New Card Ideas

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

i like the waiting idea, but the avaters are a big ripoff of prop. sorry dude, but don't think that idea would fly.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

I am posting for 3 reasons. one this is my 30th post making me a member. two, CT i re-read your post and don't think the pies should be "Creature-pie wall" they are Creature-pie and the black monster is still gonna be creatue monster. three, i got a few more cards.

Kow Pie
Creature-Pie
1B
1/1
B, Sacrifice: Target creature cannot attack or block next turn.
"Smells like it, feels like it, tastes like it. Glad i didn't step in it."

Minced-Meat Pie
Creature-Pie
1G
1/1
GG, Sacrifice: Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.

Shoe-Fly Pie
Creature-Pie
1U
1/1
UU, Sacrifie: Return target creature to it's owner's hand.
"Getonoutaheare"

Pizza Pie
Creature-Pie
1R
1/1
RR, Sacrifice: Piza Pie deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
"You no lika da hot pizza piea?"

Raze-berry pie (revised)
Creature-Pie
1R
1/1
R, Sacrifice: Destroy target land.
"Oww, hot pie, really hot pie!"

Whipped Cream Pie
1W
1/1
W, Sacrifice: target creature gains protecton from color of your choie until end of turn.
"Is that pie in your eye Bill?"

C

Chaos Turtle

SwingMage, if I may quote myself...
Ereth cards:
I like this idea. I think the non-Strider Ereth should require a sacrifice though, so I'm thinking, "When ~ comes into play, sacrifice an Ereth."
I wonder if you mean, "If ~ is sacrificed in this way, <ability>."
I was of course, allowing for the Ereth Strider not to have that restriction. Possibly some other small Ereth would not have the restriction (and, of course, not have a sacrifice ability either).
I figure we could do, say, three "vanilla" Ereth creatures, a 1/1 First Strike for W, a 2/2 Does not tap to attack for WW, and a 1/2 with "3, Tap: Search library for Ereth card and put it into play," for 2W. Along with the Ereth Engine, one could build an all-Ereth deck, complete with search capability (which wouldn't be too broken, considering the CIP-ability of the "good" Ereth).
See what I'm getting at? Make these guys work well together, and you can paint yourself a picture in your mind, of a reclusive yet fanatical race, who are willing to give their lives to their cause (whatever that cause is) who work best with other members of their race.
What do you think?

Pie-Eater, I made the pies "pie walls" because I just can't wrap my brain around the idea of pies getting up and laying the smack down, in any situation. Maybe for CoW 2: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder it could work, but I rather like the idea of these pies that, when it blocks, symbolizes some creature being overcome with the desire to sit down and have a piece.
It's funny, get it? :D
We'll have to pick the best pie from each color, too. Fun as they are, this is a set about War, not pies. ;)

The "waiting" mechanic is virtually identical to the "delay" mechanic, for which some cards have already been made.
Sorry, no room for Avatars this time around.

I

Istanbul

Would you be willing to turn the cost to return Istanbul to its owner's hand into UU? I always hated those cards that make you pay a lot of mana to return the creature to its owner's hand.
It would also make me less splashable, and that's fine by me; I'm only meant to be used in blue decks anyway.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

I just like that saying. I know you would have to choose the better of the pies for the set, thats why i made 2 sets of them, just so people could pick. Second, I guess the pie wall thing works...wait, i just got an idea.

Pie Throwing Machine.
Artifact
Tap: target pie can attack.
"Wham, right in the face."

If you make them pie walls, put this in. Assuming you put any of them in.

G

garfobo

garfobo-is-on-fire
3R, Summon Garfobo Legend
tap: deal one damage to target creature or player
during your upkeep remove 1 +1/+1 counter from garfobo-is-on-fire
5/5

garfobo
4U, Summon Garfobo Legend
2U tap: target red creature gets -2/-2 and is blue until end of turn
Flying
3/3

G

garfobo

garfobo-is-on-fire
is supposed to be 0/0 and have 5 +1/+1 counters

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

How exactly do you have two legends of the same person, in the same set? i say pick one of those, and go with that one. the "on fire" seems the better of the 2. the ability of the other makes no sense.

S

seveninchcowboy

Master of Delirium 3BR
Creature - Lord
2BR, Tap: Tap target creature an opponent controls. That creature deals to the player an amount of damage equal to its power. The creature neither deals nor receives combat damage this turn.
3/3
"In a place where insanity rules, he is the ruler of all domains."

Holy Paladin 2WW
Creature - Knight
First Strike, Prot. Black, Prot. Red
Attacking doesn't cause Serra's Paladin to tap.
2/2
"Tough little bugger, isn't he?"

Evil's Chaotic Embrace BBRR
Black and Red creatures gain protection from White, Green, and Blue.
"The enemy of an enemy's enemy is still an enemy."

End of Reality 1BBBRRR
Sorcery
Remove all permanents from the game. Remove all cards in all grave yards from the game. Both players discard their hands. Both players lose half their life rounded up.
"..."

[Edited by seveninchcowboy on July 14th, 2000 at 02:58 PM]

G

garfobo

Pie Eater, if u were here earlier i had a diff name, and the "on fire" one was it, but i changed it, and those legends rpresent the 2 different characters!

