have an idea against an annoying opponent, need help

L

Lazaroth

OK, basically, I often play this guy who uses a deck that simply relies on stealing your own creatures/lands/permanents. I saw something or Sideboard, about a guy who used Bribery, only to find out the only creature in his opponents deck was Desolation Angel, so he had to say Bu bye to all his own lands, and the angel was then Vindicated, and he lost. I wanted to use this idea to make a deck, but apart from Vindicate, Angel and Caves of Koilos,, I'm stumped. Can you help?

Deck:

Creatures:
4x Desolation Angel

Spells:
4x Vindicate

Land:
4x Caves of Koilos

I will edit the deck as I'm given ideas. Thank You!!

L

Loafing Giant

Spirit Links
Death Grasps
Phyrexian arena
The Black Sancuary

I don't Know anything else

If u splash green u can add

yavimaya dead
dual land(B/G)
Monger
Deed
Etc.

D

Darsh

Interesting idea but if you're not playing Type 2 only I've got another idea for you...

Mono Red Burn

Trust me, nothing but direct damage will irritate them to no end, but if you really want to rub it in you can put in Warmonger for the hell of it. First time I played this against the creature stealing mage he conceded before it was over, he also never brought that deck back again.

I

Istanbul

If his opponent is playing 'steal everything', it can't be Type II. Not decently, anyway.

Think 'Zuran Orb'.
Think 'Claws of Gix'.
Think...dare I say it...'Brand'.

Your opponent can't steal what isn't there.

L

Lazaroth

some cool ideas there. I'm after some brand, for the direct damage deck I already have! Problem is, I once gave all my red cards away (I was a newbie, and played just Black) So I am short on red burn :(
As for things like Spirit and War monger, they really wouldn't work, as he can steal literally everything of mine. One game, he stole all my creatures, all my permanents, and bounced all my land! :eek:

K

krichaiushii

Spirit Link is a creature enchantment that gives you life for each damage the creature deals.

Warmonger is a 3/3 Earthquake that ANY player can power, not just the controller.

Another option is to play creatures with upkeeps that you can handle, but your opponent cannot - Force of Nature, Demonic Hordes (good black card, that one), etc. Also, red has a series of creatures (most of which are Viashino) that bounce back to your hand at the end of the turn. Let him Bribery away those cards - he won't be able to cast them again.

If he is playing heavy theft, he might be light on countermagic. Take advantage of this by playing land destruction. Be an even more vicious person and get some Red Elemental Blasts and/or Pyroblasts. Both cost R to cast and counter or destroy target blue spell or permanent. Both were commons in their day.

Both red and green have some very unfriendly cards concerning blue. Many claim that color hosers are unfair, but it will get the point across. Tsunami and Boil come to mind, as do creatures that either have protection from blue and/or cannot be the target of spells or effects.

White has Presence of the Master, which prevents further enchantments from being played. While blue might counter or bounce it, it will take him by surprise the first time you drop it - maybe long enough to punch through with some heavy hitters.

That's all for today. Good gaming.

Killer Joe

Repulse
Boomerang
Equilibrium
Man-O-War
Gilded Drake
Seal of Removal
Capsize
Rescind
Tradewind Rider
Waterfront Bouncer
Wash Out
~or~
just play counter-hell! :)

Blue is Good, and, if you add Green!?

D

Dead

Instant-speed saccability is the key to stopping people from nabbing them- personal favourite altar of dementia to actually do something rather than deny them the card. Make their attempts even more futile with gravepact.

As most stealing cards tend to be enchantments or sorceries, try using critters with haste- ball lightning being the ultimate example.

Failing that, untargetables or pro:blue creatures will survive once they hit the board but still suffer from bribery.

L

Lotus Mox

If his only win conditions are creature stealing things, try this deck:

70 Islands

I think it would be hilarious if you could win with such an excuse of a deck. This would also prove that Islands are broken.

D

Duel

4x Red Elemental Blast
4x Pyroblast
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Boil/Brand
4x Shock
4x Seal of Fire
4x Fireblast
4x Obliterate
4x Kaervek's torch
4x Urza's Rage
4x Ghitu Encampments
4x Odyssey lands, the one that adds r for 1 damage, and has threshold 1r, sac: deal two damage to target creature or player.
12x mountains

C

Captain Caveman

Why not just play things that can't be stolen, from play.

