I need your help and input, CPA!

R

Rando

Okee-Dokey, here's the skinny...

I, for lack of anything better to do in my spare time, am going to make a magic set. I will create the cards, to the best of my ablility, on my computer, print them off onto card-stock, the whole deal.

I got about 200 pieces of middle-age art of the 'net. I did this so if I ever actually post my fan-made set on the web, there will be no artist/copy-right issues.

So here's what's what...

Could any of you help me out in creating cards designed around a Medieval theame?

I'm talking cards that have to do with the great plauge, public exicutions, knights, monks, demons, the seven deadly sins, the seven saintly virtues, witch-craft, torture, the crusades, yada yada yada...

Can ya do that?

I would be very pleased!

Thank you in advance...

R

RPGJunkie

Me...join...yes...okee dokey...

You need to establish a theme for each colour:

White: Saintly virtues, townsfolk, medieval castles and knights.
Blue: Witchcraft and magic.
Black: Plague, terror, sin and torture.
Red: Crusades and pillaging.
Green: Monks and forest animals.

R

Rando

A theme for each color? Good idea...

Let's see, I like some of your ideas...

White - The Saintly Virtues, Angels, Knights, Townsfolk, Monks
Black - Demons, The Deadly Sins, The Plauge
Blue - Witch-craft, Scribing/Schollerly Activities, Posession
Red - Torture, The Inquisition, Barbarian Hordes
Green - Mythical Monsters, Druids, Woodsmen (Ala Robin Hood)

Ofcorse, there can be cross-color blending of the themes. An evil knight would be black, for instance.

The Black Plauge
Enchantment, BBB
When The Black Plauge comes into play, put a Plauge Token on target creature.
At the begining of any players upkeep, any creature with a plauge counter is destroyed and can not be regenerated. That creature's controller then puts a plauge counter on target creature.
If at any time there are no creatures in play, remove The Black Plauge from the game.
From town to town and from house to house, there was no family that did not suffer at the hands of the plauge...

Well? Kinda like Drop of Honey...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
What color would King Arthur be? White?

We need to have the card Crusade in this set, as well.

Ransac, cpa trash man

P

Prince RXI

I personally think that Aurther would be Red and White(Honor and Bravery). Here's a card...

RW3
Lancelot
Summon Legend
3/4
First strike
Attacking doesn't cause to tap

L

Loafing Giant

water torture
1RRR
Enchantment
RR, put a drip counter or water torture(use this ability only once per turn)
during target opponent's upkeep that player must tap lands equal to the number of drip counters on water torture or take 4 damage.
RRRR, sac. water torture, water torture deals X damage divided any way among any number of target creatures. X is equal to the number of drip counters on water torture.

"Drip....... Drip........Drip..........WILL SOMEONE STOP THAT INFERNAL DRIPPING!!!"

L

Loafing Giant

Shield monk
1WW
Creature-Monk
0: tap, put a -0/-1 counter on shield monk, put a 0/1 monk token into play this monk has"as long as this token is in play, if your life total is lowered to 0, your life is 1 instead; 0,pay 5 life: can't be targeted til end of turn.
1/7

M

Mike06447

Here is a card... which should be used in knight theme decks

Arthur's Charm (or it could be "The Round Table")
Enchantment
3WW
Whenever a Knight card is put in a graveyard from play its controler puts x 1/1 Angel tokens into play... where x is the knight's power. If an angel token leaves play put another 1/1 angel token into play.

"True Knight's Never Die"
--Mike, The Possesed Goblin

P

Prince RXI

Here's another one...

Aurther's legacy
Legendary Artifact
2, tap: target creature gets +2/+2 and is a legend till end of turn.
5, tap: return a legend from the graveyard to play.
2: add 1 White or Red mana to your mana pool.

"He who ever pulleths out this sword from this stone will rightfully be named the right and true King of all England" -Insripted just above Excalabur's hilt

Prince RXI, And he walked for a long, long, long, long...

I

Istanbul

Excalibur 5
Legendary Artifact
3, T: Target creature gets +2/+0 and first strike until end of turn. If the chosen creature deals combat damage to any opponent, gain its toughness in life. If the chosen creature blocks or is blocked by any non-white creature, destroy that creature.
The acquisition of Excalibur was the lynchpin that completed King Arthur's rule.

