Offensive Signatures ???

@

@rch Devil

Question to all high posters or Mods or Founders and such:

Where do you draw the line for offensive signitures or posts? If someone were to place an ASCII drawn middle finger in their signature, would that be considered offensive? Or if someone quoted music lyrics with objectionable themes (not kursing, but just the idea) in a post would it be deleted? Not that I would do anything like that :D:D:D but I am just wondering what the basic rules are in terms of sig. or post content.

A

Almindhra

We're pretty PC here, sometimes to my disgust...You can say breasts on here, my sig is ok, but some things just don't work here...

K

K9Archmage

well, you can't say some things such as curse words.
The middle finger wouldn't be good.
I'm pretty sure the song lyrics would be OK, though.

Hoipa

H

Hetemti

If you don't like them, turn them off in your settings.

I turned them off.

C

Chaos Turtle

I'm not sure how "PC" we are (I am not a fan of that movement myself) but we are more "family-friendly" than most. Basically, if it's acceptable on prime-time network television (American-style; I have no idea what is or isn't acceptable in other nations) we'll let it slide here.

The borderline stuff is more or less left up to the members. If people start complaining, the mods will remind the "offender" to play nice. :)

N

Namielus

I think it just boils down to, Will it offend people reading your posts? (for example lyrics aren't really that bad) and second if your told by a moderater or by another member that your offending people, I think that you should stop what ever it is.

Just follow the golden rule, "Treat others as you wish to be treated"

PS if you like people to hurt your feelings your an airhead....

I

Istanbul

Who gives a crap? Express yourself. If you have half a brain, you'll know what's blatantly offensive, and not do it. If you don't, it won't matter either way.

@

@rch Devil

I DO have a WHOLE brain :D and I understand but I'm trying to get the feel of just how "family oriented" this site is. Now, I understand so no more replies are necessary.

Z

Zadok001

Basically, don't go overboard. We have enough mods to see it when you do something bad, and we delete/edit it. Spam will be deleted. Excessive cursing will be deleted. But we expect the people here are capable of exerting self-control, and not spamming up our boards. :) Play nice.