Psychatog: If you can't beat em, join em

• Thread starter Urza(Yes I Like Men)
  • Start date
U

Urza(Yes I Like Men)

Ok, I'm sure almost all of us have heard about how well the Psychatog decks have been doing. Winning the masters and pretty much taking on everything that dare to stand in its way. So how can you beat it? I've tried some stuff but none of it has worked yet. The closest I've come is with a deck that involves a lot of mongeese and needs a pretty good draw. So what else can you do? Build a Psychatog deck of your own. Now everybody is going to tell you how the deck should and shouldn't be played. N. Familiar or not? Shadowmage Infiltrator or not? And it basically comes down to what you decide. I made this deck in a hope that it'd do better against the other Psychatog decks. So please tell me what you think and if you feel like it, make it yourself and try it out. So here's my deck list:

Land (18... there are reasons for this)
4 Salt Marsh
4 Underground River
2 Darkwater Catacombs
3 Cephalid Coliseum
5 Island

Creatures (4)
4 Psychatog

Other (38)
4 Peek
4 Duress
4 Opt
4 Force Spike
4 Memory Lapse
4 Counterspell
4 Recoil
4 Repulse
2 Undermine
4 Fact or Fiction

As you can see the land is especially low. But when you look at the cards being played it's not that bad. I play 4 one mana spells which all together total to be more then a fourth of the deck. Peek and opt are such great card drawing that I very rarely get mana screwed as I only need one land to cast the opts and peeks. Duress is too good not to play in this deck and force spike just helps you keep the control from turn one. Repulse and Recoil are great card advantage and the rest of the countermagic just helps you play more control. Like all Psychatog decks this one revolves around card advantage and I think that by playing a little less land and a little more card drawing then the card advantage is definitely in my favor. Let me know what you think...

G

Griffith_se

Lots O' instants, maybe Cognivore would be worth a try?

R

rkoelsch

Do you have another win condition in your sideboard? What do you do if someone forces a successful Lobotomy through and catches Psychatog?

U

Urza(Yes I Like Men)

umm... no i don't have another win condition, what do u suggest? cognivore? I kinda liked that suggestion, it'd be pretty fun. But if u can think of anything else let me know, maybe upheaval, zombie infestation transformation sideboard... just an idea.