Neferious Lich Deck

M

Mr.Gnome

Hmm... This card is very interesting..... I can see it being played in B/W/U with Absorb (Counter a spell DRAW THREE CARDS) and maybe lifeburst? Draw 4 cards pluss 4 for each one in your graveyard? Dromar's Charm Draw 5 cards or kill a bear or counter a spell. I disagree that this spell can't be played relitivly early before your graveyard is packed. If you play spells like Zombie Infestation then you can be sure that your graveyard is always full enough. Think of the Synergy of Deathgrasp and the lich! it's just crazy! Do X damage draw X cards! And of course Finkletrator would have a place in this deck with the kill cards being deathgrasp, and maybe Dromar? irradecent angel? Mahamoti? i donno but here is the decklist that i was thinking of...
4-Neferious Lich
4-Life Burst
3-Absorb
3-Dromar's Charm
4-Counterspell
4-Vindicate
4-Shadowmage Infiltrator
4-Deathgrasp
2-Zombie Infestation
2-Dromar / Mahamoti / Irradescent Angel?
2-FoF
4-Adarkar wastes
4-Underground River
4-Caves of Koilos
2-Coastal Tower
2-Salt Marsh
4-Island
1-Plains
3-Swamp

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Reviving Dose now reads "Draw 4 cards."

And Reviving Vapors is now a lot better.

How would Blessed Wind work? I have a hunch it would do absolutely nothing.

C

Craven

Zombie Infestation:
Discard two cards from your hand: Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token into play.

Confessor:
Whenever a player discards a card from his or her hand, you may gain 1 life.

What do you think of this combo I've heard of in combination with Neferious Lich? Discard two cards, put Zombie token into play. Now normally you would gain 2 life because of the Confessor. But with Neferious Lich you draw 2 cards instead. Repeat until you draw a power card or you have enough tokens to overrun your opponent!!!

M

Mr.Gnome

Wow! that combo is really kewl and i will try to make the deck better with the combo!

T

Turtlewax Joe

12 pains? Or is the BLAZING SPEED good enough not to worrry??

C

Cateran Emperor

My team has developed a few different combos on this.

Part 1 is always the same, it has to be

-Nefarious Lich
-Confessor

This is the engine proper, it just needs fuel and output. What we've come up with:

Psychatog + Aboshan's Desire
Initially Touch of Invisibility, but we eventually cut that as it was just too expensive (U3) to fire off while defending our Lich. The Desire has the added bonus of keeping Psychatog from being Ordered or some other white spells that remove attackers from the game.

Zombie Infestation + Fervor
Just ended up being too many colors that couldn't defend the Lich. That, and that it's just a lot easier to hose without white or blue backup.

Zombie Infestation + Phyrexian Altar + Urza's Rage
Easily our strongest version right now, as the engine proper is literally unstoppable to anything short of a Divert (in which case you make more tokens in response, sac them, and pay for the Divert cost)

Z

Zadok001

Our dearest friend the Lich will indeed give you cards for the Wind.