1 pendelhaven

BASIC Lands (39)
9 plains
10 Islands
7 Swamps
4 mountains
9 Forest

90 lands

I have had the chance to play a few games which I won handily. My opponent's deck however was really not very good.
In All games I managed to get a big threat on the table quickly(like a djinn, efreet or other big pounders).
I had no mana problems and once got the library / glacier engine going, which was great.

Rayne has been a tremendous help on the board, since all my threats come from creatures. I should go to 3.

I need more games to do some more fine tuning, but am happy so far.

C

CHA1N5

or...

Love that mad 5 action!

Mundungu,

Thanks for posting a revised deck and a bit of gameplay experience. Beginning 5'ers could stand some more detail, if they're looking for ideas, but I appreciate that you're just starting. Keep playin' 5 and keep tellin' us aboot it!

Some notes on your deck/comments:

<<I had no mana problems >>

Glad to hear it. This is a major issue for many new deckbuilders. You have a healthy amount of dual lands, which helps, but you also have a healthy amount of land search (Tithe/Grant/Thaw) for specific colors, which is key. Aspiring 5'ers, take note :)

<<once got the library / glacier engine going, which was great.>>

It's the little things in life that make it great, isn't it? ;)
But seriously, folks: also consider some Mirage Fetch Lands to act as sort of a cross between Land Grant and Thaw. There is a reason Sylvan is such a powerful tool. In a well-designed deck, you may never have to see the same two cards in consecutive Sylvan activations.

<<Rayne has been a tremendous help on the board, since all my threats come from creatures. >>

I'm glad to hear that you've found success with Rayne... I can see where she would be good in a creature-heavy environment (which necessitates spot removal for threats). Consider Confound, for such an environment. What is lacks in long-term card advantage, it makes up for in surprise and protection of threats. It's really quite good.

Regarding Ernham Djinns:

I know that they are a good, cheap, efficient creature and that many people like them. Still, they are low-class ;) If you're serious about a 4cc threat, there are many larger, more efficient, more robust choices. Just FYI, this is not actually a flaw in deck construction, just some advice for the future.

Keep it up!

CHA1N5

D

Dune Echo

Originally posted by Mundungu
In all games I managed to get a big threat on the table quickly(like a djinn, efreet or other big pounders).
Man... You and CHA1N5 love your fatties! I can tell I'd hate to play your deck! :) Let me know if you're ever in southwest OH, I want to play you!

I had no mana problems and once got the library / glacier engine going, which was great.
I've been on the otherside of the table against this combo many times... I envy you for having the cards to play it! :p

Rayne has been a tremendous help on the board, since all my threats come from creatures. I should go to 3.
Hey, I am EXTREMELY curious about this card and how well it's worked out for you. If possible, can I get a blow-by-blow with this card in play? Give me some examples of how it affects the game?

I need more games to do some more fine tuning, but am happy so far.
And that is what is important.

Thanks for posting the deck. Do you have a name for it? I plan on getting this posted on the 5-Color website.

M

Mundungu

On Rayne :

she was really good becaus my opp was relying on creature spot removal like StP, vindicate, terminate etc ... The mass removals are not that common unless you play serious control.

All in all, Rayne was not the fisrt target of elimination as I had some bigger threats on the table. (djinn, efreet, emperor crocodile, or even some card drawers like the magpie)

By the time my opp could get rid of Rayne I had netted at least a 5 cards advantage. Each game Rayne was on the table was an easy win.

I have been very happy getting the Libraries in. With glaciers, tithe, land grant and other library shuffling mechanism it was quite good indeed.

As far as the name is concerned, I though (also in the light of recent evenements) it has a lot of common with modern warfare : air superiority, solid ground forces with good support.
But a name that relqtes to those events might be of bad taste so I'll keep on thinking about it.

If you want to post the deck go ahead. any comments are welcome.

I might get some more games coming soon .... (well hopefully)

thanks for the support