Overmaster?

• Thread starter FoundationOfRancor
  • Start date
F

FoundationOfRancor

How much would a mint Overmaster go for?

Im willing to trade it for a Darth Vader mask, of any type. However, the buyer must send first, because I need a darth vader mask incredibly quick.

PM me or email me at gunslingercs@hotmail.com if your interested.

[Oh, if no one has a Mask, I'll trade cards! - FoR]

D

Darkstar

Forgive me, I am an idiot. What is an overmaster. Some type of starwars apparatus?

That, and how does madness work?

TY

Z

Zadok001

Overmaster
R
Instant
The next instant or sorcery you play this turn cannot be countered by spells or abilities.
Draw a card.

D

Darkstar

Oh ok. I have a card like that, its green and called insist though. Is it worth anything?

P

Pyro Monkey

i think there's one for every color, and they probably won't go for much at all. i don't think their too playable.

H

Hetemti

My local card shop wants 6 or 8 for it...basicly, it's a minichant for red, and the fact that it's a onemana cantrip means it lets you dig in your deck a bit, and even if it's alone in your hand, you might draw a good spell with it, and it'll have the counterpotection.

It's sideboard fodder, and MIGHT be used like Bauble was...but that's a big "might."

M

Mr_Pestilence

I disagree!

Not only is Overmaster worthy of being main-decked in the current environment, I think it might be the best card in the set!

True, Overmaster itself might be countered, but at least it will take 2 counters to stop whatever spell you had in mind.

BTW, if you don't like Overmaster, what do you consider the best card in the set?

Here are my other candidates:

Ghurzigost
Mutilate
Dawn of the Dead
All if the "dream" cards are very good, as well as all of the "possessed" cards.

H

Hetemti

Okay, show us a current decklist that becomes überdemigodlike in the very presence of Overmaster.

R

rkoelsch

I think with the red dreams and overmaster a wildfire deck could make a comeback. Right now decks are mana intensive a Wildfire deck could attack that easily. But that is just a scrubs opinion.

P

Pyro Monkey

i'd personally say that the best card in the set is ambassador laquatus, but thats just kuz i like the guy, others include grim lavamancer, Dawn of the Dead, and Devastating Dream(s?)

I

Istanbul

Best creature: Laquatus' Champion
Best instant: Circular Logic
Best sorcery: Mutilate
Best enchantment: Dawn of the Dead
Best land: All of them!

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Creature: The champion duh
Instant: Flaming Gambit
Sorcery: Mutilate
Enchantment: Compulsion...duh
Land: tainted field/wood. opposed colors with no pain/come into play tapped...they rule!

I

Istanbul

The lands are all good.
The instant, I disagree with you greatly on.
The enchantment, I'll relent. Compulsion is better.

L

Loafing Giant

.... since no one answered your question about how madness works, Darkstar, I'll explain

G

Basking Rootwalla

creature-lizard
1g: B.R. gins +2/+2 until end of turn. use this ability only once per turn.

madness: 0

1/1

with madness you can discard a madness card and then play it right-away.

for example: I have a wild mongrel in play and have this card in my hand(Basking Rootwalla).
I can ditch the B.R. to the mongrels ability, he gets +1/+1 and a color change and I have just played a free blocker for next turn.

also this ability is great when your opponent doesn't expect you to be popping out creatures on his turn, while you are playing defense at the same time

I hope that helped!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I must disagree. You say all the lands are good. Have you all forgotten about the incredibly useless Cabal Coffers(which only really works late game if you have a lot of swamps).

Ransac, cpa trash man

I

Istanbul

I maintain that all of the lands are good.
Cabal Coffers is simply the least good of the good lands.
Remember, any land that can tap for large amounts of mana is susceptible to being broken.