Survey...The best Punk Rock band?

B

Baskil

That really shocks me that The Dead Kennedys didn't win this. Oh well. If I checked this board more often, that's who I would have voted for. With a honorable mention going out to the Subhumans and Black Flag.

D

Darkstar

most people who voted, went with offspring, which is in my opinion not punk. The epitaph line up is cool. They have hellcat, and alternative tentacles clients at the webstite.

www.epitaph.com

Check out the free mp3s and sound clips.

T

Turtlewax Joe

If Blink 182 and MxPx are not Punk what the hell are they?
And I love New Found Glory and later Greenday. I guess I like the newer smoother punk. It's got better backbone, sorry.

D

Darkstar

Originally posted by Turtlewax Joe
If Blink 182 and MxPx are not Punk what the hell are they?
And I love New Found Glory and later Greenday. I guess I like the newer smoother punk. It's got better backbone, sorry.
Blink, mxpx, nfg, and *new* greenday are POP! Old green day is cool, the slappy hours, and kerplunk days. Better Backbone? Just because the majority of the music listening public are fantasizing about Nsink and Backstreet doesnt mean that they have total spinal coverage. If it were up to me I would cancel everything they play on mtv cept for jackass, carmen electras thingy, and tom green, and play non stop punk videos and give scott ian a butt load of cash to host rock show on mtv instead of vh1. only then would the world be a better place. The only thing that would be better would be if 2 monkeys dressed like clowns rode unicycles while participating in a knife fight!

T

Turtlewax Joe

Thanx for clearing that up :mad: If I were the old Turtlewax Joe, I would go on a long rant, and after a unique selection of words, get kicked off.

D

Darkstar

I am the Punk Rock King! If anyone can tell me why i uses dee icons i use i give em a free rare!

Killer Joe

"I saw your Mommy and your Mommy's dead..."
<what a sick tune>

I used to like Gen X (Billy Idol was their lead singer).

I like Green Day, but are they a punk band? I would call it Fun Rock.

Violent Femmes are cool and so are The Sex Pistols.

Whatinthehell IS a punk band anyway!?
Is it only the music ala' raunchy guitar sound with untuned drums? Or is it the Life Style with spiky hair, anything and everything pierced (no Prince Albert for me, please). How about the attitude, a sense of anarchy mixed in with kinky sex, booze and non-traditional social values.
~OR~
Is it just an excuse not to get up at 6 a.m. and go to a REAL job!?

Hey, don't get me wrong, back in the day, Billy Idol was considered SO outrageous that some radio stations banned his records from air play, humph, Billy Idol for Christ's Sake, a "POP" culture figure at best. I loved it though, it drove my friend's nuts!

Here's an indicator that everything, sooner or later, becomes tame: I once heard a MUSAK version of "I Melt With You" (Modern English) followed by Banarama's "Cruel Summer", ain't that a biatch!?

C

Chernobyl Hamster

I'm sure noone has heard if this band, but i'd have to say Nuclear Rabbit. They made my favorite song: Chernobyl Hamster

D

Darkstar

throw it all together (cept ive never tried "kinky" sex, doubt i will) and ya get the term punk.

A

Apollo

I am the Punk Rock King! If anyone can tell me why i uses dee icons i use i give em a free rare!
The icons? You mean the little sign at the top like I have? If so, is it because of "Warning" by Green Day?

D

Darkstar

yep, email me your addy, and ill send you some free rares outta my binder. lmk