The battle of the Jjinns!

F

FoundationOfRancor

Nettletooth Jjinn
3G
4/4
During your upkeep, this deals 1 damage to you.

Or

Juzam Jjinn
2BB
5/5
During your upkeep, this does one damage to you.

There you have it, two great Jjinns from the two best colors at getting mana out fast. Which do you prefer, what format do you prefer it in, and why?

Personally, I would love to see NettleTooth Jjinn reprinted in the current gold format (granted that Armageddon never gets printed).

Yourself?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think the Juzam is better, because of its extra power and toughness. I have no idea which is better in which format, although because the Juzam is black it avoids a lot of black removal that says "non-black".

E

Ephrils

Green has better creatures for about the same price too. the Nettletooth wouldn't be my first choice. I suppose if you were booster drafting the Nettletooth would be excellent. In any constructed format there's better choices, a given being the Blastoderm, with although has GG in the casting cost, still finds itself splashed into other colored decks.

As long as black has the Dark Ritual or a lesser equalivalent, the Juzam will always be good. Even cast on turn 4 it's still something to be reckoned with.

T

Turtlewax Joe

ERNHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Dune Echo

Green got shafted on that comparison. The only other creature that compares in size, ability, and cost to Juzam Djinn is Blastoderm. Blastoderm is a godsend for the casual player and allows some one to actually have a creature worthy of Type 1 easily and cheaply.