Extended Stompy!

T

Turtlewax Joe

I'm so ready to kick the crap out of Eccelerated Blue, tear Sligh limb frow limb, eat Angry Hermit for breakfast, give Trix to the rabbit, and terrorize every other expensive college boy deck that comes near me!
When it comes down to it speed kills, and fast! If you spent more than $100 dollars on your deck I hope you can get a refund, cuz my little green furries are out for the price on your head, and I'm going to town! I sure hope your pretty boy deck has enough money to buy the farm cuz it's gonna kick the bucket!
Put simply, my deck wins faster, hits harder, and kills quicker than Donate/Illusions, goes 50/50 with Sligh, and anything else you can think of.

Here it is....STOMPY

4x Rougue Elephant
2x Harvest Wurm(synergy with the Elephant, could be Skyshroud Elite, or Creeping Mold:))
4x Ghazaban Ogre
4x Skyshroud Ridgeback
4x Muscle Sliver
4x Wild Dogs
4x Pouncing Jaguar
4x Elvish Lyrist(aggainst Donate/Illusions:))
4x River Boa

4x Rancor
4x Briar Shield
4x Giant Growth
4x Land Grant

10x Forest

All in all the deck is very fast and can dominate most games it plays and every deck if played right. Green is always the best deck! Green is fun fast and ugh-ly! What should not be in that is? What should be in that isn't?

T.J.:p

M

mpgsheep

Vine Dryad and Elvish Spirit Guide, though not sure guide is still legal. Bounty of the Hunt is quite good in places too. I would drop the Jaguar as they suck. Problemis echo is no good when u need to use btoh lands turn 2.

T

Turtlewax Joe

I'll have to agree on the echo costs, it is just plain bad. And the Jaguar has no special abilities.

I don't want to put in Vine Dryads because I'm trying to keep the deck rare free and cheap to make and easy to find.

Elvish Spirit Guide would be a great inclusion in the deck and I completely forgot about it! Woops!

I'm going to wait and see if the Ice Age Block rotates out before deciding to play bounty of the hunt...

Thanx for the Elvish Spirit Guide....It jogged my memory:)!

M

mpgsheep

Elvish Spirit Guide arent too expensive, maybe u could drop the Jaguar for something like them or maybe even Llanowar Elves or Skyshroud Elite(kickass in 1.X)

One thing also i didnt notice, maybe u should run 2 elvish lyrist and 2 druid lyrist or just 4 druid to get round engineered plague and tsabos decree?

T

Turtlewax Joe

NEW LIST!!!

STOMPY
4x Rogue Elephant
2x Harvest Wurm(could be skyshroud Elite?)
4x Ghazaban Ogre
4x Skyshroud Ridgeback
4x Elvish Spirit Guide
4x Wild Dogs
4x Muscle Sliver
4x River Boa(could be skyshroud elite?)
2x Druid Lyrist
2x Elvish Lyrist

4x Rancor
4x Briar Shield
4x Giant Growth
4x Land Grant

10x Forest

Wut do you think now?

M

mpgsheep

Err Skshroud Ridgeback is sucky. Really pisses me off. Would drop it for say Kavu Titan or Wild Mongrel

T

Turtlewax Joe

ok....I like it but it doesn't stick around long, it should go.

It has to go in favor of a 1cc creature though. What should it be?
Elves? Should I put the Jaguar Back in?

L

Lotus Mox

You could use Mtenda Lion, if noone plays blue LOL scratch that.

seriously, Skyshroud Elite is pretty good and Quirion Ranger is nifty (you could try Spectral Bears with them).

You could also keep the Ridgebacks if the other options don't appeal to you, they aren't THAT bad.

O

olwen

I'd replace Harvest Wurms with Winter Orbs.
Also Bounty of the Hunt instead of Giant Growth.

T

Turtlewax Joe

I decided against the "no rares" thing. The deck....fine tuned and ready to kick some butt:

Stompy

4x Briar Shield
4x Rancor
3x Bounty of the Hunt
4x Land Grant
3x Winter Orb

4x Rogue Elephant
4x Elvish Spirit Guide
4x Wild Dogs
4x Skyshroud Elite
4x Elvish Lyrist
4x River Boa
4x Vine Dryad
4x Quirion Ranger

10x Forest

M

mpgsheep

in my personal opinion that deck kicks ass!!looks finely tuned. I would recommend testing it against the following decktypes, that are prevalent in the extended environment at the moment.

Tier 1
New Trix(mono blue version/splash red)
YMGs Reanimator
Zombie Nation
Maher Oath
Draw-Go/Blessing Draw-Go/Turbophid
Sligh
Turboland

Tier 2
White Weenie
Countersliver
Ponza
Pox

All i can think of off the top of my head

I

I8Piggo

I don't think Harvest Wurm is very good. It requires you to draw three lands and a Rogue Elephant in order to be played. That doesn't seem to happen very often.
Scavenger Folk seem like they'd have a place in this deck. Do they? Everyone tells me they suck, but I still don't really understand why.

Is Ice Age really being taken out?! (I've been out of the world of M:tG for a while)

T

Turtlewax Joe

Ok...To clear up the Ice Age rumors....some one on MTG news is friends of a judge who is the friend of a guy who's dad owns WotC and the Ice Block WILL NOT BE ROTATING OUT UNTIL NEXT NOVEMBER!!!

M

Major Crime

I play an Elf deck which I've just typed 2ed.
Think stompy with creatures with a max base p/t of 2/2. Base of 20 elves 4 lords and a couple of anty-flyers, and a lot of growth and overruns.

Played our clubs best player (he won the last three Pro-tour qualifers he went in for) with it.
He was playing the deck he took to the last PTQ, I won 4 to 3. Played it against a couple of the others, it does cause problems against an PTQ deck with Forests, or not to many creatures, as I am happy to wait a couple of turns to see if the Overkill sorry over run turns up.

Best so far was this attack.
4x 2/2 elves
4x 1/1 elves
1x lord
with an overrun and 2 GG's in hand
and only four blokers with T of 3 or less.

I've also added coat of arms, well it is a fun deck.

K

Killerbob

Why use muscle sliver? It´s just a bear. Why not use the power-bear, Spectral bears. With Quirion ranger and winter orb it makes good synergy. And the ranger is really good. It gives you 2 green mana in turn 2, even if you only draw one land.

M

Mikeymike

Q: about the Wild Dogs in comparison to the Ghazban Orges - Does the cycling outweight the extra point of toughness in this deck?

Save the Scavenger folk for the sideboard, as Cursed Scroll, Masticore, and Horn of Greedcould give you a hard time, but I don't know if they're a big enough threat to maindeck against.

I'd make the sideboard something like this
3 Scavenger Folk (maybe 4)
4 Rushwood Legate
3 Mtenda Lions
3 Spectral Bears
2 Druid Lyrists (or emerald charms)

T

Turtlewax Joe

the extra toughness doesn't matter, it still dies to shock and every other thing that could potentialy kill it. My point is that, in a match against sligh, when your life total is very likely tob lower than your opponents, you can cycle the dogs where as the Orgre is a dead card.

T.J.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not to mention that if you play an Ogre and your opponent Shocks/Bolts/burns you, it goes right to him on your next turn :)