14 island
4 underground river
3 salt marsh
1 swamp
1dust bowl

ill post the side later tell me what you think and thaks for your time

G

Gizmo

Well the list only has 58 cards in, so I guess he must have missed something.

I think with 23 land and 4 Dominate - what he's missing is more land. Probably the last two slots need to be land to power all those Dominates.

R

Rando

Maybe he missed 2 Nether Spirits? That would make sense, I guess. But more land is needed, so how about...

+2 Nether Spirit
-1 Treasure Trove
-1 Spite/Malice
+2 Swamp

That would be 60, and make game one winnable vs. a deck with no creatures.

D

Daken Lord of Soul's

hmm now name a deck that dose not play a creacher in a good typ 2 deck there are no and if so i side aginst it

D

Daken Lord of Soul's

now the side i will tell you y i play all of the cards

3 ostracize fires and any deck that has alot of creatures in it this is also good for what they side agints me like creatures that cant be counterd

3 duress good for other counter decks and oblit

2 millstone control decks

2 tsabo's web port

2 decree

2 misdirection

there is one spot open and not shure what to put in

I

Istanbul

-4 Undermind
+4 Undermine

Undermine has a far better effect than Undermind, which I'm not sure is Type 2 legal.

-4 Fact or Fictshin
+4 Fact or Fiction

Same reason as Undermind.

-4 AK
+4 Accumulated Knowledge

I don't think guns are legal in Magic.

L

Lotus Mox

here are some good decks which don't play creatures in type 2:

U/W Millstone Control (the top deck along with Fires)
U/G Saproling Burt (you can dominate a sap token but that's hardly sufficent)
R Wildfire Cap/Bridge

to win vs. these decks 1st game you have to memory lapse some spells of you and try to deck them :D

G

Gizmo

Doh, me so thick. Can't even count to 60 cos I only have 58 fingers. :(

I still think you`d need at least one kill method in here.

T

Turtlewax Joe

Maybe you should listen to people, instead of argue. I learned that ya dumb Newbie. I was banned sinse January for arguing! So learn it now,*cough* *spaz* *cough*
Ok sorry for being harsh but if someone saw you deck they would say it sucked and give you suggestions, if you take those suggestions as constructive criticism you have just made yourself a better person. If you deny the sugg. you have just started an arguement and made an enemy.
you have just made some enemies early on, your deck sucks. add creatures, and learn to spell. Maybe you should learn to cope with criticism. You have just had your first CPA conduct lecture.

D

Daken Lord of Soul's

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH NOW THAT YOU HAVE STOPED TALKING I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD ALL TOGETHER SHUT UP AND FOR YOUR INFO I PLAY WITH SOME OF THE BEST PLAER IN THE COUNTRY SO BEFOR YOU GO AND TELL ME THAT MY DECK SUCKS WHAT ABOUT YOU SO THINK BEFOR YOU SPEAK AND IF YOU KNEW A THING YOU MITE OF RELLIZED THIS WHAT IS PLAYED WHERE YOU ARE MAY NOT BE PLAYED WHERE I AM SO SOME THINGS PEOPLE SAY MAY HAVE NO CON TEXS GOOD BYE

D

Daken Lord of Soul's

AND YES I HAVE PLAYED SINS BETA SO YOU ARE MORE THAT LIKELY THE NEWBIE

D

Daken Lord of Soul's

AND GIZMO
I WILL MOST LIKE LIKELY PUT ONE OF SOME TYP IN MAYBY A ALADINS RING KILLS IN 5 TURNS

G

Gizmo

I`m going to get in here before anybody else tries to put out this fire with gasoline I think.

1) What Turtlewax said was out of line. Nothing is more dumb, and more likely to start a slanging match, than making comments about somebody`s background when you don`t have any relevant information.
I think Turtlewax just got HIS first CPA conduct lecture.
(the lesson is don`t give lectures because they only upset the subject, as no doubt you are feeling now)

2) But he did have a point. If a lot of people are giving the same advice then it is usually foolish to disregard it out of hand.

3) I think Draken should spend a little less time pressing Caps Lock and a little more time spellchecking. I`m fairly sure that English isn`t your first language, Draken, so I`m not expecting you to be grammar-perfect (hell, none of the rest of us are) but it could certainly do with a bit of a touch up. But thats a minor gripe.

Moving on to actual Magic things.
I think right now the deck is very slow. If you meet Fires you are almost entirely dependent on using your countermagic to stay alive - and there is no way that is going to provide a realistic answer to allt he threats, especially as it will take a long time to get enough land into play to make Dominate a serious anti-Fires weapon (say UU5 to take a Flametongue) and 23 land is simply far too few.
Last time I didn`t make any serious comments, this time I will.

-4 Memory Lapse
-1 Dominate
-1 Spite/Malice
-1 Fact Or Fiction or Treasure Trove
(I`d drop Trove, you`d probably drop FoF)

+4 Opt
+3 Repulse

Memory Lapse is relatively strong in the mirror matches, but weaker against other decks. Most heavy-blue control builds use Repulse in this role, to slow their offence while also gaining the card advantage, but in this case your +1 advantage is better than their -1 advantage (from Memory Lapse) as they are the side who is struggling to develop a tempo curve anyway. Repulse is also better topdecked - you can't expect to counter everything and without creatures it only takes a 2/2 creature to put a reasonable clock on you.
Opt is just great. In a deck like this it`s virtually a must.

Aladdins Ring seems slow. I would just say that in my opinion there is probably a reason why people use Nether Spirit. If you`ve only got one slot for a kill, however, you`d want the creature to be relatively hard to kill and to win fast - something of Fat Motti proportions. The logic of avoiding using creatures because it gives them redundant removal doesn`t really carry through as you are already dependent on creatures to kill, albeit your opponent`s creatures.

R

Rando

I still say you need two nether spirits. Even if no one plays creatureless decks in your area, what's to keep them from starting, just like you?

Couple millstone as back-up may not be a bad idea, either...especialy with memory lapse.

...but what the hell do I know?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Gizmo for speaking up about that. I totally agree with you. I don't know if it's too late to delete the posts or leave them up as an example of what NOT to do or what though...

D

Daken Lord of Soul's

hi gismo thanks for a good reply I think what you have said is a good plan but as always there are some things that I will not agree to like the thing with mem lapse that card is there to mess with there deck ok let us say that your playing fires me this deck what would you think if I lapsed you bird now instead of getting a good card they have to get a bird this stops the speed of fires and well that is it bye