White Weenie?

G

Griffith_se

Eh or Nah?

Pretty poor I guess, Probably not enough good 1cc
creatures.
Good thing I didn't put much thought into it.

Creatures 24
4 Devoted Caretaker
4 Mystic Penitent
4 Longbow Archers
4 Patrol Hound
4 Spectral Lynx
2 Beloved Chaplin
2 Lieutenant Kirtar

Other stuff 14
4 Glorious Anthem
2 Divine Sacrament

4 Vindicate
4 Pariah

Lands 22
4 Caves of Koilos
4 Swamp
14 Plains

N

NeuroDeus

so... my opinions

No black... yes spectral lynx is a bomb... maybe keep spectral lynx and some source of black mana...

No Angels... too big... u need fast hurting creatures

No Benalish Trapper ?

J

John`O

UW sounds good because you get a quality one drop
and meddling mage...

4 Devoted Caretaker
4 Stormscape Apprentice
4 Longbow Archers
4 Galinas Knight
4 Meddling Mage
2 Beloved Chaplin ?
4 Glorious Anthem
4 Divine Sacrament
2 Disenchant
3 Syncopate
3 Repulse ?
4 Coastal Tower
4 Adarkar Wastes
4 Island
10 Plains

but maybe you should be using
Master Apothecary ?

This thing seems too good
on its own it's a 2/2 Custodian that can
prevent the turn it comes into play.

Caretaker and Chaplin are both Clerics.

Maybe
4 Devoted Caretaker
2 Stormscape Apprentice
4 Longbow Archers
4 Galinas Knight
4 Meddling Mage
4 Beloved Chaplin
4 Master Apothecary
4 Glorious Anthem
4 Divine Sacrament
2 Disenchant
2 Syncopate
4 Coastal Tower
4 Adarkar Wastes
2 Island
12 Plains

Would be interesting

John

R

r00tg04t

Ok, why aren't you using:

4x Confessor (Wannabe.. that card from old white wheenie decks, play a creature gain 1 life)
4x Mysic Visionary (2/1 Flying for W1... how is it bad?
4x Patrol Hound (Wannabe White Knight, combos well with threshhold and confessor)
4x Mystic Penitent (2/2 for W, doesn't tap to attack...i heard that's prett good...)

You also might wanna consider running 2 Serra Angel, for a "Big Finisher" i am thinking plain white weenie is not *Strong* right now, but it has potental. Maybe splash blue like what was said above, 4 counterspell, 4 absorb i will work on a white weenie deck and post it here in the next few days. Hope i helped.

G

Griffith_se

Hum, there seems to be a trend.

Nobody thinks a spash of Black would be good.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Why not put in
Pianna, Nomad Captain
1WW Creature - Nomad Legend
Whenever Pianna, Nomad Captain attacks,
attacking creatures get +1/+1 until end of turn
Some find inspiration in their swords.
Others find it in their leaders.
2/2
just a thought.

R

rkoelsch

If you wanted to splash black I would probably put enough in for duress. But i think that B/W is harder to support than U/W. My build will be U/W as I like Meddling Mages.

M

Mikeymike

Try mono-white before you go dual-color, you've got the cards to do it.

Here's a decklist, its easier than doing a replacement analysis of each.

Creatures 29
4 Devoted Caretaker (yeah baby! I love this card)
4 Mystic Penitent
4 Longbow Archers
4 Patrol Hound
4 Spectral Lynx (or Mystic Visionary, the flying might be useful if it gets threshold)
4 Lieutenant Kirtar (she's awesome)
3 Pianna (replaces the Divine Sacrament which could bite you in the tush)
2 Serra Angel

Other stuff 10
4 Glorious Anthem
2 Death or Glory (I couldn't resist, I know its not great with threshold but if it resolves it shouldn't matter)
4 Disenchant

Lands
21 Plains for now. No non-basics = good

Simple but effective. You could use some card drawing of some sort too, if so go blue.

Remember, Weenie decks don't need to have an answer to everything, they just need to swarm as quickly as possible.

G

Gizmo

Try mono-white before you go dual-color, you've got the cards to do it.

Erm. Why?
I dont understand the thinking behind that, because any mono deck is automatically worse than any two-colour deck simply because it has access to half as many cards.
So long as you can easily find the mana for your splash (does 12 legal dual lands count as easy?) then there is no reason NOT to add a splash of blue.

John O has posted a deck.
Surely the discussion ends there?
:)

Oh, and Pianna is just a non-Shadow version on that Soltari Champion. Look how much HE got played :(

M

Mikeymike

The logic behind it is that you can't beat the consistency of mono-color decks. What you lose in other colors you gain in solid cards which best fit in mono-color decks (eg: Longbow Archer). Plus, the card pool is there to build a mono-color deck.

