3 fire diamond
11 mountian
2 forest
4 karplusan forest
4 port
2 dust bowl

H

Hellion

Here's a better Wildfire deck. Your deck seems a little off focus....this is a more stable tourney deck. But the problem is the 4 toughness creatures

Creatures (5):
3 Shivan Dragon
1 Two-Headed Dragon
2 Flowstone Overseer

Spells (26):
4 Pillage
4 Stone Rain
4 Wildfire
2 Earthquake
2 Pyroclasm
2 Cave-In
4 Urza's Rage
4 Volcanic Hammer

Artifacts (8):
4 Fire Diamond
4 Chimeric Idol

Lands (25):
4 Rishadan Port
4 Sandstone Needle
17 Mountain

R

rkoelsch

especially with Idols. I think the earthquakes and pyroclasm are needed since you have few creatures. Scoria Cats can block blastoderms and live.

G

Gizmo

Cats and Idols seem pretty much compulsory. I have to say I much prefer specters deck for a working brief. You also HAVE to splash for something vs Prot and Worships and the like.

P

Pokemorpher

4 Wildfire
3 Devastate
4 Stone Rain
2 Inflame
4 Reprecussion
2 Urza's Rage
3 Earthquake
4 Glittering Lynx
4 Glittering Lion
1 Archangel
2 Orim's chant
2 Fire Diamond
1 Marble Diamond
15 Mountain
7 Plains
2 Rith's Lair

This is a little more fun to play with. Use you glittering creatures to slow down a swarm with Earthquake and Orim's Chant as backup. Your main damage is coming from Reprecussion and the occasional Archangel win. Since the deck includes white, you now have access to Disenchant if you need it. Or if it's enchantments in general, try Wax/Wane since you may have a Rith's Lair if you need to save a creature instead. You could put those in a sideboard if you want along with a bit of protection from red creatures should you confront a fast burn deck.

G

galtwish

I think the real question is what sort of Wildfires deck you want to build. Is it going to be U/R, B/R, G/R, or W/R?

U/R
4 Opt
4 Sleight of Hand
4 Accumulated Knowledge
2 Sky Diamond
3 Fire Diamond
3 Star Compass
4 Tsabo's Web
4 Seal of Fire
4 Counterspell
4 Wildfire
4 Shivan Dragon/Mahamoti Djinn
4 Shivan Reef
8 Island
8 Mountian

SB
4 Hibernation
4 Suffocating Blast

Interesting, but bad against permission

W/R
4 Ramosian Leiutenant
4 Goblin Leigionaire
4 Thermal Glider
3 Lin Sivvi
3 Defiant Vanguard
4 Chimeric Idol
1 Cho-Manno, Revolutionary
3 Scoria Cat
1 Jhoval Queen
4 Wildfire
3 Worship
4 Rishidan Port
4 Battlefield Forge
10 Plains
7 Mountians

Interesting

B/R
4 Stone Rain
4 Pillage
4 Despoil
3 Techtonic Break
4 Wildfire
4 Pyroclasm
4 Nightscape Familiar
4 Phrexian Scuta
4 Skizzik
4 Rishidan Port
4 Urborg Volcano
4 Sulferous Springs
8 Mountians
5 Swamps

weak on creatures

R/G
4 Blastoderm
4 Hunted Wumpus
4 Shivan Dragon
4 Saproling Burst
2 Shivan Wurm
4 Rampant Growth
4 Skyshroud Claim
4 Wildfire
4 Earthquake
4 Hickory Woodlot
12 Forest
10 Mountians

Trying to bring Bad.dec back

Help on any of these? Which ones have been tried in the current or other incarnations? Is anyone seriously considering Wildfire?

Erik

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My friend, Sole Specter, was actually trying to build a straight red wildfire deck(With the exception of the Assault/battery, of course). That is, until apocalypse comes out. He's playtested this deck a couple of times and I must say it's pretty good.

Ransac, cpa trash man

P

Pokemorpher

You know, when I build an actual deck, it looks a lot more like this:
4 ....
3 ....
1 ....
1 ....
2 ....
1 ....
2 ....
3 ....
1 ....
and so on....

Instead of having only 4 or 3 multiples of each card, I have a lot more variety. But a lot of times, I can't get all of the cards I want for a deck. Sure, I'd love to have 4 of these, but I only can get one.

G

galtwish

Most of us are like that. I play a lot of "substandard" cards because I don't have 4 Birds of Paradise, or 4 Wrath of God. What I do have (and share with most of the people here) is a sense of inventiveness, and a desire to win on my own merits, not on the merits of hasted Saproling tokens or a Foil that dumps a Nether Spirit in your graveyard. It is up to us to play Implode, and Grafted Skullcap, and Avatar of Fury. I'm going to start a new thread on card substitutions.

Erik

F

FoundationOfRancor

Sole Specter, I would defintly go with either Red-Blue or Red-Green.
Both have considerable creatures that can survive Wildfire. Whatever colors you choose, pack the Idol, of course;)

S

sole specter

I am sorry I did not say this I am going for a less casual more competitive deck see I am not the most casual player not that I don't like multi or to have fun but I am more in it for rating and money so I was looking for a less casual more competitive out look not that your interspersions were bad but more on the casual side so with that in mind go on and thanks for your input so far