Torment Prerelease card

A

arhar

... can be found here:

http://www.flaminio.com/magic/rarities.html

And since Russian is my first language, I must note: What a terrible translation! :D The text on the card says "Laaquatus's Warrior", not Champion.... And as a creature type it has "terrible horror", which is a tautology, kinda like "dead corpse" :) And it says "restore" instead of "regenerate" I wonder if other prerelease cards are translated just as badly?

Err, I guess the point of the previous paragraph was to boast "Look at me, I'm so cool that I can read a prerelease card, and you can't!" Umm... I think I'm gonna shut up now.

H

Hetemti

No, the point was to show that WizCo sucks and doesn't get the job done. A very good thing to do.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You make me laugh, Hetemti...

Now do we blame the translator or the company? As shown by the Enron "scandal", a person's actions does not necessarily reflect on the company as a whole.

T

terzarima

Apparently the ability is worded wrong too...

I won't go into details... only there is a target where there should be a that.

L

Lotus Mox

flava text: "Chainer's dark gift for a darker soul"

Yes, I can read Russian, but I only understand every 6th word or so :eek:.

And yes the ability is worded wrong, but that happens all the time with translations.
(I usually buy German cards, and Rath's Edge apparently produces 2 coloress mana, Chimeric Idol is a Golem after activating, and Scorching Lava deals only 1 dmg, etc.etc.)

S

superguy

Well, I haven't posted here in sooo long, but I've been lurking. Lurking I tells ya! Well anyway, I'll try to post a lot more now. As russian is my first language and I still speak it quite a lot... here's how the entire card would be pronounced in english:

Voin Laquatusa

Sushestvo - Koshmarniy uzhas

Kogda Voin Laquatusa vhodit v igru, czelevoi igrok teryaet 6 zhizney.

Kogda Voin Laquatusa pokidaet igru, czelevoi igrok polychaet 6 zhizney.

B: Vosstanovit Voina Laquatusa.

Temniy dar Cheinera esche bolee temnoy dushe.

Well now you see that people aren't kidding when they say that Russian is one of the hardest languages to learn ;)

M

Major Crime

How about emailing Wizards, with the english translation and a correct Russian version.

I know sometimes the words are just not there, but I think that number of errors, is to much.

A

arhar

Yeah, LotusMox got a flavor text right :)

as for e-mailing Wzards, I don't think it has any purpose, since the card has been printed for a long time already.

T

theorgg

could you transcribe the entire thing so we can point and laugh?

(Just fo' gits and shiggles, of course!)