Domain

T

TylersOnFire

alright so i decided on remaking my domain deck but adding in some new stuff since i traded for some good crap last night...heres my new deck list tell me what ya think:

Big Killing Machines (10):

1 Stratadon
1 Lightning Angel (got it last night, so excited!!:D )
2 Magnigoth Treefolk (see below)
1 Cromat
1 Treva, the Renewer (last night :D )
1 Darigaaz, the Igniter (you guessed it )
2 Fungal Shambler
1 Penumbra Wurm

Other Creatures (1):

1 Samite Pilgrim (could come in handy)

Land Retreval (8):

4 Harrow
2 Rampant Growth
2 Far Wonderings

Other Spells (17):

4 Tribal Flames
2 Allied Stratagies
2 Legacy Weapon
3 Evasive Action
2 Gaea's Might
1 Eldamri's Call
1 Humble
1 Artifact Mutation
1 Wax/Wane

Lands (22):

9 Forest
3 Island
3 Mountain
3 Swamp
3 Plains
1 City of Brass

well there it is folks...its not perfect but i played a couple games with it and its really fun and pretty good from what ive seen. a couple things though, the treefolk are too defensive and the decks idea is to get a bunch of lands out and then 4th turn or so lay some huge creatures while dealing with whatever else comes out. yeah so what i want to do is replace those with two of the other dragon legends and then replace the stratadon with the last. so by the way if anyone has a rith, dromar, or crosis up for trade let me know...ill post my havs soon but if you know what you want that'd be great too. also im not sure about the wax and wane, cause i dont really need the pump up...maybe just put in a disenchant. any ideas though please...thanks!:cool:

P

Purple_jester

You decided to go big. Really big. If you take this route, your deck would normally revolve around 2 themes:

1. Getting huge creatures out really, really fast. (ex. Oath or Graveyard decks)

2. Heavy control or mana denial.

I suggest the mana denial route. Add 3 to 4 Global Ruins. Cast them after you've got a single biggie in play. It's a soft lock, but it works fine in casual play. ;)

T

TylersOnFire

sorry the spoiler doesnt have goblin ruins...what is it?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Global Ruin

Color= White
Type= Sorcery
Cost= 4W
IN(R)
Text (IN): Each player chooses from the lands he or she controls a land of each basic land type, then sacrifices the rest.

You sacrifice all lands other than the chosen ones. Since you can only choose basic lands, your non-basic lands are all going to be sacrificed (unless you have non-basic lands that also count as a basic land type, in which case you could choose them). [D'Angelo 2001/01/16]
If a land counts as multiple basic land types (for example, Taiga is both a Forest and a Mountain), you can choose it for either or for both of those land types. [Jordan 2001/02/12]

R

rkoelsch

since going the big creature route I think Draco is a natural.

T

TylersOnFire

alright modifyin it here:

Killing Dudes (11)
3 Draco*
1 Lightning Angel
1 Cromat
2 Darigaaz, the Igniter*
2 Treva, the Renewer*
2 Crosis, the...whatever*

Land Searching Stuff (8)
4 Harrow
4 Rampant Growth

Other Spells (19)
4 Tribal Flames
2 Allied Stratagies
3 Legacy Weapon*
3 Evasive Action
3 Gaea's Might*
1 Eldamri's Call
1 Artifact Mutation
2 Wax/Wane*

Lands and the like (22)
9 Forest
3 Island
3 Mountain
3 Swamp
3 Plains
1 City of Brass

*changes

yeah so thats the new draft. basically adding in some new and better creatures. the dragons are just really easy to get out and then draco is well...draco. added in a legacy weapon because they're really really helpful against...anything. added in one more gaea's might and another wax and wane. had a little trouble with enchantments. dont really know though should i use something else because i have wax and wanes and then artifact mutations and the weapons...should i just use disenchant or what??? thats about it tell me what ya think...

T

Treesinger

I started to build my domain deck just a few weeks ago. At the moment it looks like this:

Lands (24):
12x Forest
6x Island
2x Swamp
2x Mountain
2x Plains

Search and Carddrawing (16):
4x Rampant Growth
4x Harrow
4x Impulse (testing this instead of Worldly Counsel)
4x Allied Strategies

Controll and Utility (13):
4x Collective Restraint
2x Propaganda
4x Evasive Action
2x Legacy Weapon
1x Overgrown Estate

Creatures (6):
1x Spirit Monger
1x Darigaaz
1x Crosis
1x Dromar
2x Ordered Migration
1x Free Slot (used to be Cromat)

Collective Restraint and Propaganda really help against creature heavy deck. It’s so mean, I’m thinking about removing the two Propagandas.

Are you sure ten sources of green are enough ? I run twelve and still have problems with getting enough green mana for a second turn Rampant Growth. Maybe I should add two Chromatic Spheres.

I think you should consider adding more Islands, so you can run Collective Restraint and/or Propaganda plus Worldly Counsel (Impulse might be even better, I’m just testing it.). Worldly Counsel really helps you getting the cards you need. If you add Worldly Counsel you can remove a Legacy Weapon.

If you have trouble with enchantments adding something like Dismantling Blow or Disenchant might be useful.

J

James, Wizard Naive

I have been playing a MP Domain deck since Invasion. TylersOnFire: I can say that as Purple_Jester suggested, Global Ruin is awsome. rkoelsch suggested Draco and I couldn't agree more, but also don't forget Sliver Queen: 7/7 for five mana; I also found Cromat to be weak in comparison and Tek pretty good. Yet Collective Restraint is the most important card missing in your deck. Global Ruin plus Collective Restraint = huge advantage in MP. And, if you are going to blow up some of your lands (not as many as your opponent though) consider cards to sacrifice your lands to beforehand. I found Overgrown Estate to be valuable. Pernicious Deed could look good in this deck as well. Finally, I consider a Domain deck, by definition, to be the most potentially flexible deck. Consider variations (and the possibilities are huge) that allow you to tap into the strengths of all the colors. I will post my decklist if requested.