Quick analysis of the Duals for a weenie.

- Adakar Wastes - Can't argue with this one
- Coastal Tower - If you are running 8 1 drops you seriously risk losing a turn 1 play. Coming into play tapped screws you're mana curve. The tap-duals are hard pressed to find a home in beatdown decks.
- Lairs - Again, can't play turn 1 and you lose a land drop. You don't have the time for it in a weenie deck
- The Odyssey dual - Again, a bad first turn drop. Plus these could slow you down if you are running a lot of WW or UU spells (like the Archer, Kirtar, Pianna, Counterspell, Glorious Anthem, etc.) Not friendly to Devoted Caretaker either

Not overly impressive for this type of deck. However, blue would be cool for the Meddling Mage (who you usually don't want to attack with), Fact or Fiction, and Stormscape Apprentice

Pianna (who gives the boost to herself also which the Soltari doesn't) is worth a shot in this environment b/c its a much slower enviroment then when the superior Soltari Champion (great card BTW) was around. The Champion didn't get played b/c no 3CC creatures were ever played (that I can remember) in weenie decks during the Rath-era type 2 besides Ball Lightning and Paladin En-Vec. Personally I never understood why, but I wasn't as on top of the scene then. Even still, she might be better as a Crusader, but who knows until its built.

John O's decks are cool, but neither of them are as aggressive as a mono white build. I'm sure they are better decks, but more ideas can't hurt.

G

Griffith_se

Yes, John'O,

Large amount of respect for his ability,
I would just copy his deck list exactly for serious play.

I was trying to go as mono white as possible, but figured I at
least need the versatility of Vindicate, since
we don't have plowshares, masticores,etc...

And since I splashed black I had to toss in Spectral Lynx.

That was my thought process, flawed as it may be.

J

John`O

Actually Pianna looks rather good now I've read it properly!

Its gives itself the bonus right?
So it can attack on its own as a 3/3?

The deck I've posted probbly has too many Sacrement/Anthems
really but I copied Griffiths first one whcih sort of had 8 as the basis of the deck.

John

edit : Soltari Champion wasn't that bad ,
won a Mox tourney once with a deck containing two of them.

D

Dead

Well if you really want to run black my suggestion would be throwing in phyrexian arena... i've been playing around with WW and found that it suffers from running out of steam fairly quickly, leaving you on a drip feed of weenies later in the game. The biggest issue would be mana-concerns with the BB in the casting cost and also no rituals any more. You could offset the lifeloss with confessor, verdict or maybe even a death grasp or just hope you can swarm them before the arena eats you.

G

Griffith_se

My all white version.

Shelter seems like it would be OK in here, wada ya think?

Pariah seems like it would be OK as a kind of
removal replacement.
Yeah, nah?

Heck, I don't know.
Is there really an advantage to playing mono color right now?
It seems that the new set kinda wants to lead us in that direction, or is it just Me?

Do you think they will come full circle, like this: Mono, 2color,3color,2color,mono?

Creatures 23
4 Devoted Caretaker
4 Mystic Penitent

3 Longbow Archers
4 Patrol Hound
4 Beloved Chaplin

2 Pianna, Nomad Captain
2 Lieutenant Kirtar

Other stuff 17
4 Glorious Anthem
2 Divine Sacrament

3 Disenchant

4 Shelter
4 Pariah

Lands 20
20 Plains

I

Istanbul

Invasion block kicks you towards tri-color.
I think Odyssey gives you a decent reason to play two-color again.
Mono-color is...risky.

B

bloit

Originally posted by Gizmo
I see no reason to play a mono deck.
well, there are going to be a lot of sturdy WW cards in obc and t2 as of nov 1. i haven't looked at this deck :( should have, but havent, i just thought i'd give you a reason.

I

Istanbul

Would you play Rebels or Counter-Rebel?

Yeah, me too.

That's why. Mono-color White Weenie will work. Dual-color White Weenie with a splash of something else will work better.

M

Mikeymike

You can't really compare WW and Rebel is this respect. What made counter rebel much better is b/c in mono-white the cards in your hand later in the game were pretty much useless extra creatures (unless someone Wrathed). In counter-rebel, those cards were usually counter/control cards.

By and large, all the rebel decks were more like control decks than they were textbook WW decks.

Plus, the creature efficiency between WW and Rebel can't even be compared. WW blows the rebels out of the water in terms of individual creature quality.

Another reason WW can survive right now, there aren't many viable sideboard options against it. Dual color decks might be better builds, but they are more difficult decks to get right and perfect. WW is easy, versatile, and consistent. Most importantly, it will win games.