Collections?

I

Istanbul

Lots of people collect certain kinds of cards. I've seen people collect Atogs, Lightning Bolts...

Me, I collect the following:
Kezzerdrix (58 and counting!)
Purraj of Urborg (19 and counting!)
Mirri, Cat Warrior (10 and counting!)

and my chief fascination...

KNIGHTS!!!

...of which my current count is 1199. (Of course, this counts cards such as Waylay and Errand of Duty, which put Knight tokens into play, and Opal Champion, which becomes Knight).

So, I guess it's time to make my point...

What do YOU collect, and do you want to try to organize a trade? :)

T

theorgg

This is called "Ranching" a card. where the slang comes from I havn't the foggiest, but it's pretty cool.

my Simian Grunt ranch filled thirty of the starter boxes w/them on the front.
I quit when I couldn't find any more boxes for them.

If possible, I'll also ranch kobolds(small farm, only one of each 0 casting one right now) Ornithopters(I use to have a 4th starter box full, but I lost it...), Phrexian Walker(only eight currently) and may start ranching Skyshroud butta... errr cutter.(the art is just COOL! :cool:)

and anything that isn't from sixth ed with Ian Miller's art.
can't forget him.

so what if it looks like he painted his pictures with wax while high on LSD and then melted it??

O

Ophidian

I started collecting dark rituals a few weeks ago, I haven\'t gotten very far, yet

U

Ura

I was "ranching"
lotus petals (57)
and Chaos Confetti (41)

But the confetti met with an unfortunate end as the grasping hands of doom came down from the heavens and plucked them away one by one only to let their pieces rain down upon the others.
As for the petals, I still got them around somewhere.
i think I'll go after voices next. :D

G

Gizmo

I think my friend Brian Connelly wins this one:

Brian collects Lchenthrope.
564 and counting!!

There are no more in the UK that we know of - he has everybody he knows looking around for them and told to offer to buy them for him, and all the card stalls just give him any they get because they know they`ll never sell them anyway.

M

Mundungu

my sister collects all goblins OR cards that refer to goblins ( e.g. if a gob is cited in the flavor text or seen in the art). Only one of each though.

For me it was white knights for a while but I got one for every edition now, that enough...

F

FoundationOfRancor

I collect slivers! I have at least 4 of every sliver (except for the queen! I only have 1!)

Z

Zadok001

I'm not a really serious collector, but I have all but two or three Vine Trellises out of school. I also collect Eaters of the Dead and Phyrexian Portals, mainly for the art. :)

Killer Joe

I collect Portal and Portal II land. Of those, Portal II Islands are my favorite. I started to collect old Arena prize lands but I am not getting too far.

A

arhar

Yeah!!!

So far the Cyclopean Mummy army consists of:

9 English Legends
9 Foreign BB 4th/Italian Legends
4 English 4th WB

and.

... Drumroll please

.. ONE UNIQUE Blue-Boarded Cyclopean Mummy!!!!

As far as I know, only one in the world exists, and it's MINe!! All MINE!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Big THANKS to everyone I traded with in CPA for the throw-in Mummies... and to whoever traded me that Blue Boarded one (CPA Member, too!) - THANKS!!!!

Soon... soon... everyone will BEHOLD the POWER of Cyclopean Mummy.. BWAHAHHA!!

T

The Magic Jackal

I collect unglued tokens. Yeah there pretty cool. what intimitades your opponents more that generating squirrels with your phyrexian processor?

C

Chaos Turtle

UnGlued Tokens!
And land from as many different sources as possible (sets, APAC, UnGlued...) even if it's only one of each (like the ridiculously expensive APAC... luckily I got a good deal).

S

Spaceman Spiff

beebles..........BEEBLES!!!!!
yes, thats right I collect beebles...
and so far I dont have that many I want more tho...

T

theorgg

the question is who DOESN:T collect unglued tokens?

and there is somthing worse than beating down with phrexian squirrels--being beaten down by Mr. Hanky tokens.
I think the guy used an image editor to clip out the zombie and paste Mr. Hanky onto a token...
who knows.

blue boardered mummmy...
chuckle

G

galtwish

I collect Stone Rain. I used to have 1 from each set, except Alpha, Beta and non-English BB, but I've been selling them off. Nothing like dropping a Tempest Stone Rain, Mirage Stone Rain, and then an Ice Age Stone Rain on your opponent out of a Ponza deck. Maybe that's why I like it so much.
The coolest collection I ever saw was a Hypnotic Specter collection with an Alpha a couple Betas, 1 of each foreign BB, and the artist's proof. I was impressed.

Z

Zadok001

Speaking of artist proofs, and going WAY off topic here... How much is my artist proof of Craw Giant worth? Anyone got a clue? I can't play it, so I wanna know if I can sell the thing for any value...

"What do you mean, it's got a WHITE back?"

L

Legend Master

I collect Summon Legends, Legendary Lands, and anything else that has to do with Legends, like Willow Satyr and the banding lands. I'm finally getting the final Legends I need very soon, and then I'll have every one ever printed (well, at least until Prophecy comes out...) I am also on a self-appointed crusade to burn all copies of the most evil card in existence, Arena of the Ancients. Or at the very least I'll have to sideboard in a Shattering Pulse :)

M

Mr_Pestilence

I have over 1,000 (I quit counting) Pestilences from Alpha - present, including several foreign versions. In keeping with the theme, I also collect Thrashing Wumpi, Crypt Rats, and Pestilence Rats.

Galtwish: I have tons of Stone Rains with your name on them, email me! My Ponza deck has Stone Rains from Ice Age, Tempest, Mirage, and Portal!

I'm glad to hear that "ranching" is catching on. I started with my Pestilences about 3-4 years ago. I have a theory behind this - you know those boxes (and boxes and boxes) of unsellable crap that every dealer has? Well, if every Magic player picked a card and aggressively collected them, those boxes would eventually disappear! Offer to make a deal - go through the boxes, pull out the "theme" cards you want, and maybe even organize the other stuff in exchange for a deep discount on what you pull out. They might go for it! (They weren't going to sell them anyway).

So, do your local landfill a favor - find a worthless card and see how many you can get. Email me - I have quantities of pretty much any theme card you can imagine, and I'm always willing to trade!

S

Spaceman Spiff

I've said it once, i'll say it again...
BEEBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

M

Mordecai

I collect DWARVESES!!

I have at 4 of all of them except the Demolition Team and the Weaponsmith, because they're REALLY OLD.

I specifically collect the Dwarven Berserker, and my collection recently hit a total of 78.

I also collect Soltari Trooper (38) and Ranger en-Vec (only 21).

I collect Disenchants and am trying to get 3 of every one there is. I'm currently only lacking Alpha, Beta, Revised, and the DCI one.