4 rage
4 shock

control
4 wildfire
1 tecbrake
3 pyroclasm
2erathquake

side in the making

the base is simple to see i gane control by the burn and ld put something big out and hit 4 or 5 times for the kill so what you think i have play tested it and it dose very well but could be better thaks

T

Turtlewax Joe

If no one else is going to say it I will. How in the H**L do you expect to to drop a Shivan Dragon and pump it up shortly after a WildFire When YOU ONLY HAVE 22 LANDS!!!!!!!!????? And to top that off you have the nerve to only run 3 non-land mana sources??????
No wonder it could DO BETTER! and with so much removal in T II how do you expect to keep a fattie on the board for 4-5 turns?
And as long as your running so many uncastable red sorcerries.....why not oblitterate???? Oh! I know! You only havr 22 F***ing MANA!!!! but then again that seems to be the theme with this deck!

I'm sorry the old Turtlewax Joe seems to want to get out more and more these days. It felt good to rant but again.....I am sorry if this offended anyone.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Allow me to explain.

This member used this deck, along with me and my U/W deck, to win a Two-headed Giant tournament, so I know how it won singles games: it kept stalling land. Once he's got an idol and a Scoria Cat on the table, the Wildfire does wonders all around. The dragon is definitely an advantage, but like you said, TJ, with all the removal today, how do you when. Hope that they aren't playing terminate. OR, if he can lock them down long enough, I have seen this deck win many games with the Rage's.

However, this is not a praise the deck thread. It's an improvement thread. I believe he should take out the dragons and put in some stone rains or pillages. But, of course, someone always says that I am wrong, so I'll shut up now.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

Daken Lord of Soul's

hi the land base as i have seen is fine but i see what you meen it would seem to not have a right amount and sorry there are 24 lands 20 mountian sorry agine the dragon is there for the decks that cant deal with them and this is not a ld deck good bye

T

Turtlewax Joe

ok, thanx for the exp. Ransac, but if he wants to cast the big creatures BEFORE the Wildfire he will have alot of time so possibly a cut to 2-3 Wildfires would be more viable and in those slots go a more solid mana base.

Daken Lord of Souls- Try using periods. It helps get your point accross. and is much easier to understand.

I

Istanbul

I'd lose a Scoria Cat and a Shivan Dragon for 2x Sisay's Ring.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Unfortunately, it was printed in 7th Edition (I say unfortunately because I would have preferred Thran Dynamo).

The rest of the post is not only pure conjecture, but bad conjecture. Do not follow it. You have been warned.

I've always wanted to put Mana Cache in one of these decks, but I doubt it would work.

I

Istanbul

I would've preferred Thran Dynamo too, but that's life. Sisay's Ring is a good second choice, and it IS mana acceleration, and it'd survive Wildfire.

C

Chaos Turtle

I would trade two or three of the Shivan Dragons for land or another Fire Diamond.

Consider Pillage. It kills land and Idols, which your Wildfire won't.

It looks like you're going for early to midgame control, with a midgame Scoria Cat to clean house. One Shivan should be enough, as you have a lot of high-cost stuff in here. The fact that you won a two-headed giant tournament with this should not encourage you to play it in duels, as just about any deck that plays things early -- flyers in particular -- is going to overrun you.

Boil in the sideboard is a must, or counter decks will eat you alive. Even then, must decent decks have alternate sources of blue mana.

If you are relying on Idols for early beats/defense, then seriously consider replacing the Shocks with Seal of Fire. You don't want to be tapped out and really need to do two points of damage right away. Sure, you have the Fire Diamonds, but those are there mainly to keep you going after Wildfire.

Consider Veteran Brawlers for early beats. With your Ports, your opponent will have to be very careful about playing things early, as tapping out usually loses 4 life. This can give you the time to get more mana into play, followed by a Scoria Cat.

Good luck.