B

Bob

Knight of the Round Table WW
Creature-Holy Knight
First Strike
If Knight of the Round Table attacks, it must be blocked. If it cannot be be blocked, it cannot attack.
When Knight of the Round Table Blocks, it gets +1/+5
4/1

King Arthur WWWW2
Creature-Knight King Legend
First Strike
Protection From Black
WW, T: All Holy Knights and Paladin Knights can beblocked by creatures that cannot block white creatures until end of turn. They also gain protection from White.
4/6

Holy Paladin WWWW
Creature-Paladin Knight
First Strike
Trample
If Holy Paladin attacks, it must be blocked. If it cannot, it cannot attack.
When Holy Paladin blocks, it gets +1/+4
5/2

Dark Knight of the Plague BB
Creature-Demon Knight
Flying
First Strike
Dark Knight of the Plague cannot block White Creatures.
5/1

Demon Lord BBBB2
Creature-Demon King Legend
Flying
First Strike
Protection from White
BB, T: Demon Creatures gain protection from White until end of turn.

Demon Knight
Creature-Demon Paladin
Flying
Trample
First strike
Demon Knight cannot block White creatures.
6/2

Ok, this is a bit confusing, but it makes sure that until one of the teams gets a legend out, no one gets hurt. If Arthur gets out first, the Demons are doomed, but if the demon Lord gets out, then the Knights have no hope. If they are both out, it can be interesting.

B

Bob

And then, I'd think Lancelot would have the "Cannot attack unless it is able to be blocked" and the pumping when blocked.

M

Multani

Camelot
Legendary Land
Tap: Add W or U to your mana pool
All blocking creatures you control gain +0/+2 until end of turn.
Destroy Camelot if you control no Knights with W in it's casting cost.

"Camelot was the stronghold of King Arthur and the home of the Knights of the Round Table. Personally, I always thought it had a touch of divine magic to it as well." --Modern day Historian

Merlin 2UU
Creature-Wizard Legend
1/2
Merlin cannot be the target of spells or abilities as long as Camelot remains in play.
1WU: All attacking Knights you control gain flanking.
2UU: All attacking Knights you control gain flying.
4WUUU: Phase out all creatures you control. When they return to play, give all Knights a +1/+1 token. If King Arthur is in play, all Knights gain an additional +1/+0 token.

Merlin was King Arthur's friend, mentor, councillor, and a master of magic. It is no wonder he was held in such high respect by all for an old man with a pointed hat.

Well, what do you think? Flames, comments, suggestions?
P.S. I went one step further with some of Portal 3's mechanics involving legends.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Knight of the Damned
3BBB
7/2
Summon- Knight legend
Swordmanship( If ~this~ is blocked by a creature without swordmanship, the blocking creature is destroyed)
First Strike
" Those who oppose me have the pleasure of seeing their own entrails before they die"

well what do you guys think.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think either you should stick with the "King Arthur and Camelot" theme or historical medieval (which is how I read the initial request), but don't mix the two or you'll get unfocused.

R

Rando

Um....

I go away for the weekend, and everything changes.

Yes, I was thinking more along the lines of acttual medieval, historical stuff.

Of coarse, there would be mythical-type things, but nothing specific, such as Arthur...(which was dark-age, post Roman Britan anyway, not medieval)

But, I do indeed appretiate your enthusasim!

L

Loafing Giant

Bedemere
3WRR
creature-Knight of the Round Table
WRR, tap, Target attacking Holy knight or Paladin knight gains "Swordsmanship" until end of turn

If a creature with "Swordsmanship" was put into a graveyard from play this turn return that creature to play with 2 +1/+1 counters on it,
skip your next untap step if more than 2 creatures were returned in this way.
4/8

L

Loafing Giant

The Hangman
4BBR
Creature-Executioner
When The Hangman comes into play put 2 noose counters on two target creatures
BBR, sac. a land, put a noose counter on target creature.

Tap, Sac. The Hangman, Destroy all creatures with noose counters on them.
If Hangman is put into the graveyard from play remove all noose counters from the game.
1/4