Squirrel Prision varient

G

Griffith_se

OK,
I should probably call this thing "Cobra Prision". when I played a few solitare Games I ended up with alot more Cobra tokens than Squirrel's.

Ashnod's Alter + Snake Basket= Double Tokens.
Need to Gain life? Token + Claws of Gix.
A bunch of tokens + Fallen Angel = Game. Maybe?
Of course Opposition + Tokens = Lock down

Can you see what I'm Trying to do?

I need help mostly with the Lands, but if you see something that can be done to make this deck crazy good, please reply. All suggestions welcome.

1 Fallen Angel

4 LLanowar Elves
4 Deranged Hermit
4 Yavimaya Granger
4 Priest of Titania
4 Skyshroud Poacher

4 Claws of Gix
4 Ashnods alter
4 Snake Basket

4 Opposition
4 Memory lapse

By the way this is for casual play so cards don't have to be T2. I just limit myself to T2 because,... "all those cards to choose from"? I'd loose my mind.:eek:

Thanks for Your help in advance

[me][/me]

[Edited by Griffith_se on May 5th, 2000 at 09:49 AM]

G

galtwish

I've found this to be a pretty good start for Squirrel Prision, post regionals.
4 Opposition
4 Rising waters
2 Elvish Lyrist
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Priest of Titania
4 Yavimaya Granger
4 Skyshroud Poacher
4 Deranged Hermet
3 Masticore
4 Daze or Memory Lapse
10 islands
13 Forests

You could always add Helix or Morphling or more counters instead of the Rising Waters, but the Waters are awesom with Opposition: You get a hard lock rather than a soft lock.

Erik

G

Griffith_se

Hi,

I had to leave this deck half finished yesterday, so I edited the original post this morning. Check it out, and see what you think.

G

galtwish

I'd drop the Claws of Gix for Elvish Lookout (or whatever the Destiny 1/1 untargettable Elf is)

Erik

G

Griffith_se

Hello,

I know I'm probably not going to get many responses here, becuase of the deck contest and all.

Black 1
1 Fallen Angel

Green 23
4 LLanowar Elves
4 Deranged Hermit
3 Yavimaya Granger
4 Skyshroud Poacher
4 Priest of Titania
2 Yavimaya Elder
2 Pattern of rebirth

Artifact 8
4 Ashnods alter
4 Snake Basket

Blue 8
4 Opposition
4 Counterspell

Land 20
11 Forest
7 Island
2 Swamp

What do you think about the snake baskets, and alters?
What about the lands, do they look OK?

I played a casual game on apprentice, and pretty quickly generated, 8 Squirrels and 12 Cobras. I know... One Earthquake or alike would ruin this deck, so what can I do?

As long as I have Snake Basket/alter I can sac the tokens for more tokens, but is that good enough?

Other cards that might be good,
Smoke stack?
Caller of the Hunt?
Can you think of anything?

Thanks
[me][/me]

[Edited by Griffith_se on May 9th, 2000 at 07:43 AM]

G

galtwish

Keep the Snake Baskets as back-up for the Squirrels. You can sac all your creatures in case of disaster, but you'll need another mana sink then. I'd consider using Rocket Launcher, as it gives you another path to victory as well as some removal.

Erik

C

Captain Caveman

I love the latest version of your deck. It inspired me
to build the Negotiations deck.

Caveman

G

Griffith_se

Hey, CC

Kyren Negotiations Hmm.... Damn, I wish I would have thought of that, I love it.

[me][/me]

G

Griffith_se

I though I needed another path to victory, so put in Strokes. Eh, can't think of anything else.

BTW, Gizmo, You havn't been giving advice lately. Is the Doctor out? Playing alot of golf perhaps? :D

cobra.alt v.1.3

Black
1 Fallen Angel

Green 21
4 LLanowar Elves
4 Deranged Hermit
3 Yavimaya Granger
3 Skyshroud Poacher
4 Priest of Titania
1 Yavimaya Elder
2 Pattern of rebirth

Artifact 8
4 Ashnods alter
4 Snake Basket

Blue 8
3 Opposition
3 Counterspell
2 Stroke of Genius

Land 22
11 Forest
9 Island
2 Swamp

[Edited by Griffith_se on May 11th, 2000 at 01:16 PM]

W

Waldtyr

A friend of mine came up with a combo also including Ashnod's altar and snake basket. Each 4 times in a red destruction deck (fireball, roll of thunder etc.) if you see what i'm going to: create enough mana to properly destroy your opponent.... bla-di-bla. I'm still working on a proper deck with this combo.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
With all of the Sliver-Poisonous decks out there, it may be an interesting concept to revisit.

Ransac, cpa trashman

W

Waldtyr

Spiderman said:
Welcome Waldtyr! Man, you picked an old thread to bring up :)

Yeah, I was searching for some information on aplying Ashnod's Altar when I came by this forum thread (oinking Google aye :rolleyes: ). When reading it I reminded that deck strategy me and my pal came up with, wich also was a pretty while ago ironicly :cool: