Card Submissions

• Thread starter Azreal the Soulmaster
  • Start date
T

terzarima

Gotta love penguinscape. Best one there undoutedly. Brain Kibler's is a little... extreme... but, meh...

Gary wise and John Finkel's cards are actually quite good. They're pretty much viable.

I

Istanbul

Please GOD, let Antoine Ruel *not* get his card printed. As I said in another thread...did someone hit him in the head before he made this thing up?

Ditto Olivier Ruel, but for the opposite reason. As there are no penguins, this does nothing...and even if there were, I would expect them all to be blue anyway.

D

Duel

Ruel is the problem? Um, no.
Try Clegg or Budde. Especially Clegg.

On the other hand, Vande, my man, gets points for the name of his card.....

I

Istanbul

Yes. I would say that a new Morphling would be a BIG problem.

But yes, Clegg's artifact needs to cost 1.
Kai's card really doesn't seem THAT insanely powerful to me.

I

igfett

the second (counterspell) ability on kai's card is WAY undercosted. If wizards were to actually print this card, i would expect the second ability to end up costing 4 or 5. It would probably still be really good, as it fits perfectly in every draw-go deck ever printed. mono-blue 3cc counterspells don't come around too often and usually become staples in mono-u decks in multiple formats. this 3cc counterspell even breaks the cost up over 2 turns if u want, and gives u clairvoyance as to exactly what needs to be countered. as another plus, if u see a hand full of land or something like that (or draw it late game) u can easily cycle it after taking a peek. just an amazing card all around. probably would be printed with the first ability costing 1u and the second 2uu or 1uuu
to see what counterspells are besoming, check out the flashback counter in odyssey... WAAAAAY overcosted

I

Istanbul

*takes a second look*
My bad. I thought the casting cost was UU.
Part of Counterspell's power is its surprise factor; I don't think its ability is undercosted at UU if the card costs UU to play.
At U...I think it should cost UUU to counter.

I

igfett

ummm....
draw go does not try to suprise you. if it has cards in hand they probably 1)draw more cards or 2)counter target spell

the disadvantage is knowing what to let through or not to. this card solves that without costing you space better filled with counters. this is like a gigantic "seal of counterspell" that lets u spread the cost out. if it simply cost UUU to play and said sac to counter a spell, it would still be good. i dunno, i guess it isn't "broken" but it would definitly be the best counterspell (at least mono0blue counterspell) to be printed in a long time, probably since forbid

A

Apollo

Hm. "Ever get the feeling that people just stopped trying?"

I'll be rooting for Kibler and Price (like usual).

I

Istanbul

Price over Kibler.

Let me do my impression of someone casting Apocalyptic Dragon-Kin:

Player 1: "Tap 4WGR...play Apocalyptic Dragon-Kin."
Player 2: "No Counterspells in hand."
Player 1: "Okay, you lose."

M

mogg bomber

Those cards for the most part are just, meh. I'm not sure why, if I got the chance to design a card, I'd try to get something good, but at the same time unique. Oh well, I want Price to win, that goblin would be a huge help to the types of decks I like to build. And if that new Morphling wins, lets hope Wizards will make him submit a new card(like they did with Finkel last year).

B

Bob

If PenguinScape is printed, WOTC will make penguins. I hope they are somewhat like this:

Penguin W
Summon Penguin
T: Target Penguin becomes blue until end of turn.
1/2

Penguin Mage WW
Summon Penguin Wizard
U: Target Penguin becomes Blue until end of turn.
If Penguin mage is Blue, it gains: U: 2 Target Penguins are blue until end of turn.
1/1

Penguin Soldier WW1
Summon Penguin Soldier
First Strike
If Penguin Soldier is blue, it gains +3/+2
2/3

Penguin Berserker WW2
Summon Penguin Barbarian
If Penguin Berserker is blue, it gains +3/+0 and trample
4/2

Oh, Penguin Master WW3
Summon Penguin Hero Legend
U: Target Penguin is blue until end of turn
All other Penguins get +1/+1. If Oh is Blue, all other penguins get +2/+2 instead.
3/3

Penguins are funny.:D

M

mogg bomber

Well, I just noticed it's over now. Budde won, so now blue gets even more rediculously cheap card drawing and countering in one card...great :rolleyes: Ironically, earlier in this thread it was mentioned that Budde and Clegg had problem cards, and they ended up facing each other in the finals.

G

Gizmo

Mogg Bomber, will you quit whinging? Kai`s suggestion has to go through plenty of R&D testing yet, and could change any number of times between now and it's eventually seeing print, including being given any block mechanics from the new set.

More to the point, can we please stop calling Finkel the best player in the world? Its surely Budde.

C

Chaos Turtle

What a great couple of years he's had!

And his card will change quite a bit before release of course.

G

Gizmo

The last deck to defeat Budde in the final of a major event?
Sutcliffe Sligh
:D

M

mogg bomber

Sorry if I sounded like I was whining, I just like to complain :D I'm sure I'll love the card anyway when it gets printed, I've really liked all of the previous invitational cards. It just starts to get annoying when every card every year is card advantage for blue(which they all have been except Avalanch Riders.) To be honest, I don't even play constructed magic at all, maybe once every few months, I usually just play limited.

D

Duel

I think it's indicative that all but one invitational card has been blue. Clearly, blue is the color choice of all the best players! Or, put another way, if you play blue, you become a better player!

Well, you SHOULD......