What IRC channel do you guys use to play Apprentice

R

rakso

I confess... I was only able to successfully download mIRC and Apprentice last night, and had my first online game with Shadow (owner of BDominia) this noon (or about 2:00 AM in the East Coast).

The Beyond Dominia regulars have the #BDchat channel on Newnet, but I was wondering what the regular Magic channels are. Do you guys frequent anything in particular?

G

Gizmo

There are people online 24/7 natch. Different times = different parts of the world online, as always.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The CPA has its own channel. although the name escapes me for the moment since I don't "hang out" there, I just go to coordinate with Griffy on the rare occasion I can play. It's the one you get to from the main page.

T

theorgg

You can somtimes find me on Newnet with #type-random, #apprentice, #i-magic, #devo, and #nerdly(the last two are not Magic related, just similar interest related...)

M

Mundungu

I'm usually on Newnet #apprentice

Many Efnet channels simply ban aol users, and well, I am one of them.

So no mtgwacky or other Efnet for me ....

R

rakso

I played 3 guys in that last 2 days on #apprentice.

ALL three disconnected right after or right before I won.

Hmmm...

I

Istanbul

That's bad etiquette, but very common. Lots of people on Apprentice don't like to lose, some of the locals around here included.

R

rakso

Locals?

I guess sometimes I'd just like to know if I'm up against some little kid.

Not that I'd look down on him, but it's almost as though he expected not to get thrashed by misplaying the Inquest Deck of the Millennium!

R

rkoelsch

With the advantage of having many opponents available you get the disadvantage that many of them are buttheads. I think a lot of people use #apprentice to playtest decks and if you are not playing a deck they can categorize they will disconnect. I understand time is limited but there are rogue decks in every environment and playtesting against rogue would be useful I would think.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't this come up a couple of months ago?

That's why when I do get a chance to play Apprentice, I try to play Griffy or someone else I know from here, so I don't meet a mentally immature player. :)

I

Istanbul

Spidey - You got ICQ, G-dogg? I could use another opponent.

BTW, where can one find the Apocalypse patch? (Yes, it's been THAT long.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No ICQ. I can't even remember what I have, it's been so long.

I also don't play online very frequently due to time (although that may be changing in September. I'll keep ya posted if it does.

You can get the update here

T

theorgg

Rakso- ICQ is probably the best way to get a collection of good opponents together. #apprentice has several people who are deathly stuck up on themselfs to the point of Hampsterness. It's free, too, and many people that have come to the CPA have it... 48, according to my list, and probably more.

I hope to play you somtime over the 'net, and maybe alot of you if the damn Nautilus program ever gets put out...

[Orgg!! For Shame! -Spiderman]

[Hey, I see what you're doing, theorgg.... - Spidey ;) ]

N

Neil Rigby

I generally go online and play/hang out at :
#apprentice, #typerandom on newnet
and:
#mtguk, #mtgplay on EFnet

My nick is usually NRigby, or NeilRigby

I'm not very original when it comes to nicknames :p

T

theorgg

How do I log into Efnet?

It doesn't work when I try to get into it...

I'm using PircH, if that matters...

R

rakso

Jeez... just played against some guy named Kristoffe.

He plays R/W/G Sneak Attack with no defense.

Then flamed me for playing counterspells against him.

Specifically, Mana Draining Sneak Attack into Morphling.

How do you get ICQ?

R

rakso

How do you get on to EFNet? I can't connect to a single server.