fun with Pink

• Thread starter Azreal the Soulmaster
  • Start date
A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I have this little red white deck i'm workin' on.

creatures-24
4x savannah lions
4x soltari foot soldier
4x soul warden
4x jackal pup
4x mogg conscripts
4x mogg fanatic
spells-20
4x swords to plowshares
4x lightning bolt
4x incinerate
2x shock
2x shahrazad
2x fork
2x Wheel of Fortune
land 16
7 plains
9 mountains

the thing i'm really want to know is if the land count is okay or not, nothing in the deck costs over two.
comments are more then welcome

O

olwen

It would be better if you replaced 3 plains and 5 mountains with 4 plateau and 4 battlefield forge. It's not just the number of lands, it's the probability of having that color available at all.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

yeah, I have to get some dual lands for this deck since the cards either cost R, RR, W, WW

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you might consider adding Armageddons since the loss of land won't really hurt you is everything's 2cc or less.

Fun stuff:

Sunglasses of Urza
Crusade
Purelace
Wheel of Fortune
A Fireball for bigger creatures

Not all of those go together (Armageddon and Wheel, for instance). But if you're interested in fun... :)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

the armageddon's are a great idea. I never thought of that.

P

Pezmeister

Originally posted by Azreal the Soulmaster
2x shahrazad
bastard!

you might want to consider jihad (since i guess this is a type one deck...), although the www casting cost might throw things off. also think about maybe furnace of rath for a quicker kill (bad synergy w/ battlefield forge, tho - maybe use undiscovered paradise or somesuch instead?), or ball lightning for the same reason. wheel of fortune is almost a must in a deck like this, or howling mine/grafted skullcap.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I can most likely get my grubbbly little hands on 2 revised wheel of fortune. I think i'll replace 2 shock with them.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

i think that a final fortune or two would be nice in this deck, that way you know you can kill them. i have 1 if you would like. lata...and azreal, what do you look like anyways? to be jealous at me?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I can see how final fortune, could be good in this deck, but I think it'll work well without the extra turn. oh and Riva, I only wish i had a scanner.