You Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FoundationOfRancor

Lol, somehow I knew that's what your exact response would be Duke. You pretened to be all noble, philsophical, but your a child.

I was trying to subtly point out that all this arguing is pointless and just let him post whatever the hell he wants. I hope at least someone tied those two together from my post.

D

DÛke

...I am a child!

Do me a big favour, and download Enigma's "The Child in Us." It's a good song, but not fully in English. :) That is my deepest inspiration for defending Riva. Seriously. All the time I posted in this thread, I was backened by the love and devotion that "The Child in Us" gave into me. Now, you can truely feel how I felt as I typed each message....so relaxed...

DOWNLOAD IT! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by FoundationOfRancor

I was trying to subtly point out that all this arguing is pointless and just let him post whatever the hell he wants. I hope at least someone tied those two together from my post.
Actually, the arguing wasn't pointless. Someone could have provided new evidence (to me at least) where I would have supported his banishment, someone on the banning side might have switched sides, etc.

D

DÛke

Echo Spiderman. Though now, if he's banned, I think it's more fair than before...and in fact if he is banned now, I wouldn't care...much...;)

And...isn't it funny how some members think that *I* think I'm "philosophical" or "noble"? I'm not. I just act philosophical in philosophical discussions, and be noble where I need to be. Other than that, I live freely…being philosophical gets boring – why make it a personality trait? Being noble, as you observe in this thread, is a tough job…who needs such constant pain? Not me…

:D

F

FoundationOfRancor

Spiderman - and that person could have PM'ed you, with the info. All these points are just speculation about a post everyone could have just ignored/deleted in the first place.

Duke - You try to be philisophical all the time. I cant believe you would say thatr you arent.

...I must be taking crazy pills.

D

DÛke

...I may seem like I'm "trying," but that's just the way I talk. I don't really mean it unless the situation is actually philisophical in its origin. This thread wasn't of such...

Besides, who made the rule that being philisophical can't mean being childish or even being interesting and a fun person? :) That's the problem with some philisophers, they tend to lean toward philiosphy a lot, forgetting that they're leading a human life that strives for actual joy and happiness.

Me -- I'm an adult child...

:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Why would they PM me when other people feel the same way? I wasn't the only one saying he shouldn't be banned... and on the flip side, I wouldn't be PMing the hordes of people wanting to ban them to try to change their minds, I'd post it here where they could all read it.

F

FoundationOfRancor

The only reason Riva should have been possibly banned is if he screwed another guy in trading. If THAT happened, then the screwed guy would PM you with the given info!

What are you talking about Spiderman? You'd ban him because alot of people didnt like him?

And duke, your doing it right now. Half the things you say arent even relevant.

"Someone could have provided new evidence (to me at least) where I would have supported his banishment..."
-Spiderman

D

DÛke

Then stop wasting your time with irrelevances, and start doing something better than replying to these posts, and this thread. Easy enough to comprehend...
FoR:

What are you talking about Spiderman? You'd ban him because alot of people didnt like him?
That is irrelevant. And what's amusing is you quote Spiderman again:
FoR quoting Spiderman:

Someone could have provided new evidence (to me at least) where I would have supported his banishment..."
-Spiderman
It seems that you asked a question, and answered it yourself...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think you're confused, FoR. Let's recap.

Riva posts after a two month (or so) absence.

First 5 or so replies are "eh?"

Ura asks where his cards are (from before the absence) and appends a not-very-nice adjective.

Isty (I think) chimes in.

People start questioning how Riva could have been in Afghanistan and his "kill count".

Riva tries to explain that his brother logged on instead of him.

People are fed up with these alleged lies and want to ban him due to that and his "ripping".

I argue that he shouldn't be banned because of lying or because of his "Afghan tour", and that we (the CPA) were too late in banning him in regards to his ripping; we should have done it when it happened.

People start taking sides, with basically DUke and I for not banning him and everyone else for. (If I left out anyone on the non-banning side, I apologize; this is a a quick recap).

You say this whole discussion is pointless and to just let him post (seeminglu falling on the non-banning side, at least immediately).

To which I replied no, this isn't pointless because someone could have provided new evidence of trades or other banishment worthy material.

And no, it's not good in a PM because I don't have sole say over his banning. And perhaps other silent people who haven't publicly posted their view don't want his banishment, yet if someone publicly posts that they were ripped off, they also would change their mind and perhaps weigh in voting for banishment.

That's the way I interpreted this whole mess.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The whole idea in not banning him when it was apparent he ripped 2 people off was to give them a chance to get the cards out of him, and to give him a last chance to make good on his trades. When he took off to "Afghanistan" and went incommunicado it didn't matter whether he was banned or not, since he wasn't around anyways nobody cared one way or the other.

Now he's back (well, he was...;)), and our members who got ripped off are angry. Can you blame them? I mean, outside of the threat of banning, is there anything we can really do on their behalf to try to compel Thomas to honor his trades? I know Zadok has a thought, and hopefully his idea will help, but if it doesn't do we really have another avenue to approach the problem?

I just don't see it...

It's sort of a moot point anyways, since he seems to have disappeared again, presumably to slay more imaginary Afghanis...:rolleyes:

I

Istanbul

NO, TomB. Let's not fall into complacency again now that he's taken another hiatus. Let's not look back at December come March and wonder why we didn't ban him again.

I say we get it over with and do it now. Today, if possible. Get this mess behind us and ensure that Thomas' access is no longer an issue.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Spiderman:
The way I understood it, everyone Riva had screwed in trading had allready come forth and told an admin about it. If that is not the case, and if these people have just come forward, then I was indeed wrong about this thread being pointless. However, if my original assement was true, and all this is old evidence, then this thread is indeed worthless.

Duke:
The two quotes support each other. I was appalled that Spiderman might ban him because alot of people didnt like him, then I reminded him that such decisions as these should be made on facts. Oh, and both of them are relevant (It's funny that you try to verse me in relevancy) because I was unsure what Spiderman ment about his previous post.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

ya know what guys? dont know. and ya know what? dont really give a crap anymore. cuz ya know what? dont know

and zadok, ur letterwas pretty dopey. lol. my mom was like "Thomas, i just got a letter from this zadok dood, and you need to get this settled." so bye

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, that sure settled everything, now didn't it. :(

Most of you guys get your wish. It looks like he'll never come back. However, upon leaving, he thinks we're all jerks. What if he was telling the truth, huh?

Then again, what if he wasn't? I still don't know what side was right, but I hope that this won't haunt anybody(it probably won't, though. In about a week, everybody, including me, will probably forget about all of this).

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DÛke

...just smell Riva's intellect? Can you see it oozing? Very intellectual.

FoR, forget it. These days, it seems that I'm ending up elaborating for no reason whatsoever. Just forget it. The discussion is over anyway. Zadok, or someone, should be looking for Riva’s banning.

The End.

I

Istanbul

No need. I finally stood up in the Founder's Forum and put out the call for his banning, and it actually got done.

Riva won't be back.

T

theorgg

Good riddence to "stoopid" rubbish.

Anyone know if he even lived near any of the places he "had a hand" in?

I

Istanbul

Well, I've gone ahead and closed this thread, so that Thomas/Riva can receive the treatment he deserves: fading into obscurity.

If an admin sees the need to re-open it, fine, but otherwise...goodbye, Riva.

Status
Not open for further replies.