Flame Rift

H

Haggen

Need your ideas to use with red-we-wanna-die card Flame Rift.

D

Demon

How about a red/white deck, using walls for defense, and otherwise spells that affect all opponents so that you're not targeting anyone specifically (of course, that's really only important for multiplayer).

Stuff like Bend or Break, Fight or Flight, Armageddon, Wrath of God, Shivan Gorge, Simoon, Sizzle, Racks and Vise's and Iron Maidens maybe, Wave of Reckoning, Moonlit Wake to help you out, Helm of Awakening to try and keep some friendly attitudes in the game, Acidic Soil, Barbed Wire, Breath of Darigaaz, Bloodfire Colossus, Cave-In, Citadel of Pain, maybe a Wake of Destruction..... well you get the idea.

You might want to throw in some cheap life gain spells too, seeing as you'll be dishing out a lot of pain!

P

Purple_jester

Burn. Lots of burn. Or beatdown. The best deck to put Flame Rift into is one where you intend to inflict as much damage in the shortest amount of time.

For example:

Land (18)
18 Mountains

Creatures: (22)
4 Jackal Pup
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Goblin Patrol
2 Goblin War Buggy
4 Ball Lightning
4 Keldon Champion

Spells: (20)
4 Flame Rift
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Incinerate
4 Fireblast
4 Goblin Grenade

K

Killerbob

I use flame rift in a suicide-red-hound deck. Flamerift is amazing with blood hound. And blood hound goes well with lava hounds (gives you 4 damage when enters play, but is 4/4 for 4 mana, and has haste). Add some more suicide, and some burn, and you have the suicidal "Blood Hound Gang".
Forgot Jackal Pup. Fits the theme.

I

immortal grave walker

Back in the day mogg maniac was fun with earthquaks.also furnace of rath and repercussion was fun. double damage.

K

krichaiushii

Is this for a multiplayer (MP) deck or a duelling deck?

If MP, Demon's comments hit the mark - use lots of cards that affect everyone. If you want to just damage people, with no regard to your own life, run red/black. If you want to stave off the inevitable repercussions of playing global affects, go red/white.

Black helps with cards like Pox, Forsaken Wastes, Lich (theoretically), Urborg Stalker, Subversion, Syphon Soul, Lim-Dul's Hex, the many versions of Pestilence, and the like.

White provides life gain, including Soul Wardens and Congregate. White also provides lots of protection, the simplest example being COP: Red (though in an MP environment, I prefer Story Circle, for its versatility). Playing R/W allows the use of Soltari Guerrillas - one of the more entertaining MP cards.

Don't forget artifacts and lands. Shivan Gorge and Glacial Chasm both work wonders in a deck built to damage everyone, especially the Glacial Chasm. Copper Tablet, Ankh of Mishra, Armageddon Clock, and Razor Pendulum all zap players equally well.

Purple_Jester said:
"The best deck to put Flame Rift into is one where you intend to inflict as much damage in the shortest amount of time." I second this, as targetting everyone at once makes you the target of everyone, at once - which is a bad thing. Start damaging, and do it quickly - hiding behind walls and Glacial Chasm(s) as necessary.

Lastly, I'll echo immortal grave walker. Furnace of Rath. Other useful cards include Sizzle, Acidic Soil, Shard Phoenix, Steam Blast, and Subterranean Spirit.

Cheers