Inter-forum Tournament!

I

Istanbul

I have a Standard deck waiting to go that has a fighting chance, but the logistics of this whole thing are unclear. Step-by-step this for me. What would I have to do?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Why doesn't anyone pay attention to rkoelsch's thread about this? It's the one with the poll titled 'Intra-forum Tournament".

Isty: Check out the post that started this thread; there's some link there that might help.

R

rakso

Originally posted by fuzzy510
I seriously think that we'll get pounded here, as well as Beyond Dominaria and MTGnews.com. The WotC boards have the largest reader base, and I just don't think we stand a chance.

Of course, our chances are better with me not playing. :D
Guys!

What the hell is this?

You guys are some of the oldest and most experienced players here!

I lurk in the Wizards boards, and half the time, they post precon decks or the contents of a starter! FOR TYPE I!!!

I honestly think you guys should have a better attitude.

And Beyond Dominia is not sanctioning any sort of tournament team, so count us out of your equation. I'll gladly cheer for CPA, of course. No question.

Honestly, I think you guys should feel you have the best in the pool named.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I honestly think we have a really good chance at coming out on top on this. And I think you guys think so, too.

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rakso

You guys as in "the CPA that is not dying" right?

Well, if you need advice, I can moonlight as a Type I coach, if anyone is interested. :)

Feel free to drop by the #bdchat channel on Newnet to test and spar for that format. I know at least one guy from MTGNews is. :)

That's the spirit, Ransac!

D

Darth Cow

Originally posted by rakso
And Beyond Dominia is not sanctioning any sort of tournament team, so count us out of your equation. I'll gladly cheer for CPA, of course. No question.
Really? Why would that be? :confused:

I

Istanbul

Well...if someone will take the time to teach me how to ICQ, and how we're going to run a tournament like that, I'll play.

D

Darth Cow

Originally posted by Istanbul
Well...if someone will take the time to teach me how to ICQ, and how we're going to run a tournament like that, I'll play.
It's IRC. Go to www.mirc.com to download mIRC. When you try to connect, set the server to "NewNet". Type /j #e-tourney to join the channel for the tourney. And we won't be running it. E-league will.

I

Istanbul

But how is this sort of thing done? ON IRC? With Apprentice? If with Apprentice, how?

T

theorgg

try going to the CPA chatroom and typing in /join #e-tourney or whatever the room is)

That might be the best way to do it.

They'll probably assign you who to call, then you hook up with them and play.

F

fuzzy510

Originally posted by fuzzy510
I just looked at "Champions" and assumed that we were taking the best from each forum. But if that's not the case.....

If the WotC boards are just taking random people, we might have an even better chance, because there are probably just a bunch of schmoes that hang out there, with little to no skill.

So, I take back what I said earlier. I just didn't understand.
Please read EVERYTHING before you try and blast me! I later RETRACTED my comment! :mad:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I don't know how it's done on E-League, but usually when I play with Griffy I get in the chat room to make sure we're both there and to get the IP numbers. Then one of us calls the other directly with Apprentice.

If someone can help Isty out with specifics directly related to how it's done with E-League, please post.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You can get to it from the front page (if you don't have a firewall) but I forgot the name of it if you're getting to it from your regular chat software (sorry Griffy, it's been too long :) )

R

rkoelsch

It would work the same way in e-league. They will post the mathups and then you contact your opponent and determine who goes first. That person would wait and the other person would call. or just exchange ip determine who waits and who calls and then once connected determine who goes first. I think we should be able to get 9 people together to play. It shouldn't matter if you think your any good or not. After all it is just a game.
But I was looking at MTGnews and I wasn't impressed by the caliber of players posting. I think we stand a fair chance of winning.

R

rakso

Hey, that link doesn't want to load on my browser!

Rkoeslch: You can play us after you clean house, then. ;) Just drop by #bdchat on Newnet, any time. :)

I

Istanbul

Pardon a doofus asking, but...where can you download Apprentice (my copy appears to have become corrupted) and the latest patches?

C

CAMDEX

Doesn't "Carpe Noctem" mean roughly "Every Night"? Cuz "Carpe Diem" means "Each Day".

OR it could mean "Per Night." I don't take Latin...