Advice Request

T

theorgg

I'm going off to colledge in about two months. The name of it is Fullsail, and it is a twenty-four hour colledge. I will have about eight hours out of class on average, and somtimes less.

I might have computer access, I might not. Depends on the workload.

I've played this game for several years, and have loved every minute of it.

I'm not going to sell off my sets, but I might not have time to keep up with it as fanatically as I have... :(

I don't know for a fact that I won't have time, but it does seem that way.

How would be the best way to take this game with me onto my adult life? I know it can be done, I just don't know how.

Magic Online? It's just a big chatroom

The Message Boards? This is the only one that hasn't degenerated to nothing, and people are saying that it will, and its biggest supporters have taper'd off, with our Ferret(NOT starcity's), Baron Sengir, Child of Gaea, Ed(Mike) Sullivan, Zadoc001, Duel, Dune Echo, et cetera all MIA or presumed lost to real life circumstance... or worse. If I only can come here once a week for two hours, another voice that has been here for two-and-a-half years will be absent a majority of the time.

Simply drop off the earth? I couldn't bring myself to. I love you guys, and I relish every moment I play this game, and many more games I love...

I'm going to get those pins made, too, ya'll. Everyone who wants one, send me your address-- Even if you dissappear, you'll get one in the mail.

Sic Semper,

- Orgg

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Hey, Theorgg. Remember when I was heading to college and I gave my farewell speech, saying that I wouldn't have time to post. I have more time than ever, once I think about it. BUT, I do have the internet access as well.

If you don't get internet access, hang out at the coffee shops occasionally. They should have a computer.

As for the lack of time playing the game you love: bummer. But, there is always a price for education. The only tournaments I can go to nowadays are the big tourneys, like Pre-Releases.

I can only hope the best for you. May the schwartz be with you.

And don't step on my koala pack.

Ransac, cpa trash man

P

Purple_jester

College does not having to abandon the game. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, as they say.

I myself am in post-graduate studies. Of the medical nature. I'm gone most of the time. I've only been staying on the boards during my vacations and rare moments of free time. But I'm still here. I'll stick around, and so should you.

I still play Magic. No more tournaments. I can't keep up with T2. Just pre-releases and multiplayer casual play. But I have fun anyway.

Keep at it, so long as it makes you happy. ;)

D

DÛke

You'll have time. Maybe not to play, but to check the CPA. It may be hard in the beginning, but you'll get used to it.

It all will be fine.

And I'm sure we all love you too, Orgg. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
After things settle down, you should be able to get on sometime, if you want. Most colleges should be wired by now (and if not, maybe you can get a laptop :) )

I'd say bring some cards to college, see if anyone there plays, and check out the local shops. But if you can make it here occasionally, that'd be fine too.

E

Elrond

You can always do what I do, which is bascially just show up here and play on the extended weekends/vacations.

As Spiderman said, most colleges should have internet access readily available.

C

Child of Gaea

I have yet to be at a college where there was not some sort of internet access that was readily available. Also, it seems very overwhelming to you at first, but within a month of getting your bearings you will find that you have quite a bit of freetime, and it seems freer (dont know if thats a word lol) when you are not under someones wing.

Magic flourishes in college with a very nice percentage of my ebay sales going to college students. I would be surprised if you cannot, with a little effort, find a group of people to play magic with well into your college career. Hell, I started playing Magic in college, and that was in Nebraska, so I dont worry for you my friend, I am excited for you. Good luck.

G

Gobo

I can always use your account for you while your gone ;) . Screw that twenty four hour college that sucks.:(