CPA + MTGNews

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by Istanbul
It's the whole 'small town vs. big city' argument.
Well, more like 'smaller city vs. big city,' but I agree.
(How many members does MTGNews have anyway? I couldn't find out, because whenever I even go to their site, my browser crashes.)

Anyway, I wouldn't know, because I've never been able to go there.

U

urzassedatives

Originally posted by @rch Devil
I used to post on MTGnews, but I believe that CPA is better. Here's a list of all the reasons:

1. MTGnews caught spammers like the plague.
2. More and more "interesting" members of MTGnews left or aren't posting anymore and are being replaced by quite possibly some of the most boring people in the world.:D
3. DG has sort of abandoned the site and hasen't been working on it too much. The only changes so far seem to be for the bad (smaller signatures, Global Mods, etc.)
4. CPA has that cool thing that allows you to change everything in your posts without typing in all of the fricken tags!
5. Instead of avatars, CPA uses ASCII pictures which don't clog up all of the bandwith.
6. More people like Krispy Kreme donuts here than MTGnews....
7. All of the above.
1)Yes, but I am dealing with that, as are all the other moderators.
2)We get about 20 new members a day, so we gain more interesting people than we lose. The only person I really remember and miss is BLoD.
3)DG is back. The small sigs and global mods were anti-spam measures.
4)So does mtgnews. (you have to turn it on though)
5)I don't see much of a speed difference.
6) I don't like them.
7) No comment

This is an objective argument, but I love to talk about rumors, and there are none here.
I love mtgnews to death. I am shocked you people would get so nasty. I have nothing against this little message board, it's actually quite cool.
To miss out on the news aspect will leave you ignorant and uninformed, and that's not good.
For the social aspect, I can see how you people like this better, but I have lots a favorite people at mtgnews.

-And about that period argument, everytime I see a post with bad grammar or punctuation, I fix it. It just hurts my heads to read them.

I

Istanbul

...except the CPA is better than MTGnews. :)
We've been nasty? News to me...

@

@rch Devil

CPA is superior, simple as that! Also, DG is turning everyone into mods!

I

Istanbul

He is?

Hey, I was kidding! MTGnews rules! I wanna be a mod there too! :D

@

@rch Devil

I was exagerating a bit:D...anyway yes, there are too many mods for their own good! I don't know how the modding process goes, but i think it's based on who can play tiddly-winks successfully.:D

D

Dementia

*Whispers* Um, people with glass mods shouldn't throw stones there Spidey;)

CPA's mod standards are a lot higher......gotta wear tight spandex:D

I love both the sites:)

Boy, this is turning into a fight almost......

CPA AND MTGNEWS BOTH SUCK:mad:

(Both sides join together to beat the crap outta Dementia)

How nice, you guys are working together:)

I mean......OUCH:(

A

Almindhra

I think the CPA is better because we have the HOTTEST babes of Magic right here.....:p ...

E

ErinPuff

Whoa, there are only two semi-active females now? Yikes.. I'd better drag over all my friends.. *evil grin* I've been trying to get Zhaneel to come back, but she hasn't..

Z

Zadok001

There isn't a better/worse comparison. It's a matter of personal preference, and I like the CPA more. :) Besides, I'm kinda attached to it after all these years...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We haven't heard much from Almindhra or you, ErinPuff, so make that two semi-active and one pretty active :)

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Zadok001
There isn't a better/worse comparison. It's a matter of personal preference,
Oh, I agree!
Except that CPA is better than MTGnews. :D

A

Almindhra

Hey, I'm around, I'm still here...I check the boards at least 2 times a day, usually more......

Z

Zadok001

Yah, yah, yah... Whatever, Isty. :) Whatever you say, goes...