Why do I even bother?

P

PTQ

Why is it that I never get more then 2 or 3 replies to my decks?

I'm just a strugling Magic players looking for tips where ever I can find them. I post on many boards, but I never get many responses.

Is there something about me or my decks that puts people off? I find it very, VERY hard to believe that they are so good that no one has any advice. That's just a silly idea. I also don't think that they are so bad that everyone is trying to keep from hurting my feeling by not posting anything. I know I don't suck that much.

So, should I just move along, or keep trying?

J

Jake74

It's just that some people won't post unless it is a deck that they would play. I would never post on a Type 1 deck, I have no idea about T1... even some T2 decks I wouldn't post, I just don't play some kinds of decks and have no concept of what is good for that kind...
Don't feel bad, I'm sure people look at them still.

T

Turtlewax Joe

]HEllOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! cool upgrade!

I have the same prob, Thanks for the help Jake! I fixed the mana curve and am running opt and will post the finished project soon.

If you have a qualm about which card to use in your deck, post it int the single card strategy board and people might ask for your deck list then tell them it's at the decks forum and to post there. It might be a little out of the way but it's worth it!:D

G

galtwish

Here's what I reply to (in order, more or less):

What I'm interested in

If I have some experience in the area and I can add what I think could be a valuable tidbit that gets the creativity flowing

If the deck needs a lot of help AND wants to be competative

Topics that I feel need to be kept alive

I don't reply to:

"Here's my Spiritmonger/Deed deck..." (same deck over and over again)

I want to make these cards work, and I won't listen to other suggestions (I don't want to use better/more appropriate cards)

Posts that I don't have anything constructive to add to

But this is just my code. If you do or don't get posts from me, the above reasons are usually the motivations. Or I may just be acting caprecious. You can always email me if you want my opnion on something.

Erik

P

Pezmeister

you might also find that a lot of casual players play type 1, 1.5, or extended. thus, they don't really care much about type 2. i'm only pointing this out because your most recent post was concerning a t2 deck.

I

Istanbul

I only reply if I have something constructive to add.
This keeps me quiet much of the time. :p

G

Gerode

First of all, I only respond to casual decks. Also, I need to get an explanation of a deck before I can add any constructive criticism. I don't understand decks by looking at a list of cards; I gotta get a feel for how they play and what their weaknesses are.