Land Destruction(T2)

E

Ekaquinox

Well I really like playing LD to bad it hasen't been good against anything but control now. But whit the new Apoc cards things look much brighter. So this is the deck:

Land Kill:
4 Vindicate(Multipurpouse Card)
4 Rain of Tears
2 Befoul
Spells:
1 Disenchant
2 Wrath of God
4 Dark Ritual
2 Dark Banashing
4 Duress
3 Gerrard's Verdict
2 Death Grasp
Creatures:
4 Spectral Lynx
4 Phyrexian Scuta/Chimeric Idol/Some Other Nice Critter
Lands:
4 Cave of Coilos
4 Rishadan Port
2 Dustbowl
7 Swamp
7 Plains

So make YOUR suggestiones right now.

M

maraud234

IF you put a little red in there, you can get...Stone rain, Obliterate, and another one that I can't remember what it's called, but it's a red/green card. But that would require adding some green too.

G

galtwish

4 Duress
4 Rain of Tears
4 Vindicate
4 Despoil
4 Befoul
4 Wrath of God
4 Chimeric Idol
2 Serra Angel
3 Death Grasp
2 Yawgmoth's Agenda
4 Caves of Kolios
4 Rishidam Port
8 Plains
9 Swamps

If you are going to destroy lands, you might as well destroy lands. With the multiple target spells (Vindicate, Befoul, Death Grasp), you regain some utility that is lost by Wrath, Duress and Rain of Tears. Agenda caps the game with reusable Despoils, Death Grasps, Idols and Vindicates. Sideboard should include a couple of Disenchants, some Nausea/Engineered Plague (maybe the pitch spell one from Prophecy), a couple of Addles and other goodies, maybe Slay.

Erik

M

Mundungu

I played a deck derived from the one D. Bachmann played at nationals at our last FNM current type 2 tourney and went 4-0 8-2.

Call me a netdecker if you want, but I was desesperate for a deck, and without much of the current broken cards (Absorbs, undermine and the like) that is the only competitive deck I could play.

I played against FIRE, fish-opposition, G/W Junk and B/U discard.

And one of the losses was a hand I should have mulliganned.
I also played the deck quite often on ICQ with great results.

It is a pure Red LD deck including the ensnaring bridge and wildfires that kills using millstones.
See the Sideboard Online Coverage of the US NAT for decklist.

You have to play it to understand its power. I couldn't have designed such a deck, but it really works great, esp. agaisnt mulitcolored deck. Opponent cant do much when it has only 1 or 2 lands in play for most of the game.

I learned a lot about LD control with that deck.

E

Ekaquinox

Ah I have played against that deck.
Its hella cool.
But sadly for my opponent I completly crushed him.
But it was good fun.

T

Turtlewax Joe

If you wan't LD go red, there ARE NO ALTERNATIVES! yes you can splash rain of tears or something else,BUT THAT'S IT
*veign bulges in forehead*
your deck can not stand T II if it has none of the best red LD spells.
Take some advice from someone who kills with a red LD deck like Ponza,uh? USE RED.