New game: RPG or Tribond again?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Now that Tribond has finished, I'm thinking of switching over to perhaps doing a D&D game since Rando still isn't on regularly. However, unlike him, I'd go by the actual game (none of the free decision stuff about your character :) ). And, since I don't have the 3rd ed. DM book, I'd go by REALLY old school Basic/Expert/Companion D&D from the early '80's. So would anyone actually be interested in a more traditional D&D game or should I do Tribond again?

G

Ghost_of_Rando

How would you handle the dice rolling?

There are little programs you can get to roll D&D dice on your desk-top. People use them to play D&D while on IRC and what-not.

Have fun. Sorry I'm a loser.

D

Daggertooth

Well I'd be interested, but I've never played D&D before. All the odd dice throws just got too confusing. :confused:

Daggertooth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're not a loser, Rando, just someone unfortunate to run afoul of the IT people :)

I was just going to bring some dice to work on roll them "in real life" :)

This would be very similiar to what Rando has done except you actually have stuff defined for your character, like HP and whatnot. And you start at level 1 so you're limited to what you can do.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I could do both, I just didn't know if people were sick of me dominating the games here (with Take 6 currently going on, that'd be three games).

It looks like it'd be Tribond anyway, since only 3 people have expressed interest in a traditional D&D adventure (people must like making stuff up or being remotely powerful or something).

R

rkoelsch

i could do a d & d game. I don't have any of the books though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need the books to play. This is very similiar to Rando's except I'm going to have more concrete details about the characters and monsters (like HP, leveling up, and "pre-defined" abilities like spells). I'll do all the dice rolling and whatnot; you guys would continue to do what you normally do and tell me what your characters do in response to the situations and such. If you need actual info about character abilities like spell info, I think I can write it up in a summary.

As for creating characters, I could either give a list of pre-rolled one to make it faster or you guys can customize or roll your own and give them to me ("customize" like having a set amount of points and distributing them among the stats).

Since we have four, I think we might be able to start - tell me how you want to create the characters.