Inter-forum Tournament!

D

Darth Cow

Serrated Minion and myself of the MTGnews.com forums have decided to host a inter forum tournament, to see which MTG forum really is the best. Invites have (or will be soon) sent to the WotC boards and Beyond Dominaria. The formats will be Type 1, Extended and Type 2. Each forum should choice several (1-4) champions for each format to represent themselves at this tournament. For more info, go to this url: http://forums.mtgnews.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43367

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I think that Zadok and his carpe noctem(count chocula) should take the extended slot.

G

Gerode

I've never done Appr tourneys before, but I can be an alternate in the unlikely event of needing another player.

A

Apollo

I'd volunteer, but I haven't played in a while, and don't have any good decks together. But I'm sure whoever does represent us will slaughter all those other boards.

...Can Rakso play himself in type 1?:)

D

Darth Cow

Originally posted by Ransac
Hold on. Is this an apprentice tournament? If not, how will this be run?

Ransac, cpa trash man
Yeah, that's the plan. We're looking into having e-league run it, but I'll have to get back to you on that one.

D

Darth Cow

The plan is for 3 representatives for each forum in each category (T1, T2 and extended). We'll have one person from each face off against one person from another.

Z

Zadok001

I'll toss in my lot for Extended. Not sure how much spare time I'll have, but I'll see what I can do. :)

Cry havoc!

I

Istanbul

I'll also throw my hat in on Type 2.

I have...clever plans. *waggles brows*

Melkor

If no one else will, I'll take up the type 1 banner. Type 1, the only real magic, all the other formats just don't cut it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm afraid that I won't be able to participate, seeing as how my schools computers won't let me download.

I would appreciate it, however, if someone would use one of my decks.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

Darth Cow

- Each form has 3 representatives in 3 formats (Type 1, Type 2 and extended), for a total of 9 players.
- Each representative will play 3 matches against players from each other forum.
- Date: Weekend of December 15th/16th. More details will be forthcoming soon about specific times.
- E-League will host it and help organize it.
- Reps will need to be picked by at least several days before the tournament starts.
- Someone on these forums needs to pick up organization requirements for you. Cause I'm certianly not going to be picking players.

Z

Zadok001

Well, I'm dead, then. Gonna be judging the 15th. I'll hand over Carpe Noctem if someone REALLY feels the need, but I recommend something good instead. :)

M

Mikeymike

I'd love to give it a shot but I've got 2 things in my way:

1 - I've yet to get Apprentice to work for me (but I haven't tried that hard to get it working yet)
2 - That's 10 days before XMas, and judging by my previous holiday experience I'll need that weekend to do all the shopping I should be doing right now :rolleyes:.

Until then you might as well ignore this post, I'm just thinking out loud again.

--

Does Apprentice support 5-Color yet? I think Dune_Echo answered this question for me once before but I don't remember the answer.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean by "support"? It'll allow you to make the decks and you can duel somebody with them....