Blue Skies for Extended Compotition and Random Casual Beatings!

T

Turtlewax Joe

I have a Blue Skies Deck for extended and for beating others into the ground during casual games....it's also fun to wach the deck loose cos it kicks and screams! It all started when I wanted a GOOD(not great) deck that was cheap for extended, and i saw Terry Tsangs Canadian Championship Deck. It's Basically the same only instead of Waterfront Bounsers I am running Bottle Gnomes.

4x Troublesome Spirit
4x Rishadan Airship
4x Rootwater tHEIF
4x Spiketail Hatchling
2x Bottle Gnomes(would like to up it to 4 wut could I take out?)

4x Foil
4x Thwart
1x Misderection
4x Wash Out
4x Gush
4x Opt

2x Port(I stumbled along these one day for a good price and they are the only hard to get thing in the deck)
19x Island

There it is....suggestions of all kinds are taken....I am forming a side board as we speek. i will be very greatful as for wut to take out for 2 more Gnomes!

Thanx, T.J.:p

T

Turtlewax Joe

It blocks anything GOOD in extended for a couple of turns and If it's going to die you sac it and gain 3 life? How can you beat that for utility?

T.J.:p

R

r00tg04t

Umm lets see extended... Blue..

Morphling
Force of Will
Impulse
Thought Devourer (not sure if that's the name, it's the 4/4 flyer from OD)
Winter Orb
... did i mention force of will?

Bottle gnomes is ok for sideboard but not in this type of deck, and if you want to stick with that type of design you should run 4 ports at least, 2 farrie conclave and the chimeric idols

T

Turtlewax Joe

I'm going to put in Morphlings as I get them and same with ports since people s attitude around here is: If it isn't T II it isn't playable.....morons!

Impulse is being playtested vs. Opt and is winning me over. Force of will was in the Ice block wasn't it? If so it's cycling out and I can't get it!

T.J.

The 4/4 flier limits my hand size to 4 which in extended you want people to think your holding a ful hand of counters so you want a full hand.

M

mpgsheep

Ice age block isnt rotating out!Where did u hear that? Force of Will is on the DCI Watch list for extended, but doesn't mean for certain it will go. It better not. I bought 3 Necro, and 4 Consults, a week before they were banned, and only had my 4 FoW for a month!!

Z

Zadok001

Since the rotation of Revised and Co., there's been rampant speculation that Extended will face another rotation before the next season begins early 2002. That rotation will remove Ice Age block and the Dual lands from Extended, but leave the rest intact. It is ONLY A RUMOR at this point. No confirmation.

T

Turtlewax Joe

Still, I'm going to play it safe and NOT buy ANY force of wills.

What should I take out in favor of 2 Morphling?

M

mpgsheep

Why will the Dual Lands rotate out with Ice Age, as they didnt go when they should have with revised?

T

Turtlewax Joe

Can we get back on topic?? I NEED to know what to take out for 2 morphlings...?

If you want to talk more on the subject of extended and stuff like that go to the off Topic forum and find the related thread called: Extended Seasons.