Wall
Skyshroud Falcon
Southern Paladin
Standing Troops
Venerable Monk
Worship
Wrath of God

BLUE
Confiscate
Coral Merfolk
Counterspell
Glacial Wall
Lord of Atlantis
Mahamoti Djinn
Sleight of Hand

BLACK
Breath of Life
Breavement
Dark Banishing
Drudge Skeletons
Duress
Eastern Paladin
Fallen Angel
Foul Imp
Megrim
Mind Rot
Necrologia
Nightmare
Ostracize
Unholy Strength
Western Paladin
Yawgmoth’s Edict

RED
Boil
Disorder
Earthquake
Goblin Chariot
Goblin Hero
Goblin King
Goblin Matron
Goblin Raider
Goblin Spelunkers
Lightning Blast
Orcish Artillery
Pillage
Pygmy Pyrosaur
Raging Goblin
Shivan Dragon
Shock
Wildfire

GREEN
Anaconda
Birds of Paradise
Blanchwood Armor
Bull Hippo
Fog
Elvish Archers
Elvish Lyrist
Giant Growth
Grizzly Bears
Llanowar Elves
Might of Oaks
Thorn Elemental
Treefolk Seedlings
Verduran Enchantress
Yavimaya Enchantress

ARTIFACT
Dingus Egg
Ensnaring Bridge
Millstone
Mirage Diamonds

LAND
City of Brass
Ice Age Pain Lands
And of course, there're those wacky basic lands...

Out
All other non-basic lands
Mirage Tutors
Argothian Enchantress
Armageddon
Bad Moon
Brainstorm
Control Magic
Cursed Scroll
Dark Ritual
Dismiss
Donate
Dragon Engine
Endless Wurm
Erhnam Djin
Erratic Portal
Fireball
Gamble
Hammer of Bogandard
Impulse
Kindle
Icy Manipulator
Incinerate
Living Death
Man-'o-War
Mana Flare
Mogg Fanatic
Mox Diamond
Nevinyrral's Disk
Nomadic Elf
Overrun
Peace of Mind
Perish
Pestilence
Phyrexian Plaguelord
Powder Keg
Rolling Thunder
Royal Assassin
Sengir Vampire
Shard Phoenix
Silver Wyvern
Sorceress Queen
Soul Warden
Stupor
Time Warp
Tradewind Rider
Treachery
Vendetta

My current sources have a bit of bizarre news, there are supposedly two cards out of Invasion that will be in 7th, one of which will make our green mages who love their elves immensely happy, the other of which is a 'ayup, there it is' white flyer (common). I think it's pretty obvious who I'm referring to here...

A

Aku Necromancer

im not familiar with Goblin Chariot
JoY! Im happy to see Duress back!

S

Sammy Dead-O

I think Goblin Chariot is from Starter (and maybe Portal before that). Something like: 2R, 2/2 Haste. I'm happy to see any goblins around (Goblin Raider especially!). Too bad Mogg Fanatic won't be back. Now, if only they could find room for Jackal Pup...

S

Sidar Jabari

Isn't Eastern Paladin black?

Why are they reprinting Gerrards Wisdom and Elite archers, I thought they only reprinted cards that people actually liked?

What is Eager Cadet?
What is Knight Errant?
I hope they're weenies (They do sound like weenies)

Wildfire? Oh dammit! I hate Wildfire!

Dammit! White got screwed! Where's our creature kill. C'mon, we want to keep exile. Or something more common with a 'remove target attacking creature from the game' vibe.
I hope this isn't the full list for white.

I hate 7th edition. Dammit!

Still... Worship, Pariah and Anthem are good. Maybe it's not all doom and gloom(eek!)after all.

Good too see not too many colour hosers. Yay, still no ritual! (You die black!!) Yay, still givin' stoopid green loadsa usless landwalkers! Shivan dragon - shut up!! Blue list no where near complete - doh - lots of bad broken still left to put in at last minute.

Please please please give us shiny Cataclysm. Please.

Oh and it'd better be black bordered or I'm sending my goons round (And no-one talks back to a Knight of Valour. I don't imagine any of you have flanking. Well, do you? Okay then, -2/-2 for you then! Suckers!)

Dammit! I just found Breath of Life. And Knight Errant, and Eager Cadet.

IF YOU THOUGHT THAT LAST BIT WAS A RANT YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANY THING YET!!

1W for a 2/2 (That isn't a rebel)
W for a 1/1
White graveyard manipulation - not again!!

WAS TUNDRA WOLF REALLY THAT BROKEN?
YOU CANNOT PRINT A VANILLA 1/1 IN WHITE!!

NEVER NEVER NEVER!!

Stop giving us rubbish reanimation!! That is for Black, GOT IT!! Black reanimates stuff, NOT WHITE!!

