Gamecube vs. X-Box...

Gamecube or X-Box?

• Gamecube!...Nintendo is da' best!...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X-Box!...Bill Gates is dead sexy!...

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I have no opinion 'cause I am a loser who still plays Atari...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

Goku

I waited in line for quite a while to get a Gamecube.

And I was glad, too... #15 out of 32... the line had many more people in it, though... for XBox, there were 9 people there. Holding the controller, I knew why..
and that isn't even the beginning...

Hey.. if anyone wants some XBox error screens, pm me... I can send 'em.

I, for one, am glad that I did not waste $300 on an XBox, which I consider a junky computer. If you want a computer, get a computer. If you want a console, get a Gamecube.

Also, anyone noticed the new line of PS2 games? Ones that show that XBox is the worst of the three?

ah, well... that's Microshaft. Cheap products for a lot of money, only working off their compatibility. And in the console market, they don't have any.

I

Istanbul

I have my X-Box.
I have Halo.
My game controller doesn't look like it has tumors.
I'm happy.
So you can kiss my monkey.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Azreal the Soulmaster
#2 Super Smash Bros. Melee( I'm always link:D, all my favorite characters beatin' the crap out of each other always makes me happy)
I pity you. At least on SSB for the N64, Link sucks to a truly uncommon degree.

I

Insane_Penguin

Speaking of which, I can't wait to get a cube, mstly because everyone hates my cheap Kirby skillz:D

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Insane_Penguin
Speaking of which, I can't wait to get a cube, mstly because everyone hates my cheap Kirby skillz:D
Azrael - Feast your eyes on this. It's all about Kirby. Kirby WHUPS Link but good. And it's not just me. it's everybody. You get a decent hit on Link, and he's toast.

L

Lotus Mox

Even my 7 years old sister beats me up with Kirby regularly. :(
She plays much more than I do, though.

Guess what these 3 Kirbys are doing:

(>'.')(^.^<)('.'<)

;)

Gamecube vs. X-Box, since both aren't available in Germany for now, I don't know much about these.
But I really hate Microsoft, and actually like Nintendo somewhat, so I'd prefer the Gamecube.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

really? I always win with Link and Samus, well Link looks better in Melee anyway.

A

Almindhra

I might get my Cube today from Circuit City, but I'm having trouble with the games...Is Smash Bros worth getting?...I never played the old version...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

yeah I'd say its worth getting, I've seen a preview for it and it looks alot better than the older version.

F

fuzzy510

At this point, I'm not sure. I might hold on to the GameCube, I might not. But I'm NOT buying an Xbox.

First of all, the Xbox controller feels like it was designed by a guy in a serious hangover. It sucks. I try and hit one button, and hit three instead. Did I mention that I got blisters from the analog sticks within ten minutes?

Second, what games would I buy?
EA Sports games? Nah, they're on the PC.
Halo? Nah, Bungie's porting it: to PC.
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee? Nah, doesn't appeal to me. (Put Amped in this category.)
Project Gotham Racing? Nah, Gran Turismo 3's better.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X? Nah, not going to pay for rehashes of old games when a new game is out now.
Dead Or Alive 3? Nah, tested it out already. Hated it.
NFL Fever 2002? Nah, too much like Madden.

So you see, there really is no reason for me to buy an Xbox. Nyah! :)

A

Almindhra

The XBox's joystick hurt my finger too...Its just designed for people who put their thumbs directly on the it, but I use it from the side pushing it around, and it hurts...

U

Ura

I have a highly comprehensive review article in the works for the next gen systems where you can read my review and opinion. But I'll let it slip that the gamecube rated really low in almost all the catagories except price, while the x-box did surprisingly well in some areas and poorly in others much to my own surprise since I really don't like microsoft. I can actually get away with it because between myself and my roommate we own every system since the atari 2600 at this point. :p

Though I will say that anyone whos fingers hurt from using an analog stick have some serious problems with their fingers and thin skin or else they were really reefing on it to hard.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

LoL the X-box controller looks like a blimp.

I

Istanbul

The X-Box controller looks like the Dreamcast controller, and that worked out just fine for me.

The GameCube conroller looks like the SNES controller, with button-tumors.

A

Apollo

Apollo - Of course they're losing money on every X-Box sold. Every system since the Super Nintendo has. Companies don't make money on systems, they make money on games. Sega lost money on the Dreamcast. Nintendo lost money on the N64, and will be losing money on the GameCube. And Sony lost money on the PS1, and will be losing it on the PS2. It's a fact of the business.
Yeah, everybody loses money at first. But Sony is now making money on all the PS2s sold, whereas Morgan Stanley says XBox will be still be losing money into 2004.