• Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Trek: Voyager

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOT, a Star Trek fan!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Killer Joe

Okay, I actually forgot this thing was comming on and so I missed the first 45 min. of the two-hour special :(.
Hmm, Scott Bakula. Wasn't he the guy from Quantum Leap? Did his last leap put him in the Captian's chair of the Enterprise?
It took a few min. for me to get use to him playing a 'hard-oink' early StarFleet Capt. but that wasn't nearly as hard to get use to as it was to adjust to the HGTV format were all forced to choke down, I mean, were NOT supposed to notice the black bands on the top and bottom!?
Alright, enough 'techy' talk and back to 'trekky' talk :).
Okay, so I'm picking up the story in bits and pieces, the Federation is like brand new and the Vulcans are kind of our allies and the Enterprise is on it's maiden voyage on a mission to rescue some Klingon. Most likely circling around Uranus :).
The Enterprise looks way cooler than the James Tiberius Kirk version (how's THAT possible since this is supposed to be before Kirk's time, I know, I know, 21st C. TV technology versus 20th. C. tv technology) anyhow, they get all geeked up because thay can get cranked up to like 4.5 in the warp factor drive (Jeezsh, that's considered "Hazzard Lights" speed for Janeway and crew).
The uniforms are practically what the shuttle crew Endevor wear and there's no com-badge either. The transportor is cutting edge tech for them (I do remember early episodes of Kirk's Star Trek when Dr. McCoy would complain about using the transporter and having his molecules ripped apart and all).
So it's halfway through the special and there's,....um,.......a 'nude scene' (well, a nude scene for Star Trek, at least). Yup. Some of the upper crust crew members were on a planet surface and had to detox or something when thay got back and the science officer (a friggin' Vulcan,....a woman at that!) were spreading baby oil or something on each other and I want to tell you male pigs out there, you missed some serious pointy.......ears:eek: ! I mean, had she been any closer to anyone, she could've poked someone's eyes out! And I think it was wicked cold in that room, too.
Anyway, the ship's doctor was a Cardassian (I think they were trying to keep with the storyline from DS9 that the Cardassians were artsy-fartsy-scientists before they became a military state).
Did I happen to mention that the quarters were extremely tight and the bridge was about the size of the men's room on ST:TNG's Enterprise?
Oh, the storyline, yeah, yeah, they found this Klingon, who was being held captive by these Zagnut looking aliens and was rescued by Scott Bakula (The Enterprise Cap't) and I can't remember anything else. Except for those extremely pointy ears ;).
This mildly trekky fan gives "Enterprise" a B-
I actually think I'm gonna give this show a chance,...for a while.

Anyone, else, watch this thing?

F

FoundationOfRancor

I thought it was really good. Hated the theme; I want Jerry Goldsmith back.

Scott Bakula really fits the position right, it was a good call.

The idea of a temporal cold war is too cool to say no to.

M

Multani

It was something new. I watched the whole 2 hrs. of the thing, and I'll give it an A. It's already got me hooked. Did you see the Enterprise?! I am already in love with that ship.

Anyway, YJ: I didn't know the doc was Cardassian? He didn't really look Cardassian.

The theme is okay, but the credits scenes are awesome, very well done.
Zadok: The Klingon is in the same makeup as the TNG-era/DS9 Klingons. They didn't go back to the original makeup.

For all you folks out there who want specs for the first Big-E:

About 70 crewmen
No Photon torps. They just tested it out last episode.
No phasers. Only plasma weapons, and little blaster things.
Phase pistols.
No shields. Only hull plating, but for plot purposes, it's the same thing.

D

Dementia

But from what you guys and another of my buddies has said the technology is so comically toned down that I am waiting for the episode where the crew has to get out and push to get the Enterprise started:D

I will be watching the next episode I hope:)

V

Volraths_bane

DS9 will always be my favorite but I really like it

Err...Yellow Jacket...the Doctor isn't a Cardassian for sure ...he doesn't look like one that much and I read it in TV Guide...he is from an unknown race according to what I read there

I love the low tech stuff...Backula is great...I also hear the the weapons guy may be the first ST character to come out..interesting

LONG LIVE THE POINTY EARS

G

Griffith_se

Originally posted by Zadok001
Tell me... What did the Klingon look like?
You know, they never did explain that.
The different Klingon look, from the original.

The only thing I recall was on DS9. They went back
in the past, and saw the old Klingon's.

When they ask Worf about it, he said, "We don't like to talk about it".

That was it, thats all I know about it.

As far as the new show, I'm not so sure I like
Scott Bakula yet. He seem kinda "Mighty Mouse-ish".
"Here I come to save the day". :)

Picard is da man!

Over all I like the show, but TNG is my fave.

Z

Zadok001

Ahhh! Griffith! Don't DO that to me! You managed to write an entire response to my question without answering it! :p

Please, someone: What did the Klingon look like?

:D

G

Griffith_se

Multani answered already.

I thought I did too, They look like the Klingon's
from DS9, TNG, and Voyager, not like the ones on
the original Star Trek.

Originally posted by Multani

Zadok: The Klingon is in the same makeup as the TNG-era/DS9 Klingons. They didn't go back to the original makeup.

D

Dementia

Dang it man! Look at Multani's post. He told ya what the Klingon looked like!

Yeah! Right on Griffth! I just watched a Star Trek TNG Marathon last week and it reminded me how much I loved that series:)

And yes, Picard is da man:D

Edit: Whoops....Griffth got to it first.....oh well, I think you needed that smack so I'll leave it as is;)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Is it just me or was the last episode really stupid?

I mean, they're tellin' oinkin' ghost stories.
This isn't a Star Trek plot; this is a Care Bears plot.

M

Multani

There seems to be this tradition that the during the season, a few episodes after the pilot, there is an episode in which the crew gets infected by some contagious disease.
It was in TOS (The Naked Time)
And in TNG (The Naked Now)
and now:
In Enterprise (Strange New World)
It was suspiciously absent in both DS9, and Voyager,
though in Voyager, there were probably several incarnations of this plot idea throughout the series.
DS9: Maybe, but then again, I didn't start paying attention to DS9 until after Sisko became bald. :D

As for a silly plot, when you think about it, it's not that silly. In a way, it mirrors the situation in the U.S. right now. We're in a frightening situation. Some react with violence and paranoia like Trip, some react with calm and logic, like T'Pal. Life imitates art, again. :)

F

FoundationOfRancor

Yes, it was like a care bear episode.

...Of course, the care bears usually dont get an ecstasy high.

I thought it rocked.

M

Multani

I hate T'Pau, she's annoying and condescending :mad: !
Hehe. That's the point Yellowjacket. Keep in mind, that at this point, relations between humans, and Vulcans aren't very cosy, because humans think that the Vulcans are very annoying and condescending. They made T'Pol that way in order for the viewers to know why the humans think the Vulcans are so annoying.
Personally, I think of her as a more strict and female version of Spock.
Don't worry, I'm sure she'll become more 'relaxed' as the series progresses. ;)