Eager Cadet?? Icatian Infantry would be turning in it's grave!!

Wizards, answer me this. What is white supposed to do if you take away our weenies? Removing 'Geddon I understand. Always been out of flavour. Okay, fair enough. You can have that one. But a vanilla 1/1. What's the point? Will anyone play it? NO! We don't even play Tundra Wolves or Infantry Veteran so were not going to play this.....Errant Cadet. (looks disgustedly at the stoopid card)

Dammit!!!

How can you neuter our weenies like this? How? It's been bad enough recently, (Rammosian Sergent being the only 1 drop white has nowadays) but this is the last straw.

"My soldiers fought without fear, died without doubt" and for what. So you could destroy the first two turns of the game? So that playing well was all about having the most recent rare (and expensive) 7/7 trampler for 4 or 5 mana and beating us about with it while we sit looking at our hand of four cost sorceries that do NOTHING and staring wistfully at our Rath and Urzas cycle weenies that could actually have hurt you before you got out your monstrosity with equally broken mana acceleration.

Curse you!!!

If this is what 7th edition is really going to be like then I am going to be very very angry. (And then I'll send a White Knight on ya! What ya gonna do then?)

F

FoundationOfRancor

Sidar...settle down.

Its a 1/1 for W, one card, out of a lot of white spells. Get over it.

I'm glad to see white get back to some of its roots (Graveyard manipulation), I think its cool.

...I don't know why, but I'm not really believing this list...

C

Cateran Emperor

Well, it still isn't completed yet. And yes, several cards are Portal (and Eastern Paladin is black, my fault. There's a whole lot of typing going on with this + English paper ;) )

Now Sidar, do calm down. I obviously can't guarantee this is correct, but my team has been doing sets for a while now. I should hope we're getting at least *slightly* more experienced then this (I will admit we kind of botched Masques and a bit of Nemesis, but we got Invasion pretty darn close didn't we? :cool: )

If you'd care to have some information from a source other than our little group, here are some images from Seventh to perhaps help you out. No comfirmation on what specifically these are yet though, that's going to take a while on the black image, but the red, green, and white ones... they speak for themselves...

Red's 7th Edition large angry lizard..?
http://www.magicsur.com/article.php3?sid=121

Black's 7th Edition unconfirmed Dark Knightesque fellow..?
http://www.magicsur.com/article.php3?sid=122

White's 7th Edition rather well known Leading Lady..?
http://www.magicsur.com/article.php3?sid=98

Green's 7th Edition thorny pal..?
http://www.magicsur.com/article.php3?sid=111

No word yet on Blue's mascot I'm afraid.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Cool! Thanks CE!

Red= Awesome picture. Maybe Shivan Dragon?

Black= Totally cool. Go Kev Walker! I have no idea what card though...

White= I've heard this is the new Serra Angel. Am I the only one who doesent like this picture?

Green= Thorn Elemental I suppose, I like it, but the eyes are kinda confusing. LoL.

C

Chaos Turtle

I think that the black card is either the Eastern Paladin or the Western Paladin.

S

Sidar Jabari

Sorry guys, don't know what happened there!

I guess I was just tired and angry, I know no one's really to blame and Magic is always changing, but I've always thought of White as the weenie colour and even though Green has had the best weenies in several sets (esp. Mirage and 6th Edition)I always expected the glory days to return to White.

Still, the direction the game is headed means that the action starts hotting up on the 4th or 5th turns, and although I'll miss getting in a few early points of damage I trust the guys in charge.

Still, I can always play my old Mirvlite/Rath cycle WW with shadows, en-kor, empyrial armour and cataclysm. I mean, no-ones forcing me to buy the new cards, are they?

Anywayz, nice to have Serra and Shivan back, and the art looks really really cool. And, even though I probably won't buy any boosters I think there's one or two single cards that I might be buying ;)

Right then guys, sorry about my outburst, I'll chat to you all on Monday. I'm off home to see my girlfriend for an early valentines day! See ya!

P

Purple_jester

Ahem. If you hadn't noticed, white still does have the best weenies around. They're called REBELS. As for creature kill, nothing but nothing beats Wrath of God. I can live with Pacifism as long as there's Wrath to serve as a panic button.

I'll probably be purchasing 7th ed. ?During my hiatus from Magic I missed the Exodus expansion and the entire Urza's block. Besides, I want to see the new art. ;)

M

Multani

Interesting....White and green seem to be rather strong. I'm saddened that Blue isn't getting much help. Recently, Blue has not been getting the countering power it needs. I think they need to reprint some of the nice counters in Tempest Block.
City of Brass seems nice, and I guess WOTC is leaning toward more rainbow decks.

Overall, decent for a basic set, but weak for a expansion set.