M

manchot_13

OK... since you didn't like them being aqvatars because of prophecy... let's go with a new name (there's nthing imoral about having a set of 5 creatures, one for each color is there?)

Well... umm... how about a name for them?

so... anyone have any ideas? for what to put in place of the ????

The New Avatars:
I love the idea for these cards... so be gentle... (i also love my '...' but that's not on topic)

New Ability: Waiting X

When ~this~ comes into play, put X wait counters on it. During your upkeep you may remove a wait counter from it. When there are no wait counters on ~this~ put it into play.

Note, even though it is not in play, none activated abilities that involve wait counters still take effect.

????

RR
Waiting 8

Whenever an opponent plays a land, you may remove a wait counter from ~this~.

R:+1/+0 until end of turn
RRR: flying until end of turn
Tap: Flip a coin, if you win the toss, destroy target land.

5/5

????
UU
Waiting 8

Whenever an opponent successfully casts a spell, you may remove a wait counter from ~this~.

flying
tap: counter target spell

4/5

????
BB
Waiting 8
Whenever a creature is put into the graveyard from play, you may remove a wait counter from ~this~.

cannot be blocked accept by artifact creatures and black creatures

tap: destroy target non-black non-artifact creature
5/5

????
GG
Waiting 8
Whenever a creature you control is blocked, you may remove a wait counter from ~this~.

Trample
tap:add GGGG to your mana pool.
GGGG:Regenerate

7/7

????
WW
Waiting 8
Whenever you are dealt damage from a source you do not control, you may remove a wait counter from ~this~.

Flying

Does not tap to attack.

tap: gain 5 life

4/9

M

manchot_13

Manchot the Thirteenth: Twisted Time Mage
UUUU
Summon Time Mage Legend

Cannot be target of spells or abilities
Cannot attack or block
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to ~this~

2: Shuffle all cards in all hands, all graveyards, and in play except this one back into thier owners libraries. Start a new game of magic, but leave ~this in play
Remove the top 10 cards of your library from the game.
0/1
"I'll get it right eventually"

I think the wording is a little off... but otherwise i think i'm ok...

and... one other idea

Mindgamer (they never printed it right?)
2U

tap: change the order of the spells and effects cards on target stack. they then resolve in that order.

1/1

I

Istanbul

Rabid Panda 3R
Creature - Panda
R: +1/+0. Target creature can't block Rabid Panda this turn.
"Awww, it's so cute...AAAAGH! Get it offa me! GET IT OFF!!"
2/2

Trouble At Home 3U
Enchantment
Players cannot target permanents they control.

C

Chaos Turtle

Pie Throwing Machine
Artifact
Tap: Target Pie can attack this turn.
"Wham, right in the face."

If you make them pie walls, put this in. Assuming you put any of them in.
It's a deal!
Good job, Pie-Eater! :)

C

Chaos Turtle

Oh, that Paladin (not Serra, tho) should be 2WW. Otherwise pretty good.

S

SwingMage

Hey Chaos Turtle, how 'bout something like this:

Ereth Strider
W
Summon Ereth
1/1
They are the basis of all Ereth Flesh

Ereth Defender
1W
1/2
They defend the land until, they too, must be sacrificed to forward their cause.

Ereth Warrior
WW
Summon Ereth
First Strike
When Ereth Warrior comes into play, sacrifice an Ereth other than this.
2/2
The warrior has blood of the innocent on his hands, as well as that of his foe's.

Ereth Knight
1WW
Summon Ereth
When Ereth Knight comes into play, sacrifice an Ereth other than this.
When Ereth Knight is sacrificed, put two +1/+1 counters divided as you choose, among any number of Ereth creatures.
2/3
Even in death, the Ereth knights made the army stronger.

Ereth Generator
3,T: Put a white creature token into play. Treat this token as a 2/2 creature which counts as an ereth.

Ereth Recruiter
1WW
Summon Ereth
When Ereth recruiter comes into play, sacrifice an Ereth other than this.
3,T: Search your library for a summon Ereth card and put that card in your hand. SHuffle your library afterwards.
1/3
The recruiters searched the land for eligible ereth mercenaries, causing almost as much bloodshed as the war itself.

Ereth Palladin
3WW
Summon Ereth
When Ereth Palladin comes into play, sacrifice an Ereth creature other than this.
When Ereth Palladin comes into play, choose a color. Ereth Palladin comes into play with protection of that color.
3/3
The Paladins were the Ereth's last hope. In taking their own lives, they had created the ultimate answer.

Ereth Healer
2W
Summon Ereth
When Ereth Healer comes into play, sacrifice an ereth card other than this.
Sacrifice an Ereth: Prevent all combat damage dealt to Ereth creatures this turn.
1/2
Taking one life to help many, that was the Ereth's way.

Also, do you think "or bury this" should be added to each Ereth with a CIP ability?

[Edited by SwingMage on July 14th, 2000 at 07:53 PM]

S

seveninchcowboy

Spike Field 3G
During your upkeep, put a spike counter on Spike Field.
2, remove a spike counter from Spike field: put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.