• PS2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Game Cube

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not really familiar with them; there's a whole other thread debating the merits of each so perhaps those participants will chime in, but what are you looking for in a console? A particular genre of games? The best graphics or sound regardless of games? The most titles available to the console?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
All around, for the time being, PS2 is probably the better buy, seeing as how it has so many games out right now. In a few years time, XBox will be better, in my opinion, because I all the games I like are coming out on it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

G

Griffith_se

Hmm, I'm surprised no one voted for XboX.

Another question, does PS2 play DVD movies?

R

rkoelsch

yes my son-in law has a ps2 and you can watch dvds on it.

U

Ura

is that it all depends on what you want in a system. Are there certain genres you prefer, do you want the best technical system available, do you want games that are more cartoony or more realistic, how much do you want to spend on a system. Many many questions.
I did a big review on all the systems a while back that seemed to piss off a bunch of people cause I was so critical of the gamecube, but you can check it out if you want.
http://128.241.205.213/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8481
If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them since myself and my roommate have all the new systems.

U

Ura

"XBOX - Troubleshooting Guide"

Written by just another proudly grasping gamecube owner, the mental quality shows.
It would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that all the diehards all cry the same thing about the box and PS2 and then mostly deny blatant fact regardless of where it comes from, even Nintendo's head office. :rolleyes:
Its been going since the N64 and will continue to do so untill Nintendo goes under. Fanboys/girls, the scary by-product of the gaming and anime world.

A

Apollo

I'm not an Xbox fan, but that article wasn't funny... sorry, Ally:)

I

Istanbul

Every REAL gamer I talk to says one of two things:

"I got the X-Box because it's not better now, but it will be in about half a year."
"I got the PS2 because of all the cool games out for it right now."

And then there are lemm...er, people who just see Mario and Link and fork over two hundred bucks, no matter how poor the associated games may be. (And regardless of the fact that Mario isn't even anywhere to be seen.)

Games I can recommend on the PS2:
Bunches. GTA3, GT3, Final Fantasy X, four or five more I can't remember right now.
Games I can recommend on the X-Box:
Halo, Project Gotham Racing, Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey, Mad Dash, DOA3, a couple more I can't think of.
Games I can recommend on the Gamecube:
Pikmin, Super Smash Brothers 2, ummm...

Oh. And GameCube won't play DVDs.
And the discs are midgets. And we all know how evil midgets really are...

A

Almindhra

Oh Ura, it was just a joke...Get over yourself and your "I'm always right" attitude...It really pisses me off...Of course it was written by a Nintendo fan!...Why not?...Whats so bad about that...It is a JOKE after all...I wasn't making a comment about the XBOX, I was just posting an article that I thought was funny...You think that I believe that the XBOX has a painted on button? or that instead of a console they put a jigsaw puzzle in there? or that to use cord 276 you split the cord and remove the aqua coloured wire, get a pigs head and drip the blood from it's mouth on to the multi-coloured 8-bit sampling data wire cursive length milimetre and then unsplit the negative and replace with the positive of the eighth negative multiplied by the diameter of the circumference...Come on...

U

Ura

Almindhra:
Oh Ura, it was just a joke...Get over yourself and your "I'm always right" attitude...It really pisses me off...
Coming from you lately that's really funny.

No, I don't think you actually believe all that stuff, contrary to what you might think about me I don't consider you an idiot. But I get really tired of people going off making all these "jokes" about a game system of company when theres no basis for it. You want to insult Microsoft operating systems, go ahead, the entire world knows they're junk even though they are getting better. You want to insult the X-Box and its a whole different ball game because there is nothing wrong with the system. The PS2 and X-Box are constantly getting this kind of flak, even though its only a "joke" and on all the various gaming boards and sites I cruise around its always the Gamecube/Nintendo fans making them. A few friendly jabs here and there are great fun, but after a while its just screaming of an adolecent inferiority complex because it never stops and theres no reason for it. I very rarely hear large groups of PS2 and X-Box fans badgering the Cube the way cube fans so venomously go after its competitors. I even said that it would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that I see that kind of thing from all the diehards. :rolleyes:

Isty:
Add Max Payne to you X-Box list. Even though its only a port over from PC it was really well brought over and a load of fun to play on a tv. Massive Matrix attack. :)
And MGS 2 to the PS2 list, another game that delivered to its hype.

D

Darsh

Hmm, looks like the topic has been overrun with system bashing...anyway imo if I had to have only one system I'd definitly get the PS2, It has the dvd capability and a load of quality 3rd party games to back the system up, and if the PSOne showed us anything is that we will keep getting good games for the PS2.

Oh, and Max Payne is also on the PS2, it's not an X-Box exclusive.

C

Chaos Turtle

Max Payne for the PS2 is awful; I've watched my housemate playing it. I hear that the X-Box version is much better though.