This is currently my favorite casual one on one deck. Its not the
best, but its not to bad.

the Untouchable's
4 Tinder Wall
2 Nev's Disk
4 Blastoderm
4 Jolrael's Centaur
1 Autumn Willow
3 Treetop Village
4 Karplusan Forest
3 Taiga
8 Forest
7 Mountain
4 Incinerate
4 Fireball
4 Lightning Bolt
1 Hammer of Bogardan
4 Pillage
2 Hull Breach
3 Blurred Mongoose

D

Duel

*grins* I like it.

hands off.dec
4x Blastoderm
4x Blurred Mongoose
4x Kavu chameleon
4x Elvish Lookout
4x Jolrael's centaur
4x Citanul Centaur
4x Mogg Fanatic
4x Fires of Yavimaya
4x Saporling Burst
4x Karplusan Forests
6x Mountains
16x Forests

It's fires! Woo-hoo!

I

Istanbul

2x Morphling
4x Fleeting Image
4x Blinking Spirit
2x Voice of Reason

2x Evacuation
2x Sheltering Prayers
2x Purify

4x Counterspell
4x Absorb
4x Power Sink
4x Erase
2x Capsize

10x Plains
10x Island
4x Tundra

Your creatures bounce or are protected.
Purify and Erase clean house in case your opponent gets going. Evacuation steals your creatures back.
Countermagic is pretty obvious.
Sheltering Prayers keeps you in the clear for at least three land.

BTW...it might help if you told us HOW he stole your permanents.

L

Lazaroth

ok, so how does he steal stuff?
well, first theres Bribery. Then there's control magic. then confiscate, which he uses for my lands. then theres thalakos deceiver, and dominating licid. oh, and don't forget Treachery.
I think thats about it for stealing. Also, he DOES have countermagic. He has counterspells, misdirection, FoW, Rewind, and even MANA DRAIN!
Also, some of you have to take into account the availability of some of these cards. I mean, 2 Morphling, 4 Absorb and 4 Tundra??? Come ON! thats like $100, if not more. I don't have that money to throw around!
I do like Duel's Red Elemental Blast. I'm just gonna go stick those cards on my H/W List. any of you who HAVE them, feel free to make an offer. :D

K

krichaiushii

And such nice countermagic he has... perhaps Defense Grid, City of Solitude, and/or Flash Counter may put an end to that.

Scragnoth from Tempest not only has protection from blue, but cannot be countered. It says so right on the card. And as a 3/4, you can beat him down with just a little effort.

Mishra's Factory and the other Man-Lands (Treetop Village is best, though) evade countermagic and most of the theft cards - not all, but most.

Going R/G looks to be the best bet, providing nontargetable creatures, noncounterable spells, good manlands, and REB (as well as other hosers). Plus, R/G plays faster than those thrice-d***ed blue stall/control decks.

What size cardpool do you have available? With this knowledge, we can tailor our responses. Theoretically, at least.

That's all for now.

R

r00tg04t

I have 4 absorb for trade, if you are interested my AIM name is "r00tg04t", if you have something i need/want i might trade 4 tundra.

Oh, by the way... Here is my blue theft deck:

// Theft
3 Reins of Power
2 Confiscate
4 Treachery
4 Dominating Licid
4 Bribery
4 Rootwater Thief
// Counter Magic
2 Misdirection
4 Force of Will
4 Mana Drain
4 Counterspell
// Artifcats
2 Altar of Dementia
1 Sol Ring
1 Mox Sapphire
2 Cursed Scroll
// Land
18 Island
1 Library of Alexandria

L

Lotus Mox

Ransacs Idea is pretty cool (although I think Islands are better):

30 Plains
40 WoG and StP variants

I

Istanbul

Nevermind that. Here's your winning deck:

56x Mountain
4x Urza's Rage

Two kickered Rages should stop him cold...and he can't Misdirect, counter, or otherwise stop them.