OBC-Braids, Psycho Chick

R

Rinsewind

This is a conversion of a standard G/B Braids lock deck to the OBC format. Please offer suggestions for improving maindeck or sideboard.

2 Druid Lyrist
2 Krosan Restorer
4 Diligent Farmhand
4 Werebear
4 Muscle Burst
4 Squirrel's Nest
3 Overrun
1 Nostalgic Dreams
1 Malevolent Awakening
4 Chainer's Edict
4 Braids, Cabal Minion
3 Faceless Butcher
1 Sengir Vampire (Laquatas?)
1 Centaur Garden
4 Tainted Wood
9 Swamp
9 Forest

Sideboard:
1 Insist
2 Druid Lyrist
2 Nantuko Blightcutter
2 Spellbane Centaur
1 Possessed Centaur
1 Sadistic Hyptnotist
2 Innocent Blood
2 Ghastly Demise
1 Decompose
1 Haunting Echoes

G

Griffith_se

I could be totally wrong, but here's my opinion.

-1 Nostalgic Dreams -1 Malevolent Awakening -2 Krosan Restorer +4 Bearscape

-1 Braids, Cabal Minion -3 Faceless Butcher +4 Chatter of the Squirrel

-1 Centaur Garden -1 Sengir Vampire +2 Cabal Pit

-1 Overrun +1 Parallel Evolution, Could be fun, if not just leave
the Overrun in :)

You might even want to drop the Lyrist's to the sideboard, and
maindeck the Spellbane's or maybe Still Life's would be good
<Shrug's Shoulders>.

Maybe Sylvan Might would be better than Muscle Burst in this deck
since it has anti-synergy with Bearscape.
Don't know about Werebear it doesn't have synergy with
Bearscape either, maybe Nantuko Elder? <Shrug>

There are some pretty good deck builder's here that will probably
be able to give you better advice than I can.

3 Braids, Cabal Minion
4 Diligent Farmhand
4 Werebear / Nantuko Elder?

2 Still Life
4 Chatter of the Squirrel
4 Squirrel's Nest
4 Bearscape

1 Parallel Evolution
2 Overrun
4 Sylvan Might
4 Chainer's Edict

2 Cabal Pit
4 Tainted Wood
12 Swamp
6 Forest

R

Rinsewind

The purpose of the Malevolent Awakening is to sacrifice a squirrel token to return a critical creature to your hand. That is why there are 2 lyrists mainboard. The 2 lyrists can serve as unlimited enchantment removal under the right conditions. The same goes for any other utility creature you use. Your opponent counters a Braids? Just return it and recast it next turn! They have enchantments? Recycle a lyrist. They have a fattie? Recycle a Faceless Butcher. They have a flier? Recycle Sengir Vampire. Your opponent should be hesitant to attack with a 4/4 to 7/7+ creature if you have a Sengir on the board unless they have counter or bounce backup (due to the threat of a Muscle burst).

The Diligent farmhands help smooth out your mana so you get the second swamp to cast the double black spells. They also have good synergy with the Muscle Bursts. that is why I am hesitant to use Bearscape. Most of the creatures or spells have secondary value in graveyard or can be recyled with the two recycling spells.

I like the Krosan Restorers due to the possibility of using a Squirrel's Nest twice per turn. It can get pretty silly if you have threshold and three nest in play :p (As unlikely as that may seem)

I am not familiar with Parallell Evolution. If it has synergy, I might try it out. As for the Still Life, I like the fact that it is immune to Chainer's Edict. However, Chainer's is already a minimal threat once you have a Nest in play since you will simply sac a token instead of a more critical creature. However, I can see potential advantages Vs. Kitar's Wrath. Maybe a sideboard card?

Keep the suggestions coming!

G

Griffith_se

Parallel Evolution 3GG
For each creature token in play its controller puts a creature token into play that's a copy of that creature.
Flashback 4GGG

It really wouldn't fit your deck, it doesn't generate as many tokens
as the list I suggested.

Life/Death would be a good choice for your deck, "Life" good
synergy with Overrun, "Death" fits graveyerd recursion theme as well.

L

Lotus Mox

Life/Death != OBC

I have not much to say about this deck, as I have yet to play Braids, so I don't have a clue know how a deck with her works.

IMHO you need a way to combat fast swarming decks, they will swarm you before you can put up a decent defense.

You should drop the Muscle Bursts, they seem a bit out of place in your deck, and 9 Swamps aren't enough for Tainted Wood (you need at least 12 from my expierience). I also think Krosan Restorer might be a bit weak, despite its synergy with the Nest.

some card suggestions:

Rotting Giant
Cabal Patriarch
Chatter of the Squirrel
Mesmeric Fiend

N

Namretaks

I like your deck... I also posted a Braids deck. I went mono black sligh. With Lord of the undead, Braids and a maggot carrier you get your lock by sacking the maggot carrier every turn, retrieving with the lord and then casting him. This works like a forsaken waste or copper tablet because the maggot carrier does a point of damage every turn it is cast. Since you want to go G/B you should take a look at the card Decaying soil. If you cast it once you hit Threshold you can use it to bounce your sacked creatures back to your hand for only one colorless mana. There's my two cents. -Namretaks:)

Oh yeah... you need to be able to draw a lot of cards. You don't want to be sacking Braids so you'll need to cast a permanent or play a land almost every turn. I use Pherexian Arena because I can allways sack it to Braids if it starts to hurt too much. Another thing is mesmeric fiend. MESMERIC FIEND! Better than Duress and it has legs. Late!